Megaman Battle Guardian I: Hunters of Memory

Started by Memor-X, January 19, 2008, 10:44:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

Megaman Battle Guardian I: Hunters of Memory

NOTE 1: Megaman Battle Guardian games I make is almost the exact same as my Megaman Battle Guardian series, Hunters of Memory is based on Season 1 and the full game will only be release once all of Season 1 is completed and posted on my site

Background:
months after the events of Megaman 9 (Megaman and Bass), Dr Wily, the Evil Mad Scientist who 9 times over attempted to conquer the world with his Robot Masters and Rebellion Army in the Robot Rebellions was caught by Commander Draco Kasuragi of the Official Forces before he was just about to implement his plans for yet another Robot Rebellion, with his life on the line, he would have been given death for his crimes against humanity but because he was with Dr Light and helped him create the Reploids, he was given a Parole contract that if ever broken, he would be killed on sight, by anyone or anything, risking the Robot or Reploid going Maverick, because of this contract, Dr Wily has been stopped for now and peace returned to the world, well, at least to a certain extent.

Bass, Megaman's rival, finally decided to join forces with Megaman after seeing how strong they was together during the 9th Robot Rebellion, but always keeping to the thought that one day he would defeat Megaman and destroy him and become the strongest Reploid in the world, and now that Dr Wily had been stopped, him, Megaman and Megaman's older brother Protoman now work together to help rid the world of the Mavericks.

yet, now that Dr Wily was creating more Mavericks and causing more Maverick Outbreaks and even covering up new Mavericks in his Robot Rebellions, Maverick Hunter was able to stop worrying about how they would take on Dr Wily and start worrying about the Mavericks that appear around the world and start eliminating them.

with all their hard work, Dr Light thought that he, Megaman's twin sister Roll and the 3 Reploids deserved a vacation to Den City, 30 hours from Light Labs in Yard Plains, Dr Light had another lab given to him by the Officials but it was too small for him and they was working on finding another lab for Dr Light in Den City but for the time being, the current lab was good enough for small scale research, this vacation would give Megaman, Protoman and Bass a brake and Dr Light time to work on his research on upgrading Reploids to increase their Feelings and allow them to choose what to do in life based off from these, thus allowing them to choose their own fate instead of being chained to a Core Program, Dr Wily, has no choice but to go with them because of a condition in his contract, he had to stay within the same city area as Dr Light at all times.

Now, it has been 3 months since the group moved to Den City, apart from destroying Mavericks that appear within Den City, it has been a very relaxing vacation.

however, a dark shadow looms over the world, a Maverick Pirate Group called the Mema Hunters are bringing Chaos to the world, stealing Memory Fragments from museums all over Electopia, lead by  the "Invincible" Memor-X, not even Maverick Hunter can stop their campaign, now they have set their sights to Den City as their next Target and Megaman, Protoman and Bass must come out of their vacation and defend Den City from these Pirates, yet all is not as it seems.

Who is Memor-X?
What exactly is his weapon, the Mav Buster?
Why do Memor-X and the Mema Hunters seek the Memory Fragments?
And why doesn't Memor-X give off a Maverick Signal like every other Maverick, is he a new bread of Maverick, or is he even a Maverick at all?

Characters:
the Good Guys:

Name: Megaman Light
Classification: Reploid
Creator: Dr Thomas Light
the greatest of all machines in the world, with a strong sense of justice and a large heart, he is ranked as No. 1 in Maverick Hunter's NR Database (Neutral Reploid, not a member of Maverick Hunter), everyone looks up to Megaman and believe that he will one day stop the Maverick and bring peace to the world. he is a idiot though, always getting into trouble, pissing Protoman and Roll off and getting into fights with Bass, however when the situation requires it, he straitens up, he's idiot behavior is un-noticeable when he is fighting for those who can not protect themselves, after he was upgraded with weapons and that during the 1st Robot Rebellion, he's core program is non existent but it doesn't stop him from protecting people.

