[XP] Ryex's Weapons Unleash Skills

Started by Ryex, May 11, 2009, 12:08:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

This Side Backwards

November 08, 2009, 09:27:57 pm #40 Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:27:48 am by Sourseb
Thanks for fixing it! Really useful script!
*levels up!*

This Side Backwards

BABS version doesn't work with 2.7... Not glitching up, but not unleashing anything either.

Holyrapid

Hey, uh a small question. I´m using in my game, both the regular battle system, and BABS, and i was wondering would it be possible for me to use this in my game aswell? Do i need to use both version, confirgure them both the same, etc...?

Ryex

you would need both scripts but you only need to configure the one that is closer to the bottom of the script editer.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Holyrapid

Lanzer

hi, sorry for necroposting
but i was thinking if you can make it compatible with armors
kindda ( when "x" armor is equiped you have a "x" chance to do "asd" when struck in combat, cast a spell or use a physical skill, etc)

Ryex

that is a completely different system in terms of how it would be implemented, if you really want something like it make a request
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Shining Riku

Sorry for necroposting...

I love this script, but the BABS version has a few odd things it does that aren't good.

So far I've noticed that it causes the user of any unleashing weapon, let's say Actor 1, to stop consuming MP when using skills. If Actor 1 doesn't use any unleashing weapons he's fine, but once he uses one he stops using MP for his skills. Also if the skill is magic, if he has a state inflicted on him that should prevent him from using magic he can use it anyways. I can remove the weapon and this will not change. Other actors are fine unless if they start using the weapons as well and then they're in the same condition.

Do you know what might cause this? I don't know if these are just freak bugs i'm getting because of all the scripts I have, but I can't figure out why these issues would appear either. Any insight you can offer me will help tremendously.

Ryex

sorry, I was a indroit and forgot to turn the unleash state off. thus after a unleash skill was used all skills were considered unleashes. fixed now.

all your problems are now fixed. sorry again.

Shining Riku

Hey, don't be hard on yourself. It's a great script, and i'm glad you were able to fix the problem so easily!

Thank you so much! ^_^

mafioso

Is this compatible with Cogwheel's RTAB?
Coz i get an error whenever i paste this script in the game I'm making

Ryex

no it isn't. and I don't have time to make a version that would. sorry.

karldaylo

Hello Sir,

This Script is really a useful plugin for my game

there's only one problem im havin within this...

i use BLIZZ-ABS version 2.84

and eveytime the character unleashed the skill (it worked perfectly at the moment where to unleash the skill)
but after it is about to unleasshed.. this error pop outs:
*script 'Blizz-ABS Script Part 3' Line 7225: ArgumentError occured.
wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)*

i looked out the problem but i have no idea what could be the bug (im still a newbie programmer)

i didnt configure the script yet (i uses the BABS version of your script) im about to test it but then... that error shows up

heres the part of the bliss abs script
if targets != false
      # set the target
      $game_player.ai.target = targets[0]
      # use skill or item
      case $game_temp.select_data[0]
      when RPG::Skill then $game_player.use_skill($game_temp.select_data[0], true)
      when RPG::Item then $game_player.use_item($game_temp.select_data[0], true)
      end
    end

the
Quotewhen RPG::Skill then $game_player.use_skill($game_temp.select_data[0], true)
part is the line 7225th

i tried configuring the class(of my main character) to fire type.. as well the weapon current;y equiped

respond will be trully appriciated...

thanks
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

I think the use_skill and use_item methods were changed. It sounds like there are too many arguments being called.

karldaylo

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 20, 2011, 01:08:41 am
First thing, are your scripts in the right order?

yes indeed

at first i tried putting it below blizz abs, next the whole other script and exactly above main's, and lastly i tried it before blizz abs (and different error occured)

additional information bout my script i inputed:
1 universal mesage system by ccoa
2 MOG_Location_Name V2.3
3 MOG - I Hud 1.0  
4 Blizz-ABS by Blizzard and winkio v2.84 (3 parts coordinately)
5 Ryex's Weapons Unleash Skills BABS version
6 Game Data Reloader by Blizzard
7 Blizz ABS Damage Sprite
8 Mouse Controller by Blizzard
9 ritical for Blizz-ABS by Blizzard
10 EXP in HUD for Blizz-ABS by Blizzard
11 Save File System by shdwlnk1993

the exact order of script as mentioned above...

karldaylo

Quote from: game_guy on April 20, 2011, 01:13:46 am
I think the use_skill and use_item methods were changed. It sounds like there are too many arguments being called.

i dont follow... what should i do for it to work?
thank you sir for responding :D

G_G

These lines here

Not sure if this will work or not so don't count on it, but replace them with this
when RPG::Skill then $game_player.use_skill($game_temp.select_data[0])
      when RPG::Item then $game_player.use_item($game_temp.select_data[0])

karldaylo

Quote from: game_guy on April 20, 2011, 01:26:48 am
These lines here

Not sure if this will work or not so don't count on it, but replace them with this
when RPG::Skill then $game_player.use_skill($game_temp.select_data[0])
      when RPG::Item then $game_player.use_item($game_temp.select_data[0])

THE SCRIPT PERFECTLY WORKED WELL (asside from me forgetting make a sprite of _skl1 for using the skill XD)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH... i really do appreciate this help...

althou theres one thing bugging me.... are any compatibility issue will held in future bcoz the abs script were modded (or simply deleting two arguments "true") :)..

thanks anyways... il report whatever error may poped out regarding this script.. thanks

G_G

Well if there are any more issues, we'll try and help. :)