Blizz ABS battle music change brainstorming session

Started by RoseSkye, April 28, 2009, 06:35:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

*Lights cig* ... *highly probable he will die from cancer... and nothing of value would be lost*

Okay. So I'm trying to figure out a way to set a battle feel in an ABS game without making it seem too RPG.

My first test was set a common event that is triggered by a skill that the enemy will trigger within proximity of the party. This common event memorizes the music/bgs, fades the current music out, dims the lighting, plays a battle track, and finally turns on a switch so it wont be called again if another enemy is in proximity and uses the skill.

For some reason enemies wont use this skill let alone use the skill off the bat.

So I scratched that idea from the board.

My second idea is make a parallel process event on battle maps with enemies that checks the position of events. If the enemy events are near the character the call the common event.. This may be a little complex on bigger maps and may cause unneccessary lag..

Scratch that idea.. I'm not an awesome eventer. I'm more of a jack of all trades. I'm not awesome at anything I'm just a little above average.

Third Idea..
Use a script that uses SE to change the music.. that definitely wont work because it'll spam music .. I'm out of ideas at this point

So my request is for someone to help with my plight of replicating a battle scenario with Blizz ABS.

Aqua

if $BlizzABS.enemy_has_memorized?(TROOP, ACTORS, 0)
(change music and what not)
else
(change back)
end

Didn't test this... but I think it should work...
It'll only test for the player though...

RoseSkye

April 28, 2009, 07:55:00 pm #2 Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:16:42 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: Elite Four Aqua on April 28, 2009, 07:23:19 pm

if $BlizzABS.enemy_has_memorized?(TROOP, ACTORS, 0)
(change music and what not)
else
(change back)
end

Didn't test this... but I think it should work...
It'll only test for the player though...

How is the music going to play if there is no code to play music?

Oh sht I get it now. I found it peculiar that you put a code that looked like a common event.
------------------------
Synthax Error

legacyblade

oh, I have an addon that does this in an addon pack I'm making. I'll release it early, with only a few addons in the collection, to solve your problem (expect it tomorrow, since I have to update the code for the newest bABS version)

Subsonic_Noise

June 04, 2009, 12:57:03 pm #4 Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:59:01 pm by Subsonic_Noise
I haven't found legacyblade's script, so i came up with a solution:

The wait times have to be adjusted, but it works!^^