Ice

Started by KRoP, April 20, 2009, 08:49:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KRoP

Ice
April 20, 2009, 08:49:30 pm Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:46:14 pm by KRoP

You awaken in a frozen tower, filled with statues.  You cannot remember a before, if a before ever existed; you do not know what will happen after, if you live to see that day.  You only know that you must leave this place.
 Ice, when one attempts to classify it to a genre, is a free roaming puzzle game.  There can be more than one way to solve a puzzle, each solution holding it's own consequences; there is an alternate ending, for those talented enough to reach it; many areas in the tower are optional, and hold rewards in the form of plot.  There are no battles, but there is one method through which you can die.  To truly understand Ice, you'd have to play it, and moreso than that, complete it more than once (which shouldn't be much of a problem, as the game is only half an hour to an hour).  With that said, I'll now provide media in the form of screenshots, and a download to the project.
 I realize I'm not providing much information in the way of story and the like, but as the game is so short in length and I really did provide anything that isn't an interpereted part of the plot, I feel this thread does it justice.

Spoiler: ShowHide

The game may be downloaded here (click).  The file is only 5 MB.  And a special thanks to Forgotten Bard for betatesting; without him I wouldn't have been able to post this up here.

Aqua

Oh my!
Looks cool!

And yayyyy puzzle game!
*downloads*

KRoP

Also, yeah, could someone move this to the main projects section?

Aqua

Ack!  I need help... >.<

After getting the bear trap template, it seems like I'm stuck...
The Naga awaits me at the doorway, and I can't find any way past her.
Help? :P

Crab Buster

Quote from: Elite Four Aqua on April 20, 2009, 08:55:54 pm
Oh my!
Looks cool!

And yayyyy puzzle game!
*downloads*

I'll second that! Going to try this out later.