A Review: True Remembrance {SFW}

Started by Diokatsu, April 25, 2009, 08:09:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

April 25, 2009, 08:09:21 pm Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:49:41 pm by Diokatsu
Forewarning: ShowHide
I'll start this off saying this is the first time I've ever reviewed anything, so feel free to give me advice on better format. I'll next point out that I'll not listen to you anyways. I use a 4 point scale, with 1 being the lowest and 4 being the highest. The following review is extremely opinionated and biased.

I'll start this off by giving a format.

• Artwork:
  • Characters:
  • Plot:
  • Setting:
  • Overall:
All of these should be self explanatory.

Synopsis:

The story starts out in a town, a small town, described as frozen in time. It, as we will hear quite often is the town where memories come to die. This town is isolated for one purpose only: to house both the Mnemonicides who treat patients afflicted with the Dolor and those afflicted with the disease. Mnemonicides, if you can remember your Greek roots, is a term for "memory". Combined with the Latin "occido", a term for kill found in suicide and other such words, this term realistically means "Memory Killers". We are introduced to the first of two main characters in the story, Blackiris. He, in fact is as strange as his name is. On his meaningful and ceremonious walk to his new living space, he provides a beautiful narrative account of the setting, the wonderful town where "memories come to die". Upon reaching the house, he meets with, for seemingly the first time, "La". La is a beautiful young girl, whose kindness and innocence are illustrated from the very beginning of the story. These two, along with others, find their pasts and confront their fears in a town where people come to escape these very things.

Artwork
The art work was mediocre, nothing special, certainly better than I could draw. Scenes were illustrated as they appeared in the narrative accounts, a definite plus. Overall, it gets a 2 for lackluster drawings, but nothing terrible.

Characters
The characters in this visual novel are endearing and find a special place in my heart. The development is superb. Well done. 4.

Plot:
The story follows a decent enough plot. Nothing amazing, but very well played. 3.

Setting:
Absolutely fascinating. Best setting I've ever seen in a visual novel. It gets a ten for its brilliant use of setting in relation with plot and characters. 4.

Overall:
As you can tell, I'm already liking this visual novel quite a bit. It's definitely worth the play. I can't find anything to bitch about so I'll skip and give the final judgment.

• Artwork: 2
  • Characters: 4
  • Plot: 4
  • Setting: 4
  • Overall: 4
That's it. Go download if you want. This review was short because I'm just trying to find something cool to do. I don't care blah blah blah.

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Diokatsu on April 25, 2009, 08:09:21 pm
I don't care blah blah blah.

Lol. <3

Well I'm watching this and it's pretty good so far - I stopped it though and plan to resume later.... will that spoil it? Hopefully not. D=

Not a bad review - I hate the ones with long paragraphs which ramble on and you can tell the reviewer loves the sound of their own voice and intelligence. <_< Anyways, I agree with your review too. :)

Cool, Dio.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on April 25, 2009, 10:44:51 pm

Lol. <3

I hate the ones with long paragraphs which ramble on and you can tell the reviewer loves the sound of their own voice and intelligence.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu----

One easy thing to say...Proofread your work. I make errors too, and I barely read my reviews I make until I get bored and go into the post, but I do realize what errors I make.

QuoteIt, as we will hear wuite often

QuoteThis town is isolated for one p[urpose only

QuoteUpon reaching the house, he meets with, for seemignly the first time, "La"

QuoteThe art work was mediocre, nothing special, certainly better than I could draw.

QuoteScenes were illustrated as they appeared in the narrative accounts, a definate plus

QuoteOverall, it gets a 2 for lacklusterdrawings, but nothing terrible.

QuoteThe development is supurb

QuoteBest setting I've ever seen ina visual novel

Quotet gets a ten for it's brilliant use of setting in relation with plot and characters.

QuoteIt's definately worth the play

I would pass it over as okay...but that's seriously too many errors. @_@;

Short reviews are good for the person wanting a quick read to see an opinion. Maybe add a little more details though. Make a nice compromise. (Little more, yo)

Great job, haha. :3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on April 26, 2009, 12:34:19 am
I hate the ones with long paragraphs which ramble on and you can tell the reviewer loves the sound of their own voice and intelligence.

:rofl: LOL! But I love reading epic SRK paragraphs, I really do!!!!!!1!
xD I mean, they have substance and not ....... padding like so many of those horrible ..... ugh.  :O.o:

<3 That made my day.

Wow I totally didn't notice all those mistakes. D= Nice one Dio. :D

Diokatsu

April 26, 2009, 12:47:12 pm #4 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:50:30 pm by Diokatsu
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on April 26, 2009, 12:34:19 am

Lol. <3

One easy thing to say...Proofread your work. I make errors too, and I barely read my reviews I make until I get bored and go into the post, but I do realize what errors I make.

QuoteIt, as we will hear wuite often

QuoteThis town is isolated for one p[urpose only

QuoteUpon reaching the house, he meets with, for seemignly the first time, "La"

QuoteThe art work was mediocre, nothing special, certainly better than I could draw.

QuoteScenes were illustrated as they appeared in the narrative accounts, a definate plus

QuoteOverall, it gets a 2 for lacklusterdrawings, but nothing terrible.

QuoteThe development is supurb

QuoteBest setting I've ever seen ina visual novel

Quotet gets a ten for it's brilliant use of setting in relation with plot and characters.

QuoteIt's definately worth the play

I would pass it over as okay...but that's seriously too many errors. @_@;

Short reviews are good for the person wanting a quick read to see an opinion. Maybe add a little more details though. Make a nice compromise. (Little more, yo)

Great job, haha. :3

I usually let Firefox do that, but I'm using Opera. And, like I said, I really didn't put much into this except my 2 cents. As in, take or leave it buster.

Fixed all the errors by the way.