Worldmaps...

Started by Calintz, January 24, 2008, 06:36:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Who's Worldmap is the best out there in your opinion??
- I absolutely adore that worldmap that I decided to use, made by Arevulopapo

Nortos

I'm using an edit of inquisitor's world map that Blizzard found because it doesn't go too dark when using his DDNS so that's the best for what I want it's the same one as in CP

Calintz

Nice...nice...
I really prefer the picture one however, because it looks amazing, and they are easier to make than a whole world map tileset...

Nortos

r they? how? I thought would be harder

Calintz

Haha, heck no...Just make a Pic in PS...Thats just about it.

Nortos

once you finish your game you should make me one :P

Calintz

.....Maybe... ::)Are you gonna convert maps?? Or would I be making it for nothing??

Nortos

what do you mean convert maps?

Calintz

Oops...Hope I didn't get ur hopes up!!

I meant convert to the script I'm using, and forget the tileset...

Nortos

I wouold convert to that script if you did it :P but also I don't know what it would look like with DDNS it's a pic so it probably wouldn't affect it

Calintz

So either make your own script, or ask Blizz to add a handler that would make it work...I doubt it would take much effort. Just a quick glance at avelopapo's script, and then a little modification. I'm sure Blizz would do it for you, seeing as how you're a big member of the forums...  ;)

Nortos

it's ok I suck at PS i'll just map :)

Calintz

You sure??
I'm telling you...it's worth it. These pics make my game look B...E...A...Utiful!! You have to agree!!??

Nortos

Calintz

Dick with it...eventually you'll get better...

Blizzard

BTW, I didn't find that edit of Inq's map, I made it. I put HungryMouse's stuff together who stole stuff from others and added Inq's stuff with a better coloring and saturation. I actually addad a few things on top as well. <_<;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Nice!!
So what do you think about arevulapao's script??

Oh, BTW...Just in case no one else fills in, I'll PM you a reference pic, so you have an idea of how he made the original.

Blizzard

It's pretty cool. I might do something similar in CP. I was first going to remake the whole world map with another tileset, but then I saw that one... I can make that, too. It's easier to make and it will even look better than the old one. ^_^
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

My sentiments, exactly, though I haven't seen the Worldmap in CP yet...

Nortos

Quote from: Blizzard on January 24, 2008, 09:24:33 pm
BTW, I didn't find that edit of Inq's map, I made it. I put HungryMouse's stuff together who stole stuff from others and added Inq's stuff with a better coloring and saturation. I actually addad a few things on top as well. <_<;

I didn't realise that O.o *powers up* <3