How you know when your country sucks

Started by fugibo, May 17, 2009, 08:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

October 11, 2009, 02:14:23 pm #100 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 02:58:00 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: winkio on October 11, 2009, 02:06:16 pm
Rose, I'm not saying that it's all bunnies and rainbows in the US.  I'm saying that we can all live together and make it work in general.  Sure, there are hate crimes, but it's child's play compared to what goes on elsewhere:

The Basque terrorists in Spain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ETA_attacks

I'm not saying what happens in the US is okay, but compared to Europe, we are doing a lot better.  The only prominent organized hate group is the KKK, which is declining, and there are good relations between different races, sexualities, etc. in many parts of the US.  We have laws against hate crimes, while some European countries don't.  We never have mass genocides.  

All I'm saying is that the US is nowhere near perfectly unified, but they are much better than Europe.

Oooh I like this Game!

Sept. 16, New York City: TNT bomb planted in unattended horse-drawn wagon exploded on Wall Street opposite House of Morgan, killing 35 people and injuring hundreds more. Bolshevist or anarchist terrorists believed responsible, but crime never solved.

Jan. 24, New York City: bomb set off in historic Fraunces Tavern killed 4 and injured more than 50 people. Puerto Rican nationalist group (FALN) claimed responsibility, and police tied 13 other bombings to the group.

Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.

April 19, Oklahoma City: car bomb exploded outside federal office building, collapsing wall and floors. 168 people were killed, including 19 children and 1 person who died in rescue effort. Over 220 buildings sustained damage. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols later convicted in the antigovernment plot to avenge the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, Tex., exactly 2 years earlier. (See Miscellaneous Disasters.)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html

Terrorist organizations
Animal Liberation Front
Main article: Animal Liberation Front

Animal Liberation Front (ALF) is a name used internationally by activists who engage in direct action tactics on behalf of animals. This includes removing animals from laboratories and fur farms, and sabotaging facilities involved in animal testing and other animal-based industries. According to ALF statements, any act that furthers the cause of animal liberation, where all reasonable precautions are taken not to endanger life, may be claimed as an ALF action. The group is listed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a domestic terrorist organization.

Army of God (USA)

The Army of God (AOG) is a loose network of individuals and groups connected by ideological affinity and the determination to use force to end abortion in the United States. Acts of anti-abortion violence increased in the mid-1990s culminating in a series of bombings by Eric Robert Rudolph, whose targets included two abortion clinics, a gay and lesbian night club, and the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. Letters sent to newspapers claim responsibility for the bombing of the abortion clinics in the name of the Army of God.

Black Liberation Army

A splinter group made up of the more radical members of the Black Panther Party, the Black Liberation Army (BLA) sought to overthrow the US government in the name of racial separatism and Marxist ideals. The Fraternal Order of Police blames the BLA for the murders of 13 police officers. According to a Justice Department report on BLA activity, the group was suspected of involvement in over 60 incidents of violence between 1970 and 1980.

Jewish Defense League

The Jewish Defense League (JDL) was founded in 1969 by Rabbi Meir Kahane in New York City, with its declared purpose the protection of Jews from harassment and antisemitism. FBI statistics show that, from 1980 to 1985, 15 terrorist attacks were attempted in the U.S. by JDL members. The FBI's Mary Doran described the JDL in 2004 Congressional testimony as "a proscribed terrorist group". The National Consortium for the Study of Terror and Responses to Terrorism states that, during the JDL's first two decades of activity, it was an "active terrorist organization." Kahane later founded the far right Israeli political party Kach. The JDL's website currently condemns all forms of terrorism.

Ku Klux Klan

From Reconstruction at the end of the civil war to the end of the civil rights movement, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) used threats, violence, arson, and murder to further its white-supremacist, anti-Communist, anti-semitic and anti-Catholic agenda. Domestic terrorists with agendas similar to the KKK include neo-Nazis and white power skinheads.

Symbionese Liberation Army

The Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) was an American self-styled, far left "urban guerrilla warfare group" that considered itself a revolutionary vanguard army. The group committed bank robberies, two murders, and other acts of violence between 1973 and 1975. Among their most notorious acts was the kidnapping and brainwashing of newspaper heiress Patty Hearst.

