Put in your own font.

Started by rgangsta, May 03, 2009, 09:34:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rgangsta

Hey guys! I was just wondering how to put my own font into the game. I wanted to put a comic type font in my game but I don't know how.  :(

Aqua

Mightylink

Since where on the topic I was wondering something too, if there was a way to pack fonts with the game cause when I use some on 1 computer they dont show up on another, so is there a way to have a font thats used in the game folder instead of windows folder?

Starrodkirby86

You can let the game install the font for you...TLoL does this if I recall...

I can't think of any script off the top of my head that packages and installs the font for you, so forgive me on that. I'm sure someone does know it.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

rgangsta

Yea. I don't want the player to have to download the same font. I want the font to just be in there.

Mightylink

Probably best to use a 3rd party installer then <_<

I wont worry about it till the end of my game which is years away :P

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: rgangsta on May 03, 2009, 09:47:30 pm
Yea. I don't want the player to have to download the same font. I want the font to just be in there.
Download the same font? Like...if your game uses the font...uh 'Verdana' (Don't mind the fact we all have it) then the player would still have to download it?

No, I don't think that's how that script went. It was like, 'check if the font is there' and if it isn't, it installs. o_o

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

rgangsta

But where does the font have to be so the script can download it if the player doesn't have it? I just tested and it works by the way.

Aqua

You can put in other files into the game folder you know... o.o

rgangsta

I know. I'll just do that.  :haha:

Reno-s--Joker

May 04, 2009, 02:29:39 am #10 Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:31:36 am by Psychic Reno-s--Joker
Wachunga has an Auto Font Install Script. All you have to do is put the font files in a Folder called 'Fonts' or somethign when you package the game.

I'll go get it for you.
EDIT: Here is a link.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2622
I suggest if you're using any kind of possibly unique fonts, just whack them all with with game in the folder. Font files are usually tiny. :)

Hope it helps.

Mightylink

rgangsta

Nvm. I'm gonna use an installer for my game that way the font automatically goes into the system folder. Thanks for your help.  :haha:

Mightylink

This works, I actually started using it, a bit complicated to set up but it works. Like when it asks to config the font name you dont use the font name you use the name where is says font type in the font file.

G_G

May 08, 2009, 10:46:30 pm #15 Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:49:03 pm by Youngster Gi Gi
What I like about this when I find a bunch of fonts I like I put them all in my project called Fonts and have it install them all for me.

but I modified it a bit so you dont need to type the files in the script.