Enterbrain's new Action Game Maker 1.00 (Maybe in Beta stage)

Started by Landith, March 04, 2009, 10:05:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well...

Enterbrain is making a new RPG Maker called Action Game Maker. You may have guessed by the name, but this means it is using a Action Battle System, like in Zelda games, or like the famous BABS here. Although it's not as good as BABS. ;)

I do believe it's still in Beta but you can download the trial. Of course, being Enterbrain, it is in Japanese. But recently, I learned that the Unofficial English Patch is out, although it doesn't convert everything from Japanese to English.

If you want more info on it, here is the link : Just follow the links here for me info
If you want to try it out and download the english patch : Here

It's a pretty cool system, although I'm not sure how exactly it works... You guys should try it out though, looks promising :)

winkio

The only thing that it might have over Blizz-ABS is that they might have rewritten the engine so that it isn't so laggy and inefficient.

G_G

Well I've tried it and it comes with 3 game project types. If you start a new project there are three templates to choose from.
Theres a Zelda Game template. No Zelda character graphic but it has the maps right.
Theres a Mario Game template. No Mario character graphic but has the maps.
Than theres a template just like Star G.

winkio

hey game_guy, try putting a bunch of events/enemies on a map and see how much it lags.  Just for comparison to rmxp.

G_G

game_guy says "I realize that now that it sucks ass. Enterbrain never made anything good :("

KRoP

It really lags that much huh?

Somewhere out there, someone's dreams just got broken.

Sally

im sure they will fix the lag and make it better, its the beta... dont crush it down right away, ill download it jsut to check :)

RoseSkye

If its not an role playing game, I don't want anything to do with it yo.

Punn

Wouldn't hurt to use and do something else other then RPG.. I would give it a try.

*d/ls*

KRoP

As long as the final product isn't a VX clone with crappy physicics slapped on, RPG Maker is going to become, by far and away, forgotten and obsolete.  Granted Enterbrain never really makes anything good so I don't expect a revolution.

RoseSkye

Quote from: KRoP on March 21, 2009, 06:54:43 pm
  As long as the final product isn't a VX clone with crappy physicics slapped on, RPG Maker is going to become, by far and away, forgotten and obsolete.  Granted Enterbrain never really makes anything good so I don't expect a revolution.

There are sites in japan dedicated to the rm95

Kagutsuchi

Looks cool ^^ I am looking forwards to makeing a remastered version of The Eternal Saga with this ^^ When ever I get done with it in a million years  :wacko: I hope they will keep Arches or he will go emo :(