Weathermen

The Weather Underground Organization was a far left organization active from 1969 to 1975. It originated in 1969 as a faction of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) composed for the most part of the national office leadership of SDS and their supporters. The group collapsed shortly after the U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam in 1975.
Notable attacks associated with domestic terrorism

Bombing of Los Angeles Times building

The bombing of the Los Angeles Times on October 1, 1910, which killed 21 people. The brains of this crime were the McNamara brothers (James and John McNamara), two Irish-American brothers who wanted to unionize the paper. The McNamaras became a cause celebre amongst the labor movement in the United States, though their support eroded when they admitted their guilt.

Wall Street bombing

The Wall Street bombing was a terrorist incident that occurred on September 16, 1920, in the Financial District of New York City. A horse-drawn wagon filled with 100 pounds (45 kg) of dynamite was stationed across the street from the headquarters of the J.P. Morgan Inc. bank. The explosion killed 38 and injured 400. Even though no one was found guilty, it is believed that the act was carried out by followers of Luigi Galleani.

Unabomber attacks

From 1978 to 1995, neo-luddite radical and former mathematics professor Theodore "Ted" Kaczynski - known by the codename "UNABOM" until his identification and arrest by the FBI - carried out a campaign of sending letterbombs to academics and various individuals particularly associated with modern technology. In 1996, his manifesto was published in The New York Times and the Washington Post, under the threat of more attacks. The bomb campaign ended with his capture.

Oklahoma City bombing

This truck bomb attack by right-wing extremists Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols killed 168 people - the deadliest domestic-based terrorist attack in US history and, before the September 11, 2001 attacks, the deadliest act of terrorism in US history. It inspired improvements to United States federal building security.

Centennial Olympic Park bombing

The Centennial Olympic Park bombing was a terrorist bombing on July 27, 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States during the 1996 Summer Olympics, the first of four committed by Eric Robert Rudolph, former explosives expert for the United States Army. Two people died, and 111 were injured.

2001 anthrax attacks

The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on September 18, 2001. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others. In mid-2008, the FBI narrowed its focus to Bruce Edwards Ivins, a scientist who worked at the government's biodefense labs at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland. Ivins was told of the impending prosecution and on July 27 committed suicide, by an overdose of acetaminophen.

Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting

An elderly man with believed ties to neo-Nazi groups opened fire on June 10th, 2009 at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, killing one guard. James W. Von Brunn, 88, who hails from Maryland, reportedly entered the museum shortly before 1 p.m. EDT, took out what appeared to be a rifle and fired at a security guard. Two other security guards returned fire, striking the shooter, according to reports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

.. also that's of course is just -organized- terrorism.

If I pull out the assassinations and crimes done by things like gangs, mafia, and etc. We'll see that whole concept of "unity" collapse.

You know things like...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassinated_people#United_States

I mean no, we do have tons of diversity in the good old U.S. of A. but that also includes diversity amongst criminals. It's not just a racial thing in the U.S., in the United States we're assholes. We're a group of assholes put together with other assholes and told to sit and stay quite. Of course there are dicks in the mix, and occasionally a dick will pop up and make everyone feel uncomfortable. The assholes will stir up shit and of course pussies like you will go "No, no.. everything is fine. Diversity and Unity Guys". Everything isn't okay. We're fucking America. If we aren't at war with someone we're at war with ourselves.. we're always at war with ourselves. Right now somewhere in America some poor motherfucker is getting his ass kicked, another motherfucker is being killed.. we're so desensitized to the "unity" that we say "Nah, everything is fine"

It would be fine, if, we didn't go acting like we're better than other places because "Damnit, we're America". That is arrogance, and damnit we shouldn't go around being douchebags. I hate this crap. Someone from America bad mouths some other country, and someone from another country bad mouths America.. and HOW AM I GOING TO REALIZE MY DREAM OF HAVING SEX WITH ONE GIRL FROM EVERY COUNTRY IF WE ALL HATE EACH OTHER?! GET IT TOGETHER! MY SEX FANTASY IS BEING CRUSHED BECAUSE OF YOU (andthefactthatimanantisocialjerk..mostlythat...). v.v If you don't like each other, I won't get laid.. well I will, but.. I just noticed how pointless talking about "unity" in a CP forum is.. haha..AHAHAHA.. =/ what a waste of time.

winkio

right, and the fundamental attitude in the US is totally different than in Europe.  In Europe, every single nationality wants there own country and their own government.  In the US, completely different ethnic communities merge.  Stop trying to warp what I'm saying.

Blizzard

October 11, 2009, 05:53:46 pm #102 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:56:14 pm by Blizzard
But by definition that isn't unity. That's just not wanting to be independent because you belong to a specific ethnic group. Also, may I remind you that the U.S. does consist out of over 50 actual states. Sure, there is a common government for all together, but every state has its own laws and government. The E.U. isn't really far from that. It's mainly missing one common government and some other details to be quite similar to the U.S..
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on October 11, 2009, 05:50:17 pm
right, and the fundamental attitude in the US is totally different than in Europe.  In Europe, every single nationality wants there own country and their own government.  In the US, completely different ethnic communities merge.  Stop trying to warp what I'm saying.

Where have you been the last year?
What do you think the tea parties were for?

It really annoys me when people from Europe does that to America, and it annoys me when people from America bad mouths Europe. Cut it out, you don't live there. It is totally douchey of your to say stuff about Europe even though you don't live there. Man, I'm such a bleeding heart liberal..

winkio

I'm saying Europe is organized differently than America.  And based on the progressive view of society defined by America, that makes our organization better.  You are always looking for a conflict, but never listen to what anyone has to say.

RoseSkye

October 11, 2009, 07:46:46 pm #105 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:51:52 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: Longfellow on October 10, 2009, 08:36:44 am
Quote from: Blizzard on October 10, 2009, 07:02:18 am
Sadly I have to agree with all that you sad. Some of it isn't only valid for America like the stupid self-proclaimed nationalists (read: almost fascists) in my country. Geez, it's so annoying to watch these people be so proud of nothing.

I'm sorry, but 99% of European countries have nothing to be proud of.

the US has its problems, no denying that, but we lead in so many areas of the professional world that it's not even funny.  And that is something to be proud of.

Also, something North America has that Europe doesn't: diversity and unity together.

You're not allowed to change your statement. You joined LF's side and I'll treat you (in this thread) as I would LF. As someone that says douchey stuff all the time (of course, you're still cool outside this thread). Just I have to take a stand with my opinion as you yours. As long as our opinions differ there will be heads locked.

winkio

October 11, 2009, 08:15:51 pm #106 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:17:10 pm by winkio
No, LF said that 99% of European countries had nothing to be proud of.  I disagree with that.
Blizz retorted that 100% of American countries had nothing to be proud of.  That was what I disagreed with and why I said what I said.

I still stand by what I said, but I am talking about a static diversity and unity, while you are focused on the dynamic happenings that are related to diversity and unity.

RoseSkye

October 11, 2009, 08:22:06 pm #107 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:34:02 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: winkio on October 11, 2009, 08:15:51 pm
No, LF said that 99% of European countries had nothing to be proud of.  I disagree with that.
Blizz retorted that 100% of American countries had nothing to be proud of.  That was what I disagreed with and why I said what I said.

I still stand by what I said, but I am talking about a static diversity and unity, while you are focused on the dynamic happenings that are related to diversity and unity.

You don't understand how much I dislike WcW though. I see what you're saying but, I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of agreeing with him even slightly.. and you came to his defense by saying that to Blizzard.

*Mumble* Yes America is more diverse than  Europe. I always agreed with you when it came to that. However, it was always the unity part that annoyed me. *mumble* However, Papua New Guinea is one of the most heterogeneous nations in the world. It has 820 languages and it beats out every other country by far. . 820.. so... there! Also, I can be a dick and mention that Caucasians are Europeans. The majority of this country = Caucasians. ???? Profit!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on October 11, 2009, 08:15:51 pm
Blizz retorted that 100% of American countries had nothing to be proud of.

That was just a blunt comment to piss LF off and pull his douchery down back to earth. I wasn't serious about this. You don't have to defend the U.S. in front of me. It's true that I don't have the best opinion of the U.S., but I know that there are good things about the U.S., too. Seriously, when he said that I was like "And you don't even have that 1% since you're such a douche."

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Actually winkio has been saying things I haven't expected winkio to say.

*The only prominent organized hate group is the KKK
*We never have mass genocides. (Indians..?)

fugibo

October 12, 2009, 09:40:46 am #110 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:04:20 am by Longfellow
In my experience, only *some* blacks want to be treated equally - the rest want to sit and whine over how they aren't. I'm fine with those first blacks, because they actually function as normal people. The rest need to burn in hell with the idiots living of unemployment (i.e. my uncle, who gets $1000+/month because he's "insane," which he actually isn't).