Name: Protoman Light
the first Reploid in existence, he was created with weapons and battle algos and laid the path for his brother and sister, he is seen much as a loner and always is by himself, after King's defeat in the 9th Robot Rebellion Protoman began to live with Dr Light because of Roll's Request to stay with them, Protoman only opens up to Roll and is very much the Reploid who keeps the peace in the lab by telling Roll who to beat the crap out of, he's the oldest out of himself, Megaman and Roll.

Name: Bass Wily
Creator: Dr Albert Wily
he was created by Dr Wily just before the 7th Robot Rebellion, his core program is to destroy Megaman but after so many defeats and seeing just how strong he is when he's on the side of good he joined forces with Megaman but still keeps thinking that one day he will destroy Megaman and be the strongest, he still lives with Dr Wily and help out at the lab but is found at Dr Light's Lab most of the time since the jobs Dr Wily gives Bass are like cleaning and picking up his Pizza order.

Name: Roll Light
Roll was created to help out around the lab with Dr Light, she is sweet and kind and has no will to fight but she has a short temper, and is really the main target when Megaman and Bass start to mess about and is normally the only one that beats the crap out of them, not because she's stronger, no one knows how strong she may be, but because Megaman and Bass are idiots, she normally helps out Megaman, Protoman and Bass at times but is normally found either in her room or watching TV with Protoman, she is sometimes seen as the youngest but she is Megaman's Twin.

Name: Thomas Light
Field: Advance Robotics
is one of the main reasons why Reploids exists, he created the Reploids to bridge the gap between man and machine by creating a robot that can feel just like a human, he also wanted to create a robot that couldn't go Maverick however there may be more Reploids that have gone Maverick in the past than normal robots, he doesn't like making weapons of Megaman but when it comes to it, he ends up helping Megaman stop any threatens to the peace mankind attempts to hold, he was also the one that found the flaw in the 1st rule of Robotics "a robot must never harm a human" revealing that as long as the human isn't killed, the machine won't go Maverick, meaning that beating the crap out of a human is allowed.

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Albert Wily
Field: Human-Reploid energy conversion, Advance Robotics
he helped Dr Light in the beginning when they worked together creation the Reploids but his greatest dream was to conquer the world and the Reploids was his ticket to do it however he can't seem to give them emotion because it was Dr Light's E-System that did this, Dr Wily was barely able to duplicate this when he created Bass, he has been a major threat to maintaining peace in the world and his Robot Rebellions provided a prefect mask for Mavericks to rise up without Maverick Hunter noticing, with his parole Contract, he can only make a new robot of any kind every 3 months, he can not make any Robot Master or the Rebellion Army and he is not allowed to attempt to conquer the world, if he violates this he will be killed and Dr Wily Values his life over everything.

The Mema Hunters:
a Maverick Pirate Group that has recently been active, during g the Robot Rebellions they've kept a low profile but since the end of the 9th Robot Rebellion they have been attacks more places and stealing the Memory Fragments from museums and digging them up, it's not know why exactly they want the Memory Fragments but billions of Zenny of damage has been made by the Mema Hunters and their attacks.

Name: Memor-X
Classification: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
labeled "Invincible" by Maverick Hunter because he has not yet been defeated in battle, he is a mysterious as he is powerful and the same goes for his buster, the Mav Buster, it's of unknown origin but  it has the power to destroy the planet but why Memor-X hasn't tried to conquer the world or even destroy it is yet another mystery, it is him that controls the Mavericks in the Mema Hunter and most of them seem to be doing it against their will, and it is him that wants the Memory Fragment for unknown reasons, yet there is a huge amount that's not known about this guy and his motives.

