osu! - rhythm is just a click away

Started by Starrodkirby86, May 03, 2009, 09:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Ryexander on September 20, 2009, 10:55:34 am
you skipped 4th place again
That was more of a typo...I swear I had the intent of putting 4th. >.>

Quote from: game_guy on September 20, 2009, 11:21:34 am
what do you mean again?
This wasn't the first number conflict I had.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Why does anyone cares it's a game go have fun and don't concern yourself with rank.

winkio

What, you can be proud of yourself for your accomplishments but other people can't?  Why shouldn't people want to be good at something.  It's a game, and like anything else, it is more fun if you are more skilled.

Diokatsu

September 20, 2009, 06:00:06 pm #45 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:02:42 pm by Diokatsu
Quote from: winkio on September 20, 2009, 04:48:24 pm
What, you can be proud of yourself for your accomplishments but other people can't?  Why shouldn't people want to be good at something.  It's a game, and like anything else, it is more fun if you are more skilled.

We're on an RPG maker forum. I don't anyone with common sense would have pride in being better than the 6 or whatever amount of people who play on here. And no you're wrong. I play rhythm gaming too and the best part isn't being better than others but getting better than you were before. Beating your own scores is much more satisfying than beating someone else.

Also I'm not bragging about osu! or just about anything else. Even Stepmania. I post videos that show me getting better not beating other people. Which is why I'm going to say this again. Don't be concerned with ranks, because YOU know how good you are so that should be enough.

winkio

And you have no grounds to be telling other people whether or not to compare themselves to others.  Skill is relative: you can either base it off your own previous skill or off of another person's skill.  Or both.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with measuring up to other people, just like there is nothing wrong with measuring up to yourself.  I know you think that you are highly superior to everyone else but you need to realize that nobody is going to worship you for it.

Diokatsu

I fail to see how I could possibly expect anyone to worship me for anything I say on this forum. Truth be told, I doubt anyone really likes me here aside from a select few who know the real me.

Skill measured up to other people is entirely relative, yes. You can't expect to beat other people unless you work hard, and even then other people have their own lives. What if they couldn't play or forgot even? Then how fair is you improvement. not very in my perspective. However, if you only concern your growth against your previous feats, you'll never be caught up in a relative skill comparision. you are always you. Your improvements aren't something relative toi how much you try and how hard you work. It's direct proportion.

I don't feel like arguing about this anymore. Again, it's just a game. I shouldn't have gotten so worked up over it and started arguing back so I apologize.

winkio

Apology accepted.  I don't think you got all of what I was saying, especially the last sentence of my previous post, but I didn't expect you to be that open anyways.  Oh well, argument dropped :)

Just as a hint, my point had nothing to do with whether or not people should pay attention to rank.

Ryex

woot I'm out of the 10,000! the only reason I pay attention to my rank is because it tells me how much I've improved... at least i think it does...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

Congratulations.

Rank isn't a very good indicator of how well someone plays. It simply is a basis of how high your score is. Someone who decently plays every song can get a higher rank than master players who don't have every song. People before me in the Top 100, even within the Top 300 can easily wipe out my scores by being able to full combo songs or play on harder mods (DoubleTime maniacs). Yet I'm still higher. Why? I simply played more songs and have a higher overall score.

However, it does give a good indication of devotion and a basic level of skill relativity to an extent. For example, the majority of players within ryexander's level are more or less around his range (Probably less because Ryex has been doing well).

Just sayin'. I don't want this to be a heated debate anyway; this leaderboard is there for a little fun viewing of CP players playing this game. ^^

Keep at playing, Ryex. <3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Diokatsu

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on September 21, 2009, 12:16:59 am
viewing of CP

Woah...

Quote from: winkio on September 20, 2009, 09:26:50 pm
Apology accepted.  I don't think you got all of what I was saying, especially the last sentence of my previous post, but I didn't expect you to be that open anyways.  Oh well, argument dropped :)

Just as a hint, my point had nothing to do with whether or not people should pay attention to rank.

I'm not going to explain them anymore though :(

You all should go play Stepmania though it's much more impressive 8) Not really, but if you like osu! try Stepmania. Download songs from bemanistyle.com and flashflashrevolution.com. Check out the Stepmania thread here and talk to me or Star if you want more info.

Hellfire Dragon

I haven't played osu! in months :P Though I played Stepmania more recently ^_^ I suck at osu! >.<
Oh well, just gotta keep trying :)

Diokatsu

Post scores or simfile requests in the Stepmania thread. Star might even take beatmap requests in here, once he finishes with some of his other work.

Starrodkirby86

Don't tell me what I should do ! >8U

Haha, just kidding. Don't want to toot my (or our) horn(s) with this, but Diokatsu and I are definitely pretty knowledgeable within these items. Ask any one of us for any questions you have. If you're interested in making a Beatmap, definitely talk to me first or ring a bell here...

On the StepMania hand (Yeah, I know this is osu!, but whatever), you can still talk to either one of us for help there. Dio's pretty good in his field, so us guys got you covered to an extent in your rhythm gaming pleasures. ;) Of course, all the StepMania talk shall belong in the infamous StepMania thread.

Uh, on Beatmap Requests...it definitely depends on the song...but I do have to go through the muck I have right now, so it's best to bear with me there.

Diokatsu

Starrodkirby86

Gah, things aren't working for me with MSN Messenger (And I don't mean technically, I mean time and whatever-else"-ally").

So I'm just going to post about your Beatmap here, Diokatsu. Figured you'd read it here as opposed to the Beatmap Thread.

I'm sure your version is better than that other one I found (Though I didn't download it). Try an offset around 337? The jumps between combos worked pretty well for the most part, and good luck to anyone who reaches to the end; can anyone really trill those 32nds? :P

Diokatsu

1: i like it a little bit offsync so people have to replay for scores.
2: I'm gonna be playing with some new patterns so don't worry about the copy pasta if you were hege
3:32nds are impossible I think.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 29, 2009, 09:31:51 pm
1: i like it a little bit offsync so people have to replay for scores.
2: I'm gonna be playing with some new patterns so don't worry about the copy pasta if you were hege
3:32nds are impossible I think.

1: Sure, a little off-sync is 'nice' supposedly, but I don't know if other people are going to be so fine with that. And giving them "man up" answers probably won't cut it too. Besides, you can make them replay for scores through tricky patterns like jumps and all that.
2: Aight, bro.
3: <3

Hurhurhurhur Beatmap orz v
http://www.mediafire.com/?0gzzn3ewojy

Diokatsu

put me on the front using my CTB ranking.