A post regarding recent drama on the forum

Started by GAX, May 06, 2009, 01:40:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Okay people, we've had a bit of drama in the past 48 hours stemming from a fight between RoseSkye and WcW.

After looking over both sides, I actually have found both sides to be at fault, but the current punishments will stand, and a further one may be carried out upon one of the offenders in order to make this fair.

First I'd like to bring to your attention the moderator policy regarding duplicate accounts.  While dupes aren't explicitly discouraged, using them to bypass a ban is a heavy offense that will have your ban kicked to a much harsher punishment, depending on which moderator catches this act and their own personal order of operations, and some may just give you a permanent ban pending discussion with the other mods.

Mine for example:
24 hour no-post ban
24 hour full ban
48 hour full ban
7 day full ban
30 or 60 day full ban (depending on severity of rules broken)
Full Ban pending discussion with moderation and admin team

That's my personal scale, and I actually find it to be quite merciful really, as I usually just repeat the 24 hour no-post ban for people.

Next I'd like to note that I myself am not responsible for the current bans.  The last ban I enacted was quite a while ago, as I felt myself too stressed to be entrusted with such a duty (believe me, a LOT of Perma-bans would have happened).

Now, here's where I'm going with this.  I am personally not a big fan of drama on the internet, in fact it is something that has SEVERELY fucked me up in the past and now is something I prefer to avoid.

If you're going to start a debate in this forum, please remember to make your openning statement as descriptive as you feel fit, do NOT use vague openers that can cause problems, I will PERSONALLY lock these topics or delete them if I see this kind of bullshit happening again.

Next up, for the love of god, do NOT take shit up the ass about what someone says here.  Rule of thumb, if a post sounds defamatory, please report it to a moderator IMMEDIATELY so it can be taken care of, do NOT take the law into your own hands OR explode upon another member or group of members.  If you have a personal problem with a member, take it up with them, but do NOT get the community involved in personal disputes.

Some of these things are common sense people, there's a reason why we have 5 active moderators, three of them being Global Moderator who can easily remedy your problems, and most of us have made our contact information public to the forums (I actually prefer that if there is something going on to contact me via AIM IMMEDIATELY, even if I'm not online, I respond almost immediately once I do log in).

I welcome other moderators to add their own voices to this topic and for the community to give their own responses, but please take this as it is meant, this is a SERIOUS warning to those who wish to engage in a fight that involves the community:  YOU WILL BE PUNISHED!

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Punn

I sure missed alot... what happen?
(Knowing you guys, ya delete the good stuff..)

Diokatsu

I will still be as critical of eberyone and everything said and done on this forum as I've always been. That is to say, I will not stop being a douchebag when the situation calls for it. Although, I'll be much less of a baiter, as I tend to be.

Valcos

Aw, Dio no one can get mad at you. :-*

And what ban did Rose get?
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

fugibo

Wait, what? Was I punished or something 0_0?

I hate it when I don't notice stuff :(

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Biker WcW on May 09, 2009, 08:29:41 pm
Wait, what? Was I punished or something 0_0?

I hate it when I don't notice stuff :(
Heck no.

While you were involved in the debates and all, I wouldn't say you are to get any punishments. It may sound like you're not getting the short end of the stick, but you didn't resort into the truly negative all areas and whatnot (I guess).

So you're cool. Yeah. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

good. cuz I also thought WcW had gotten off Scot-free.

GAX

I had plans to give WcW a 72 hour time-out where all he could do was read...then I got distracted and now I'm like...meh

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

And it was all a setup anyway. IDK why WcW participated in it, but it wasn't his idea so there is no reason to punish him IMO.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

fugibo

Lol, my internet went out for a couple days immediately after that anyways, so yeah. :P

Blizzard

@Ulta: Yes. I have a few PMs from Rose. And there's also the last post with his dupe Lea.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Lea is a cute name in my opinion. though truth be it, it was LAme of Rose to make that account. but phehz.

fugibo

...lol, I honestly thought Lea was real. I don't see the point of that at all, though. That wasn't really funny, spiteful, accomplishing... but w/e. LAzERvIZIOn.

Vell

I dont' thinki'm actually a source for Drama here on CP much.

Tazero

Bullcrap... People should stop being complete asses not mentioning names (so i don't cause anything)

If you were a fish...

GAX

Quote from: Bug Catcher MetaKnight on May 11, 2009, 09:08:17 pm
Bullcrap... People should stop being complete asses not mentioning names (so i don't cause anything)

WHO LET YOU OUT OF YOUR CAGE?!

*Has shocky stick*

Blizzard

And the bug catcher will be caught. Oh, the irony.

Valcos

Lol... theres always something ironic going on with this bug catcher :huh:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya