my new battle system (screen shots and feedback)

Started by Ryex, May 19, 2009, 11:02:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

If you decide to make the command window horizontal, it opens up a ton of new options.

You could place it under the Status Window like I had originally mentioned, or you could place it above the Help Window as earlier stated, but you could also cascade the help and command windows to equal the full 640px. You have a lot of options.
You could even place the Help Window above the Command Window, but I wouldn't care too much for that I don't think.

G_G

I think it would look best horizontal but agains the right side of the screen

Calintz

LMAO you guys are such rebels!!
Everything in this world is left justified for a reason, Lol.

So everything flows together. It's an eyesore to adjust to the new placement.

G_G

Make a module to allow options.....

Left, center, or right justify

horizontal, or veritcal

Calintz

That would be the best ...
That is what I did in my edit of Reno's script.

Valcos

The other windows in the system should look like the HP/SP bar window at the top. Just think it would flow better as a whole.  :^_^':

Otherwise, its looking good so far.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Ryex

Quote from: Valcos on May 31, 2009, 09:21:02 pm
The other windows in the system should look like the HP/SP bar window at the top. Just think it would flow better as a whole.  :^_^':

um... I don't know. I considered that in the beginning but it seemed like it just wouldn't look right with the status bar the way it is it add beauty to the system and yet doesn't clash with anything else if i made even one more window in to a black box i would have to do the same for all the windows and then i think it would clash with everything else... what do you think of that idea Calintz?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

To be honest I would have to see screenshots to make an actual decision.

fugibo

Quote from: game_guy on May 31, 2009, 08:30:23 pm

horizontal, or veritcal

Argh! Modules are only good for static options, that's a dynamic option!

Ryex

Quote from: WcW on June 01, 2009, 09:04:19 pm
Quote from: game_guy on May 31, 2009, 08:30:23 pm

horizontal, or veritcal

Argh! Modules are only good for static options, that's a dynamic option!

lol

so make constants outside the Module?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

add a game system thing than

class Game_System
  attr_accessor :alignment
  attr_accessor :commandwindow
  alias battle_system_config initialize
  def initialize
    battle_system_config
    @alignment = 0, 1, or 2 # 0 = center, 1 = left, 2 = right
    @commandwindow = 0 or 1 # 0 = horizontal 1 = vertical
  end
end

Calintz

That is actually quite brilliant Game_Guy ...

G_G

That makes it so it can be changed in game where a module makes it so it has to be changed in the editor and cannot be changed in game.

Calintz

June 02, 2009, 12:33:06 am #53 Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:37:14 am by Calintz16438
Gives the player even more control ...
What's more, this would add an extra feature to the Menu's Options tab.

That is the route I would take.
You could set the default in the script, and just let the player choose in-game how he would like it.

G_G

Maybe make an addon in your menu Ryex. If you do use this and take this route have it check in your menu options

if $ryexbattle >= version here
  alignment choice
  command choice
end

Blizzard

Quote from: game_guy on June 02, 2009, 12:05:36 am
add a game system thing than

class Game_System
  attr_accessor :alignment
  attr_accessor :commandwindow
  alias battle_system_config initialize
  def initialize
    battle_system_config
    @alignment = 0, 1, or 2 # 0 = center, 1 = left, 2 = right
    @commandwindow = 0 or 1 # 0 = horizontal 1 = vertical
  end
end

This is what I always do. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Spoiler: ShowHide
mock up of having the windows look like the status bar

Valcos

NICE! :haha:

I think it looks way better like that. Looks good  8)
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

G_G

That looks way better. I cant wait to use that battle system. Maybe you should also include an option to use characters instead of battlers.

Ryex

June 02, 2009, 10:56:10 pm #59 Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:01:31 pm by Ryexander
Quote from: game_guy on June 02, 2009, 09:20:41 pm
That looks way better. I cant wait to use that battle system. Maybe you should also include an option to use characters instead of battlers.

what do you mean? like charsets?