osu! - rhythm is just a click away

Started by Starrodkirby86, May 03, 2009, 09:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 29, 2009, 09:31:51 pm
1: i like it a little bit offsync so people have to replay for scores.
2: I'm gonna be playing with some new patterns so don't worry about the copy pasta if you were hege
3:32nds are impossible I think.

Try slurring them on a trombone :P

Diokatsu

Ryex

I'm going to try to make a beat map for Pendulum's 'The Tempest'
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Diokatsu

Good luck :p

You'll need it. Don't be disappointed if it comes out really bad. I can help with basic BPM and syncing though. First make sure no one made a ranked version already though.

Ryex

already checked and so far the bpm I have set is looking good.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

I can do some modding pre-BAT look for being all nice~

Make sure you read the Beatmapping FAQ if you don't know squat about proper spacing and all.

And Diokatsu, I seen your updated version now. The slider patterns are just awesome; I loved that ending area overall.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

If i post the beat map file I'm working on can you hep me with the BPM? its oh so close but not quite there.

Diokatsu

Ryex

Diokatsu

October 04, 2009, 03:49:11 pm #69 Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:41:05 pm by Diokatsu
Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

so that's your suggestion Dio? looks good. *tests*  ... PERFECT! thanks Dio.

Diokatsu

Hahaha i also made a BG if you didn't see it, but make sure you test your map frequently to see how it goes.

Ryex

Ryex

well I finally got back to finish the beat map. it there any one willing to test it when the first difficulty is done?

Starrodkirby86

I don't mind. Give me a PM on Sunday. Or just Forum PM it to me.

Heck, you can upload it on Mediafire.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

WhiteRose

Don't mean to revive a dead thread, but I figured it's better than starting a new one.
I've played StepMania before and thought it was pretty neat, and this looks quite similar (in some ways,) so I figure I'll give it a shot. Two things:
1. I'll probably be playing on my laptop. Is it plausible to play well with a touchpad, or will I have to find a mouse?
2. Any tips for a beginner?

Starrodkirby86

Oh, don't worry about it being dead. :P I'm a Forum Moderator there myself, so feel free to keep this thing chugging along too. Haha.

Right now the website is down, so you may have to wait a bit. :x

osu! doesn't have the same difficulty in StepMania in terms of actual rhythm. The hard part is where you have to use hand-eye coordination to accurately move and whatnot.

1. I have a friend who plays semi-decently on touchpad. The best experiences are with a mouse or a tablet though. A USB mouse can suffice, if you want. The touchpad works, but you'll have to move your finger a lot (It might hurt).

2. This game is based off Elite Beat Agents and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, both iNiS games from the DS. If you know how to play those games, then you can do pretty well off here. Play songs you know well first. If you can't seem to move that fast, try increasing Mouse Sensitivity in the Options. This way the cursor speed will be multiplied by what you specified. If you can't play well with tapping, try using the Z/X Keys (Or whatever keys you mapped those for). Finally, since it's a rhythm game, most maps have a pattern you can muster through. (Like if the song has a straight quarter beat or something, blah blah).

Wall of text. :<

tSwitch

this makes me want to download Osu! to play taiko again.
and then I remember that I can't download song packs and have to do individual ones.

then I get annoyed and decide not to.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Diokatsu

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 09, 2010, 10:40:52 pm
osu! doesn't have the same difficulty in StepMania in terms of actual rhythm. The hard part is where you have to use hand-eye coordination to accurately move and whatnot.

Beginner charts aren't even accurate lmao.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on February 09, 2010, 11:41:08 pm
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 09, 2010, 10:40:52 pm

Beginner charts aren't even accurate lmao.
Oh, I was talking about how StepMania can go into the levels of 16ths and 32nds with ease, while osu! would make life too difficult. XD

Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 09, 2010, 11:28:18 pm
this makes me want to download Osu! to play taiko again.
and then I remember that I can't download song packs and have to do individual ones.

then I get annoyed and decide not to.
Someone wanted to torrent the Song Packs...I wonder whatever happened to it. o.o In the meantime, they're all just lodged in Mediafires somewhere. ;x Limited Bandwidth? D: