Template Request (BABS blank)

Started by amaro57, May 12, 2009, 05:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

amaro57

Hiya, it's me amaro57 from...well some people here I think know me. Anyways, I've checked out the templates in the resource thread for the blizz ABS but when I download the rar for the characters, all I get is some regular character templates and some cut off templates of the sword and whip. Does anyone have a BLANK guided (gridded whatever) template for ABS (atk, wpn, skl...etc)?

Thanks.

Blizzard

May 12, 2009, 06:31:58 am #1 Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:35:36 am by Blizzard
Quote from: The Holy Manual2.7.1. Actor Action Sprites
Changes the spritesets of actors when they are attacking, defending, using a skill or using an item and plays a sprite animation. This feature requires the appropriate spritesets! It is necessary to name the spritesets appropriately.

example:
normal spriteset - arshesKnight.png
defending spriteset - arshesKnight_def.png
skill spriteset - arshesKnight_skl.png
item spriteset - arshesKnight_itm.png
example:
normal spriteset - jason.png
defending spriteset - jason_def.png
skill spriteset - jason_skl.png
item spriteset - jason_itm.png

The suffices_def, _skl and _itm need to be added on defending, skill spritesets and item spritesets respectively like in the examples. Attack sprites need to be named slightly different. Since it is possible to create different weapon types, it is necessary to use a special sprite for each weapon type. The suffix _atk needs to be added together with the weapon type number.

example:
normal spriteset - lord marius.png
attack spriteset for swords - lord marius_atk1.png
attack spriteset for flails - lord marius_atk3.png

Additionally you have to specify weapon sprites for the types. The sprites have the same name as the attack sprites with _wpn added behind. This is necessary because weapon sprites can be displayed under the enemy and need to be separated from the actual action sprite.

example:
normal spriteset - lord marius.png
weapon spriteset for spears - lord marius_wpn2.png
weapon spriteset for shuriken - lord marius_wpn7.png

Each attack type requires one weapon sprite which may be a 1x1 pixel sprite if necessary. Keep in mind that all spriteset files must have the same dimensions or else the system will cause a glitch with animations being displayed on the sprites. Usually the weapon is alone on the weapon sprite without the character, but you can alternatively use an empty sprite (with the same dimensions as the original sprite) for the action sprite and put both the character and the weapon on the weapon sprite. Weapon sprites are not displayed like characters sprites, they are centered around the character sprite. This feature can increase the quality of the game, but it requires a lot more effort because of the creation of extra spritesets for the characters. If the spritesets are not named correctly, the system will not work! Read Blizz-ABS Weapon Types for more information about weapon types.

Quote from: The Holy Manual2.7.2. Actor Weapon Sprites
Enables a special sprite for each weapon separately. Usually the weapon is alone on the weapon sprite without the character, but you can alternatively use an empty sprite (with the same dimensions as the original sprite) for the action sprite and put both the character and the weapon on the weapon sprite. Weapon sprites are not displayed like characters sprites, they are centered around the character sprite. The weapon spritesets need to be named exactly the same as the actor's normal sprite with the weapon's icon file name added. If more weapons use the same icon, they will have the same spriteset as well.

example:
normal spriteset - zeriab.png
attack spriteset for spears - zeriab_atk2.png
attack spriteset for flails - zeriab_atk3.png
Thunderspear's icon file name - Tspear.png
weapon sprite add-on of Thunderspear - zeriab_Tspear.png
Thorn Whip's icon file name - thorn whip.png
weapon sprite add-on of Thorn Whip - zeriab_thorn whip.png

Since a separate weapon sprite is used for each actor that uses the weapon, it is possible to let two different actors handle the same weapon differently, i.e. a strong knight would swing a huge sword differently than a little girl would. This feature can increase the quality of the game, but it requires a lot more effort because of the creation of extra spritesets for the characters. If the spritesets are not named correctly, the system will not work! Read Blizz-ABS Weapon Types for more information about weapon types.

Quote from: The Holy Manual2.7.3. Actor Skill Sprites
Enables special sprites for each skill for actors. This spriteset will be temporarily used instead of the actor. The skill sprites need to be named exactly the same as the normal skill spritesets with the ID number of the skill.

example:
normal spriteset - zeriab.png
for skill with ID 6 - zeriab_skl6.png
for skill with ID 15 - zeriab_skl15.png

Keep in mind that all spriteset files must have the same dimensions as the normal spriteset files or else the system will cause a glitch with animations being displayed on the sprites. This feature can increase the quality of the game, but it requires a lot more effort because of the creation of extra spritesets for the characters. If the spritesets are not named correctly, the system will not work!

Quote from: The Holy Manual2.7.4. Actor Item Sprites
Enables special sprites for each item for actors. This spriteset will be temporarily used instead of the actor. The skill sprites need to be named exactly the same as the normal skill spritesets with the ID number of the item.

example:
normal spriteset - gregory A.png
for item with ID 6 - gregory A_itm6.png
for item with ID 15 - gregory A_itm15.png

Keep in mind that all spriteset files must have the same dimensions as the normal spriteset files or else the system will cause a glitch with animations being displayed on the sprites. This feature can increase the quality of the game, but it requires a lot more effort because of the creation of extra spritesets for the characters. If the spritesets are not named correctly, the system will not work!

Not once, not twice, not even three times as I posted, it's mentioned 11 times in the manual.

Quote from: Chapters including the sentence2.7.1

And the only sprites that work differently have it explained (marked in blue in chapter 2.7.2.).
But maybe I should explain this horribly mysterious sentence.

QuoteKeep in mind that all spriteset files must have the same dimensions as the normal spriteset files or else the system will cause a glitch with animations being displayed on the sprites.

Or maybe I shouldn't as it seems to be kind of self-explanatory. Or maybe I should: You just use a normal sprite template and it will work. Amazing, isn't it?

Please read the manual before posting. I'm really out of patience for people who ask questions that are answered in the manual. You don't even have to read it entirely. Those chapters here are related to action sprites. You wonder what the dimensions are? Read the part about action sprites. You wonder how to make an enemy? Read the part regarding creating enemies. You wonder how to turn off the HUD? Read the configuration part about the HUD. It's so simple and logical that it hurts. And if you can't find something, there's a search function in the manual. And if even then your question hasn't been answered, read the FAQ. And if you after that still have no idea, then post. And mention that you tried finding it in the manual, that you tried using the Search function and that you read the FAQ. Then I will be nice to you.

So please read the manual in future before posting. I really don't have the patience anymore to be nice when getting asked how to create an enemy.

Thank you.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

amaro57

Thanks, that's clear now. I actually read it, but wasn't sure if that also included some things since I got confused from the graphics from the example game. Sorry for the trouble Blizz.

Blizzard

Ok, next time just mention that you read it and everything will be fine.

Keep in mind that CoSLAL is quite outdated so the normal graphics from there don't work with the newest Blizz-ABS version. As you said, you donwloaded the character sprites that were changed. But you need to tinker a little bit with them if you want to make them work with CoSLAL. But basically the new sprites work normally with Blizz-ABS.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.