And as for my treatment of blacks, a lot of people consider me racist because a) I admit that blacks are different, if only for the fact that they have substantially different heritage and culture from caucasians, and b) I also admit that most blacks in Mississippi are idiots, mainly because of the fact that the Southern culture has forced them to stay in poverty and crap like that for ages and held them back. It's not because they're black, but because of what families they were born in to.

EDIT:
(on topic)
When your major news organizations STILL refer to the LHC as the "Black Hole Collider."

Magus

Quote from: winkio on October 10, 2009, 12:25:23 pm
Thank goodness for rising college attendance rates, and the US college system being the most badass thing ever.  Yeah, there's still a lot of idiots that go to college and graduate, but there's a lot more people who are intelligent and can contribute to society.

You can't graduate from a good college if you're stupid. So I agree with you Winkio.

As for the people who are insulting america. Yes there are alot of errors there, but not everyone in that country is stupid. If you think that, YOU'RE STUPID BECAUSE I'M NOT STUPID. I'm a straight-"A" student who's in college right now XD and on top of that, I write novels.

I wouldn't mind visiting Europe one day. I think the world needs to stop being so "stupid" and just ban together and live peacefully. It's because of comments like these, so many countries hate each other. If you're religious, do you think God would approve of this hate? NO!
If you're not: would you want to live in a world where everyone hate each other, kill each other and all of that bullshit that shouldn't even exist. I hope not.
Honestly, I'm not going to target the presidents or any leader of the countries. The people spend their credit in bad ways, unable to pay it off, and this effects everyone! Presidents can't do much about it unless they want to calls Inflation or something of the sort.

It would be cool if the would only spoke one language, instead of 352759275923749572458728 different kinds. Then everyone would maybe understand each other and work out a solution to "stupid" problems. XD
I'm not understanding why the Republicans stood by Pres. Bush and then turn around and want to throw in an old guy whose a friend of Bush and would destroy the country even further. Even if he wouldn't, not even he nor Obama nor (George Washington) could clean up the damage Bush created.

Then again, the presidents shouldn't me the ones to take the blame. The "war" is so stupid, someone should've slapped Bush for spending so much money on it. And now Obama is forced to take on the pressure. If he removes the soldiers, that could possibly put America in danger, according to the world media.
If he doesn't: people or reps or whoever are going to find a way to make the guy look bad. Honestly. If you were put in that chair, you wouldn't know what to do for the following reason:

1. ONE slight mistake and everyone ill dislike you.

Politics suck, but they can't be avoided. I honestly think people should shut up and stay patient.

Anyway, that's my support backing up the defense for America and other parts of the world.

QuoteIn my experience, only *some* blacks want to be treated equally - the rest want to sit and whine over how they aren't. I'm fine with those first blacks, because they actually function as normal people. The rest need to burn in hell with the idiots living of unemployment (i.e. my uncle, who gets $1000+/month because he's "insane," which he actually isn't).

And as for my treatment of blacks, a lot of people consider me racist because a) I admit that blacks are different, if only for the fact that they have substantially different heritage and culture from caucasians, and b) I also admit that most blacks in Mississippi are idiots, mainly because of the fact that the Southern culture has forced them to stay in poverty and crap like that for ages and held them back. It's not because they're black, but because of what families they were born in to.

This sounds like one of the most racist statements I've ever heard. I've never been to mississipi, which is in fact one of the most racist states in America. Everyone is different. Its their culture. You sound racist because you are targetting one culture and looking at every downside. You've obviously never lived in a family like that, so maybe you don't know their side of the story. Money is pretty much the root of all evilness. Most familes don't have it. They can't feed themselves, they can't buy anything. That's when they resort to drastic measures to get it.
But only CERTAIN people do that, NOT ALL OF THEM. You're looking at the ones who doing that and then use that to target their entire community. Dude, that's not cool. African Americans, Mexican Americans, Caucasion-American, Chinese-American, Latin-Americans, etc etc. Their are too many to list.

My point is, If I were you, I wouldn't continue to target a different culture like that. People consider you racist because you stating something like that just shows your character. Even if that's not your character, there is no stopping to what could generate in other peoples' minds.

