Soul Rage

Started by tSwitch, April 20, 2009, 08:50:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

Blizz, after reading some of the threads here, I think it's worthy of mentioning, when you release the game, make it clear that SR is a -skill- system, not a limit break.

People seem to be treating SR like some kind of hard-to-aquire resource (pokol) and trying to fight normal battles without it.  I didn't have a problem with the difficulty of the game (before I lost all my data), because I treated SR like restorable MP, and used the skills all the time.

Hell, you don't even have to conserve it for boss battles.  The bosses will hit you hard enough to restore tons of SR anyway.  I pulled out Ultamex twice in the battle with that ghost boss in the forest.

That being said, I'll return to my original point.
Soul Rage is a -skill- system, not some sort of last resort to save for bosses.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Yes, that is true. Did I say anywhere in the game the it's a limit break? I don't think I did. The only Limit Break that is mentioned as such is Soul Limit in the CRLS and Meta Limit in CP. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on April 20, 2009, 09:24:09 am
Yes, that is true. Did I say anywhere in the game the it's a limit break? I don't think I did. The only Limit Break that is mentioned as such is Soul Limit in the CRLS and Meta Limit in CP. ._.

no, but it's easily confused as a last resort/limit system

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

fugibo

And YAY for both. They make the game all the more awesome :P

Shining Riku

To be honest I didn't use SR all that much the first few chapters, but as the game got harder they became an integral (sp?) part in my strategies. I wouldn't have won my most recent boss fights without them, probably.

They balance out the difficulty of the game PERFECTLY.