Calintz's Resources (Updated - Oct. 13th, 2010)

Started by Calintz, January 24, 2008, 11:26:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

January 24, 2008, 11:26:04 pm Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:24:42 pm by Calintz
I may re-organize this thread at a later date.

All of my resources are free for use. They can be found at the following link and no credit is "required." That doesn't mean I wouldn't be obliged to find myself in the credits of your game, it simply means I don't have to be added.
Spoiler: ShowHide
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/RPGMaker%20XP/

Nortos

you should make the Chocobo a whole sprite it's awesome :) and I'm loving your swords why does that bus have white underneath the bottom? I guess it's because it's on a road and looks good ingame
I'm loving those dressers and can't wait to see you're boat? when you do a boat does the water have like a bush flag or something and you can see it covering half the boat or do you have to put water in the sprite of the boat?

Punn

Sally

Nortos

must be your internet or haven't you clicked on the spoilers?

Sally

January 25, 2008, 03:10:22 am #5 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:07:08 am by Susys
maby kuz i just loged out of WoW...

edit: they load up now i like the cohbico! :P

Calintz

Thnx guys...

@Mumerus:
What did I do a poor job on??

Fantasist

I really love the shading on the chocobo.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

Haha thnx...

@Nortos:
The bus has that nasty white line under it, because I just blew it up in PS.
When I'm feeling ambitious, but definitely before my game's final release, I will edit it to make it look as detailed ad my futuristic car...**Keep in mind that I do ALL of my spriting with Paint, so it takes a long time to do big things...

dark-archangel

Calintz

Lot more to come some time soon...

Vell

legacyblade

I have to say that Demon's Bane and the futuristic car thing look great. I also remember the making of jack...3 people on one sprite. That's just awesome.

Sally

Calintz

I will also be making an airship for his World Map...

legacyblade

I can't wait to see the boat finished. I am, for some reason, against world maps, just hate them. Not sure why, I just do. But the more resources out there, the better.

Calintz

Fallen Angel X

Nice! And you said you do EVERYTHING in paint?? Wow I tried using paint for stuff like this and I just don't got the patience  :-[

legacyblade

Wait, why are you using pain? Photoshop is just as good for pixel art, and is much more suited for sprites, since it has transparency and layers. you just use the pencil tool, switch it's raduis to 1, and it's opacity to 100%!

Nortos

I think he's using paint.net if I'm correct? And maybe he doesn't have PS and the money for it

Caro Ru Lushe

I, too use Paint =X In the hands of an Artist, a low tool can be quite useful.

legacyblade

I used to use paint, I just like transparency and layers,  :P

Calintz

I use Paint...
The original Paint program that comes installed on every CPU.

I do have PS, but I prefer not to use it for Pixel Art...

Nortos

really? O.o I love PS way more than paint personally

Sally

Calintz

Sally

legacyblade

I don't get why you like paint better. Maybe you should try graphics gale, it's like paint with layers.

Calintz

February 25, 2008, 12:57:53 am #28 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:20:23 am by Calintz16438
I'm fine...Thank you for helping, but I enjoy the way I do it.

BTW:
A few new things up...Character templates and a couple of sprites...When owners leave, the sprites become the public's. Oh, and that Chocobo was made ENTIRELY from scratch!! I'm kinda proud of that one :)

I know that the assassin in white is based off of someone else's resource, however I did make the entire re-colour myself, because I was doing a request. Whoever made that sprite before can share credit of mine for coming up with the idea, just let me know who you are...

Chaze007

i see you used my Altair, he looks very nice i added him now i have black red purp white and sumthin else XD
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Calintz

I made the Altair re-colour myself. I started from scratch, because the spriteset you gave me was blurry and I didn't wanna deal with it.

Is anyone interested in me finishing the sprite on the first page?? It's the dude wearing the KHII robe...

Chaze007

*waits for mine to show up here* i still wanna use it XD
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Fantasist

QuoteI've been working on this guy for Seaniorsr, but he bailed...If anyone wants me to finish him, let me know...
Senior is now Lost_Hope, right? Anyway, I want this sprite unless he and you mind :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

February 28, 2009, 02:24:16 am #33 Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:14:28 pm by Calintz16438
This thread has been re-designed, and all of my resources are now incorporated...
**Some of the older resources were removed.

**I will try my best to keep this thread up-to-date, and constantly add new resources as I create them.. .. ..

EDIT
Updated once more...
New section added also. The tileset section.

EDIT01
UPDATED...
The even further enhanced version of the post town interior is up.

G_G

Its nice calintz I like it!! I wanna see the chocobo tho I never got to see it.

Calintz

Ah, Lol...I removed that sprite, but I still have it on my hard drive. I will upload it when I finish it.

Landith

I checked it out, looks really good. The only thing is that it has a green lampshade but not the other colors as well. Just a sugestion, also a limitation in the original tileset is no chairs on the sides, maybe sprite some chairs side-view?

Looks great though! Keep it up! :)

G_G

Tazero

Power up Calz,
Yout doing great quality work....(Not that you haven't)
Hope to see more soon.

If you were a fish...

Calintz

SolstICE

nice resources. thanks :D

some good stuff i will probably use. needed screwdriver icon too thought I would have to make my own

Calintz

Thank you.
I am using the screw driver for my options icon XD.

G_G

When will I get to see the chocobo? I never got to see it  :roll:

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 12:49:05 am #43 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:56:22 am by Calintz16438
Oh...hold on then.
I can fix that little issue for you.