I'm not saying you're a racists or generating anything negative toward you(so no need to curse XD)
but dude, even if you don't like other cultures, don't spit at it if you don't know the other side of the story. In case you don't know, poverty can't be helped. NOBODY wants to live like that. America is living in a bad economy right now, and money to pay bills is a must. Sure, some methods are dishonest, but unless you want to live out on the streets as a homeless(if i ever was to get rich, I would help the needy) some people just do what they gotta do.

Quote*Mumble* Yes America is more diverse than  Europe. I always agreed with you when it came to that. However, it was always the unity part that annoyed me. *mumble* However, Papua New Guinea is one of the most heterogeneous nations in the world. It has 820 languages and it beats out every other country by far. . 820.. so... there! Also, I can be a dick and mention that Caucasians are Europeans. The majority of this country = Caucasians. ???? Profit!

You think you are saying something. THAT'S TOO MANY LANGUAGES, NOBODY WILL UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER. *Facepalms* You're sick XD
So there!

Anyway to everyone else:

I wish the world would stop the wars and just get the fuck along :) If we don't unite, there is no telling what can happen. Then again, its impossible for this world to unite D:

Sad isn't it?

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

winkio

@Rose:
Mention organized hate groups to the average American.  KKK will be the first, and perhaps the only one they come up with.

The Indians happened a while ago.  It does not define our society today, just like black slavery does not define our society today.  I could give you great detail on all the bad shit that still goes on with the Indians, like the uranium mining, the economic and social barriers we set up, and much more.  But Indians can and will continue to integrate and help be a part of the American society.

You're still not getting my point.  Bad shit happens in the US.  Really bad shit.  Bad shit also happens in Europe.  We have 50 states that can put aside their differences and work towards a common goal.  We have a society where people of all races (even Indians) can be found from the lowest to the highest level of society.  We have tons of different industries that are all regulated by the same government.  And citizens can easily travel from state to state without worrying about anything.  Diversity and unity is more than just races and hate crimes.  Learn it.

@Nawm: there are definitely stupid people that graduate from college.  Even from the top colleges in the world.  And the human race is never going to homogenize.  And that's a good thing.

Magus

October 12, 2009, 10:36:33 am #113 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:07:16 am by Nawm
Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 10:29:24 am
@Rose:
Mention organized hate groups to the average American.  KKK will be the first, and perhaps the only one they come up with.

The Indians happened a while ago.  It does not define our society today, just like black slavery does not define our society today.  I could give you great detail on all the bad shit that still goes on with the Indians, like the uranium mining, the economic and social barriers we set up, and much more.  But Indians can and will continue to integrate and help be a part of the American society.

You're still not getting my point.  Bad shit happens in the US.  Really bad shit.  Bad shit also happens in Europe.  We have 50 states that can put aside their differences and work towards a common goal.  We have a society where people of all races (even Indians) can be found from the lowest to the highest level of society.  We have tons of different industries that are all regulated by the same government.  And citizens can easily travel from state to state without worrying about anything.  Diversity and unity is more than just races and hate crimes.  Learn it.

@Nawm: there are definitely stupid people that graduate from college.  Even from the top colleges in the world.  And the human race is never going to homogenize.  And that's a good thing.

The colleges I'm targetting are the ones of Ivy-league such as Harvar.(correct me if I somehow mispell that)
Yes, maybe there are some, but at least I can say they are in few. Many "stupid" people decide not to go to college.
Anyway, I do agree that really bad things happen in the US. AND THEY CAN'T BE HELPED. Infact, bad shit happens everywhere. THERE IS NOT PREDICTION ON WHEN THEY WILL OCCUR. I.E. they can't be helped.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

fugibo

@Nawm: Writing doesn't make you smart, and neither does making straight As, or going to college. Look at Stephanie Meyers and the average overachieving college student, for instance.

Blizzard

October 12, 2009, 10:53:22 am #115 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:55:27 am by Blizzard
@Nawn: Utopia isn't real and it will never be because it requires a a society where you don't think for yourself. Another problem is the the vision of utopia differs from person to person.

@Rose:

But isn't that even worse? It would mean that most U.S. citizen are ignorant of all the hate groups in their country. :/

You're still not getting my point.  Bad shit happens in the US.  Really bad shit.  Bad shit also happens in Europe.  We have 50 states that can put aside their differences and work towards a common goal.  We have a society where people of all races (even Indians) can be found from the lowest to the highest level of society.  We have tons of different industries that are all regulated by the same government.  And citizens can easily travel from state to state without worrying about anything.