The Mema Hunter Commanders
A group that stay by Memor-X's side, their skills are beyond the other Mavericks of the Mema Hunters

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Agile
Classification: Maverick
Agile is a wanted Mercenary, selling out his skills to other Mavericks, he is the second in command, it's not known how him and Memor-X met or even why he's with Memor-X but he seems to be in the Mema Hunters for his own will, even though most of the Mema Hunters have a bat like symbol on their shoulder, Agile has a backwards E on his.

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Junkman
Creator: Agile
One of the Robot Masters from the 7th Robot Rebellion, Agile brought him back to life to help build some of the equipment for the Mema Hunters including the Hunter Fortress, Knight, ect. he has a place in the Hunter Fortress that is full of junk that has been gathered from destroyed Robots, Mavericks and Reploids and from city junkyards, he uses this junk to make stuff for the Mema Hunters.

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Knight
Creator: Junkman
Knight is King from the 9th Robot Rebellion brought back by Junkman, he uses a large axe to attack and when combined with Junkman, they are unstoppable, Knight sometimes has flashbacks from his battles when he was King but Junkman and Memor-X cover these up as if he can not be trusted and is under Memor-X's control.

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Ninjzz
a strange Ninja robot, not known if he's a Maverick because he doesn't generate a Maverick Signal like the other Mavericks, Ninjzz is hardly even seen fighting and seems to give Memor-X Guidance, at points Memor-X seems to call him bro as if they're brothers, when he warps out he seems to disappear in a blast of smoke like a Ninjitsu then an normal warping pattern.

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Fiver
Classification: Cyber Elf
always seen flying around either Memor-X or Ninjzz, it's not known if she can fight even though she claims to be able to, she has a vast knowledge with weapons as if she was created a Weapons Guidance Cyber Elf, Memor-X now and again calls her sis as if their brother and sister.

[Image Coming Soon]
Name: Cynthia Lunar
Cynthia is an ex-Mema Hunter, she used to fight by Memor-X's side months ago but claims she left because her presence meant danger to Memor-X, she knows a lot about what the Memory Fragments can do, she also seems to hide the fact that she knows Memor-X's past, she hates Agile to an extent where she will destroy him at will replying to Memor-X when she find out that Agile as been destroyed "good, bloody tool of a maverick, he's lucky to be killed by Blue Boy and not me!", Cinthia also sings a strange song that seems to calm Memor-X, in a Sphere you obtain later in the game that she has recorded the says "this song calmed my brother during the conversion prossess, he had to be clamed down cause his screems would have echoed though the palace and mother would have been found out by Sigma"

[Images Coming Soon]
Name: The Memory Hunters
Creator: Junkman
a group of 8 Maverick created to help find Memory Fragments, they outrank the other Mavericks by class and power but are still weaker then the Commanders, they don't seem to have any will of their own.

Other Bad Guys:
Name: Zero
attacks Megaman, Bass and Protoman are tries to kidnap Roll, his mission and creator is unknown but I may have something to do with Memor-X's presence since he seems to know him, he uses a Z-Saber as his primary weapon and his range attacks consist of blasts fired from his Z Buster and Sword Energy Wave that are emitted when EP is used.

Name: Twins
2 spirit like Mavericks, one red, one blue, the red one seems to control Fire while the blue one seems to control Ice, they attempt to destroy Cynthia for "betraying Mother and letting Brother gain free will", they may be apart of a deep plot.

Name: Nightmare
related to the Twins, Megaman encounters her in the Hunter Fortress, not only does she minipulate the space in the Hunter Fortress, but she also has the power to make Nightmares come true, her real name is unknown but when she leaves she says "the shadow of the moon is the true nightmare, the moon princess, mother, will return to take this world from the Humans"

Name: Mavericks
robots and Reploids that have broken any of the Rules of Robotics or are infected by the Maverick Virus, a Virus just like the flu but in digital form and only infects machine and not humans, Mavericks do what they like, when they like, where they like to who they like, they have no remorse for what they do, they care not for any rules and do anything from robbing people and banks to killing humans, robots and Reploids.