**and with my refined style, when I complete him, I think he will be quite bad ass!! XD

EDIT
Here you go Game_Guy. This sprite is obviously far from finished...and since creating this version, my skills as a spriter have increased at an exponential rate, so when I do finish this sprite: it probably won't look the same :P

G_G

YAY I got to see it!!! It looks nice still I cant wait to see it finished. Will it be WITW?

Calintz

No, Lol...It was just a sprite I did eons ago to practice my shading...
I will create an updated version right now and post it shortly. It will not be finished, but updated.

Tazero

Is the PTOWN enhanced go with the passabilities of ptown inner? :???:

If you were a fish...

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 04:50:23 pm #47 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:52:33 pm by Calintz16438
In order to properly integrate the tileset into your game, you have to set the passability yourself.
This is just the graphic. If you would like, I can create a list that describes the correct passability for each extra tile I have added.

**Basically, just copy the PostTown-Interior and paste it into a blank spot, and change the graphics for the copy to the tileset on the main page. Then, set each of the new tile's passabilities.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Okay, Hold on I will use screenshots for you...

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Calintz

March 15, 2009, 05:05:27 pm #51 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:24:33 pm by Calintz16438
Lol, don't push it buddy!!
It is gonna take some time though.

**I will need like 15minutes.

EDIT:
Okay, the main page has been uploaded with all of the information you will need.

Calintz

I have updated the main page with a new Locker(charaset) requested by Game_Guy.

King Munkey

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

G_G

Its perfect Calintz! I thank you alot!

Calintz

Thank you Munkey :D.

It seems that no matter how long I take off, my skills as a spriter only increase. I am constantly thinking to myself while I'm at work even, how can I improve my spriting abilities, and I think of techniques and what not that I can try. When I finally get around to spriting something, it normally shows.

I am going to re-do some of the resources in here.

Aqua

Locker looks shweet :D

I might use it for something...
Wonder if it'll fit in though XD

Calintz

I hope you do Aqua :D.
@Game_Guy: 1,000 you're welcomes XD ...

Sally

Calintz

Haha, thank you Sally :D.
I will re-colour it up real quick and get you that pink locker ASAP, XD.

Sally

awww i was kidding but that would be sweet.

G_G

As soon as you said that I imagined some snobby dumb rich kid paying someone to paint there locker pink xD

I think I got it from Suite Life of Zack and Cody if anyone's seen it....xD

Sally

i would love for my locker to be pink... lol

Calintz

May 24, 2009, 12:34:02 am #63 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:12:42 am by Calintz16438
Lol, my little step sisters watch it.

Edit
I was doing the re-colour of the locker, and I realized that I dropped that saturation to 0in the original, which makes an actual re-colour impossible. I will have to do it by hand, and I don't feel like it right now, so maybe some other time ... But to completely honest, I probably won't ever do it, because I don't see it ever being used ...

Sally

system('explorer.exe
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=saturation&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=)

damn it didnt work... now i gotta goto google and search...

edit: so whay cant you recolor it when the saturation is so low?

Calintz

I can edit it, but I would have to do it by hand, which means it would take relatively as long as the original ... I can't use the re-colour tool, because there is no color data left after a desaturation ...

Sally

Aqua

May 24, 2009, 09:50:21 am #67 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:57:41 am by Aqua
I'm gonna try...

Hope you don't mind Cal.

Took me 2 min ^_^ (literally)

Time to teach Cal (and other people who don't know) how to easily recolor even w/o using saturation.

New Layer.
Fill it with new color.
Give it a mask on places where it will be recolored.
Set layer mode on Color.

After doing this, you miiiight have to readjust the color layer a little...

Calintz

Aqua

Lol Calintz replied before I could finish editting my post.

Cal, you can post the locker on the front page.  No need for credits.

Calintz

May 24, 2009, 10:12:08 am #70 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:24:18 am by Calintz16438
Very nice Aqua, and thank for the tips =D

Edit
1st post has been updated ...

G_G

Thanks again Calintz and nice job Aqua!

I've been wanting to know that for awhile now.

Sally

May 24, 2009, 12:30:28 pm #72 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:33:58 pm by Sally
thx sally for the request.

thx calinz for original locker sprite

thx Aqua for pink recolor.

its so cute <3 lol

G_G

Quote from: Sally on May 24, 2009, 12:30:28 pm
thx sally for the request.

thx calinz for original locker sprite

thx Aqua for pink recolor.

its so cute >3 lol

Shouldnt the last line be

its so cute <3 lol

You kinda messed it up lol

Sally

Calintz

I have updated the "Icons" section.
I have removed some, and changed others, so please review ALL the icons. I hope you like them.

G_G

I love them all calintz! I'm definetly using most of these *lv's up* you are awesome!

Calintz

Thank you Game_Guy =D.
I will be creating more soon. I need some more unique ones for my game.

Sally

Calintz

G_G

Check out what I did to your icon!!!!

Calintz

Dude ... quite kick ass ...
The only problem is that the bubbles that radiate need to move with the flow of the weapon.

Great job though ... Add that to your thread :D

Seox

O_o

I don't think there's anything on here that I don't like.

Great job ^_^
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Calintz

June 11, 2009, 12:27:35 am #83 Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:23:37 am by Calintz
Thank you Seox.

Edit:
Added some camping chairs that I just created for my main project.

G_G

Where's all of your resources? They dont load D:

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: game_guy on October 25, 2009, 12:50:56 am
Where's all of your resources? They dont load D:

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/RMXP/Miscellaneous%20Resources/
More organization.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Calintz

Calintz

Sorry for the necropost, but I wanted to let people know that the first post in this thread has been updated with a link to my resources that were lost. There are unique items specifically tailored for my past game, but there are also some really good icons and such for free use.