You do realize this is what the E.U. is to become like that quite soon? In fact you already can travel between E.U. countries without worrying about anything. The E.U. countries all have a common payment currency and there are many, many different people living in those countries. That diversity is even much higher than in the U.S. I would say. I don't know how many languages are spoken all over the U.S., in the E.U. some countries have even more than just one language (not counting dialects). Same goes for the industry. There is a lot of diversity between the industries in the various countries.
The longer this discussion is taking, the more I am starting to think that Europe's diversity can pretty much concurrent with the U.S.'s.

@Nawm: there are definitely stupid people that graduate from college.  Even from the top colleges in the world.  And the human race is never going to homogenize.  And that's a good thing.

So true.

Quote from: Nawm on October 12, 2009, 10:36:33 am
And the word homogenize sounds really gay, so Good thing the world isn't doing that XD

No offense, but saying something like that makes you sound really stupid.

Having straight A's doesn't make you smart (as LF already said). I know loads of people who have good grades, better grades than me. But when it comes to actually do something, they suck. Those people can't solve the simplest problems if they haven't "learned" about it yet. And that's supposed to be "smart"? Better give me the dunce cap right away so I don't have to bother and waste time with those "smart" people.

Magus

Quote from: Longfellow on October 12, 2009, 10:43:53 am
@Nawm: Writing doesn't make you smart, and neither does making straight As, or going to college. Look at Stephanie Meyers and the average overachieving college student, for instance.

I actually agree. Twilight, oh god, what a mistake. I've been flamed by an annoying Twlightfan before, TWICE!

QuoteHaving straight A's doesn't make you smart (as LF already said). I know loads of people who have good grades, better grades than me. But when it comes to actually do something, they suck. Those people can't solve the simplest problems if they haven't "learned" about it yet. And that's supposed to be "smart"? Better give me the dunce cap right away so I don't have to bother and waste time with those "smart" people.

Agree. But what really pisses me off is the ones that think they know it all. Like this one guy in my Science class. Even the Professor had to shut him up.

winkio

October 12, 2009, 11:02:58 am #117 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:06:01 am by winkio
The thing about the EU is that it's Europe's exclusive club.  It would be like if the 10 states with the smallest GDP were excluded from the US.  I think Europe is really pushing towards more unification, but they aren't going to follow through until it's economically favorable.  I mean, how long has Turkey been trying to get in?  Like, 50 years?

QuoteBut isn't that even worse? It would mean that most U.S. citizen are ignorant of all the hate groups in their country. :/

That's not how hate groups work.  They thrive on power and national or even international attention.  Those with the least recognition have the least power.

EDIT: I just realized a much better way to state my original point:  The unique geographical, economic, and political organization of the US is something to be proud of.

Magus

Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 11:02:58 am
The thing about the EU is that it's Europe's exclusive club.  It would be like if the 10 states with the smallest GDP were excluded from the US.  I think Europe is really pushing towards more unification, but they aren't going to follow through until it's economically favorable.  I mean, how long has Turkey been trying to get in?  Like, 50 years?

QuoteBut isn't that even worse? It would mean that most U.S. citizen are ignorant of all the hate groups in their country. :/

That's not how hate groups work.  They thrive on power and national or even international attention.  Those with the least recognition have the least power.

To tell you the truth, which everyone knows, the world will never be able to get rid of Hate groups. Out of every 100th person, (these stats may be wrong)
there will always be at least 1 person that hates something. He may start a group with other people who hates the same thing. Instantly, we once again have another hate group started.

Blizzard

But that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Then why isn't Canada a U.S. state? I don't remember Canada having a low GDP.
Don't preach to me, the U.S. doesn't take anybody who just asks either.
Turkey is more in Asia than in Europe, it's understandable that they won't be accepted for some time.

The unique geographical, economic, and political organization of the US is something to be proud of.

So I should guess that there is no other country in the entire world that doesn't have a unique geographical, economic and political organization? Actually if you take a look at the world, pretty much every country has a unique geographical, economic and political organization. I don't think there are 2 countries with identical geographical, economic and political organizations. (Lol, kinda fun to copy-paste geographical, economic and political organization over and over again.)

Quote from: Nawm on October 12, 2009, 10:59:47 am
Agree. But what really pisses me off is the ones that think they know it all.

Straight A's students, that's what I just said.