Other:
Name: Maverick Hunter
a group created by Reploids and Robots who want to do more for their human masters, all have a sense of duty and justice, they track down, hunt and destroy Mavericks that cause problems, Mavericks that have killed are always the first targets and get destroyed above all, Maverick Hunter is lead by Commander Vion Gray, a Reploid who was put into the rank High Commander by Representative of Robots and Reploids, Gate, second in command is Tempest Famous, created by the famous Mr. Famous.

Name: The Officials
also referred to as the Human Military, they control the army, paramedic, fire brigade and police, they get their orders from the presidents of Netopia, Sharo, Electopia, Netfrica, Yumland and the World President, the army is used to take down Anti-Government Rebels and to calm things down between Bright Land and Dark Land.

Name: Humans
nothing much, just you and me.

Name: Robots
machines with advance AI, they can act and follow orders, at the current time the most common Maverick is one that used to be a Robot.

Name: Reploids (1st gen)
NOTE: Megaman, Protoman ect. to me are the 1st generation or Reploids, while X is the 2nd generation and Axl is the 3rd since Reploids are created to feel emotion like humans, just a heads up for those who've played the Classic and X series.
Reploids are more advance than Robots, having human features and emotion, but still bounded by a core program, only Dr Light and Dr Wily know who to create a Reploid without a core program but only Protoman, Megaman and Roll are examples of this.

Name: Dark Boy and Earth Immortal
a boy and a girl who appear during the series, they show up to warn Megaman that "Troy isn't evil, when you fight him, don't destroy him, he is a kind Reploid who only does what he thinks needs to be done for the good of everyone", for the fact that Megaman and co don't know any Troy makes them think of future battles and even past battles.

Features:
Soul Change: Change your soul in the middle of battle, utilize their separate skills and weapons, level them up separately to your own soul, will they been your strength, or will your own soul be.

Different Stories: 3 different stories to play as, unlock all the secrets of Season 1 of Megaman Battle Guardian, play as Megaman and defend the citizens of Den City from Memor-X, play as Memor-X and harness the power of the Mav Buster or play as Roll and discover another side to Memor-X that very few know.

Mav Dive System: as Memor-X, dive into his mind and unlock abilities for the Mav Buster using the Power of the Memory Fragments.

Even more fun at the end: completed all 3 stories, try out Boss Dual where you take on every boss one after another from all 3 story mode or fight the elusive Finos in the Lunar Temple.

2 more Bonus Characters: beat the 3 story modes and play Boss Dual and fight Finos as the White Knight or Arcadia, Arcadis, or the Vampire girl Red Durathror.

Bonus Souls: get the Bonus Souls you can only get after you beat certain parts of the game, ranging from enhanced powers to greater strength

Unlock the hardest final boss: get every secret in the game and play Roll Mode to encount the High Order Maverick Legion and beat the stronger version of the final boss, Legion King

The first of many: Megaman Battle Guardian I: Hunters of Memory is only the beginning, a game for every season of Megaman Battle Guardian, be on the look out for Megaman Battle Guardian II: Present and Future and don't forget to watch the series, it'll give you insight to how to beat the bosses, remember, the battle for the planet is only beginning

Screen Shots:
N/A

Demos:
N/A

Credits:
CAPCOM, Megaman and that is theirs, I have to give credit to them,
Konami, because of Boktai characters that get used (Red Durathror, Sabata, Refernace to the Solar Boy),
Blizzard for making Blizz-ABS, the CMS I'm using, DREAM and other scripts,
Fantasist for doing a number of scripts for me
everyone else who's helped me out

Sally

looks realyl nice for a mega man game! cant wait to try it out.

Memor-X

well if things go well this month, should have the first demo up this month, next month some time, i'm just waiting on some scripts and to get the episode that the demo is based from done

Sally

Blizzard

Can't wait to see that. <3
Are you using the new Blizz-ABS v1.89 already?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

I think u should remake the title thing... without using Microsoft Wordart or w/e the thing is.

