MenuSwap

Started by lilbrudder917, April 29, 2009, 08:29:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lilbrudder917

April 29, 2009, 08:29:03 pm Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:18:47 pm by lilbrudder917
MenuSwap
Version: 1.0
Type: Event System

Introduction

At the moment, the instructions are incorrect; I forgot to add the C Button's use. If you want to use this event correctly, please download the demo.
This event allows you to have multiple menus by pressing an arrow key. Very useful for those who get bored of one Title Menu easily.

Features

• Changable Titlescreen, without going into the database.
  • When changing screens, the selection stays at the same position.

Screenshots

Doesn't really make sense, just think of pressing a button and getting a new titlemenu.

Demo

Right here!

Instructions
Just make your character(s) start onto an empty map with this as an event:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Credits and Thanks

• Myself.

Author's Notes

This was my first script, whether it be evented or scripted. Please give constructive feedback.

Requires 2 Variables, 1 map, and a Titleskip Script.
I've seen events like this before, but never saw one allowing you to change the title image- in game.

Mightylink

This is actually pretty cool, many games have unlockable title screens, doing this through an event system can bring out all new posabilities, great work.  :D

Aqua

Interesting idea...

However, I have some picky bits.

Mm...
The "Type" of event system this is can't be "Event System"

Perhaps you should use some image editting program (even Paint will do), make your instructions only contain the actual event code, and exclude all the extra stuff on the left.

Aaaaand... this is not a script.
Scripts and events are different.

lilbrudder917

April 29, 2009, 10:53:49 pm #3 Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:55:49 pm by lilbrudder917
@ Mightylink - Thanks, and yes, that's what I had in mind while making this.

@ Aqua - As for the "Event System" issue, I'm sorry, I wasn't sure what to call it; and I'd seen another Event thing in the Database with that Type. As for the not being called a script- I didn't know what Events are called in this matter, again, sorry. EDIT: Also as for the editing to crop out only the event code, I'd seen other people have what I did, so I just did the same.

Also, for the demo I used Nortos' Title Skip, so would I put that under credits, even though its not nessessary to work?