Memor-X

@Blizzard: i'm going to install the new version, but it's a pain in the ass to chnage all the settings and add the database in, i'm hoping that the ally AI is done before i getr to the part in Memor-X Mode where you and Cynthia go though Memory Asulym Zeta, that way i can get the boss battle set up for 2 people fighting at the same time

@UltaFlame: i proboly will change it for Virus Chronicals (Season 7-10, Games VII, VII.5, VIII, IX and X) since if i chnage it now, i'l have to chnage the cover art i've made for the game case, the CD artwork i made cause once i finish the game, i'm going to make it onto CD for myself, and the Intro which i just finished, it'll be a pain in the ass to change it now

Nortos

January 21, 2008, 12:25:58 am #7 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:26:56 am by Nortos
:P I am making mine into CD's for friends me and as part of a resume and yeah I know what you mean about installing new version I still got an old CRLS and addons as I've configured everything work together and can't be bothered doing again anyway nothing new I want heaps on them

Blizzard

January 21, 2008, 02:57:29 am #8 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:46:30 am by Blizzard
AI is done in v1.89. -_- v1.9 will just have an upgrade on the AI and edited manual and maybe a couple of minor extras like swimming support.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

added stealth system yet? *sorry for offtopic*

Fantasist

Quoteit's a pain in the ass to chnage all the settings and add the database in

Hey Bliz, what if you seperate the config part?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

January 21, 2008, 05:39:29 am #11 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:40:11 am by Blizzard
It's on top of the script, it IS seperate. But I will group the features better in 1.9 for more convenience. It's easier to copy an existing config if you know that i.e. only two new were added in the group with sprites.

Fantasist

That's exactly what I meant, so looking forward to it :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Memor-X

yay, ally AI, now i can confgure the boss battle of Troy and Cynthia VS the Twins and their giant rock golem at the Memory Asylum where i get to it, i knew that i would not ever get this game complete untill Ally AI was Done since though out Roll Mode, you play as Roll but she always has Fiver with here for support, just wondering Bliizard, if i was to set an event's path so they run around in cricles and have that event made into an enemy, will that enemy stay on that path even if they see the player and attack when they can or will they leave the path and chase after the player, also, with the health bars, if the enemy is on the map but has no sprite, will the bar show up cause with the second boss battle that will be in the demo, you fight Agile but he dissapears and you have to switch 4 switches to make him show himself that that only lasts for about 30 seconds, i need to know if they bars still show so people can't attack Agile while they can't see him

Vell

Blizzard

I'll be sure to make it possible to make enemies have a moving route. And I will remove the bars if no sprite is present in the next release.

Memor-X

@UltaFlame: well, the 3 play modes i had planed when i was going to make this game in Game Maker as a platform, but when i cracked it and started to make it with RPG Maker XP, yeh, all these ideas have been swaming into me

@Blizzard: well i'll wait for the new version to be released, that way i can make all the changes when it come out then and along with the scripts Fantasist is doing for me, it'll save me a whole lot of time

also, an update of the progress, since i got all the game play for the demo done and just waiting on the scripts, i've been tweaking some bits, i've changed a part where Megaman meets Earth Immortal for the first time, it used to go like this

EI: so your Megaman
Megaman: yeh
EI: do you fight for peace and justice
Megaman: yeh, why?
EI: retared fool

sounds retared, now it goes like this

EI: so your Megaman, hope of humanity, protector of peace and justice
Megaman: yeh, and you are
EI: someone who knows a weak, retared fool when she sees one

sound a lot better, also, Div sent me the installer of the Mema Hunter Gamer V1.1 ready for the demo, which means all bugs in the Soul Chnage System are gone apart from BSOD if the .DIX file isn't on the computer, but the scripts Fantasist is working on for me should solve that problem, demo should be up either end of this month or next month as i'm working on the site update now