The Legend of Lexima IV - Chaos Project (Massive Demo)?

Started by Blizzard, January 27, 2008, 07:03:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want "Massive Demo" to be released?

Yes, I want to play it
5 (45.5%)
No, I want to wait for the full game
5 (45.5%)
I don't care
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 03, 2008, 11:05:27 am

Blizzard

January 27, 2008, 07:03:02 am Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:05:57 am by Blizzard
Now, I've been wondering how many people would actually want that. What that is?

• Chaos Project - Demo: This is less than 10% of the game. The game ends after the boss battle against the blue woman in Lisk Forest.
  • Chaos Project - Enhanced Demo: This is about 25% of the story, the game ends after Jason leaves Endout and Lilith behind. The first version didn't have SRS yet, it was added in a later version. In fact this version didn't have even 1% of the scripts that are being used now.
  • Chaos Project - Final Demo: This is a version, supposed to be the last demo release of the game. Storywise it goes up to the same point like the Enhanced Demo, but scriptwise it is much more enhanced. Later versions of it had huge script updates.
  • The Legend of Lexima IV - Chaos Project (Massive Demo): Now this would be a release that has about 50% of the game and even more script updates. The story goes to the point after Jason and Endout find out that they have been used by Nemesis and after a successful fight against Faberell, they decide the go after him and his henchmen.
    The question is: How many people would be interested to play it? If this is to be released, the game would need the alpha testing finished and a beta testing before the first release.

Poll closes in 7 days.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

I'd like it released *votes*
I did play past that, thanks to you, but I still want to play the demo.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Juan

@Blizzard I also would like to play past that. I'll help you beta test/
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Blizzard

Since I have two helping hands in mapping the next release could still be the full game instead of a massive demo. Let's see how much people want it and how quickly the rest of the game progresses. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

No no no...Much of the story has already been released. His demo's that have been released, have done what DEMO's are suppossed to do. You all WANT to play this new one....(Quote, buy, print) He has you hooked!!!!!

WAIT WAIT WAIT!! No more needs to be revealed until the release of the actual game...

P.S. Great job Blizz  ;D

Blizzard

In fact, when you play the game up to 50%, there is just enough revealed to hook the player even more.

Quote from: me from aboveThe story goes to the point after Jason and Endout find out that they have been used by Nemesis and after a successful fight against Faberell, they decide the go after him and his henchmen.

Of course the scenario when that happens is just great. Not much action, but simply the events... You're like "OMG NO WTF" all the time. FTS most probably can confirm that. :P

Calintz

Hmm...
Well I still vote no.
All Demo's from major game companies actually control about 10% of the game's actual story, or none of it at all, and just teaches the player how to work the funcions of the game.

You've already surpassed that much, and I don't think you NEED another Demo. However, it's entirely up to you, and I will keep my vote NO.

P.S. I still think you're making an awesome game!!

Blizzard

January 27, 2008, 01:32:25 pm #7 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:33:57 pm by Blizzard
I just want to see the opinion of the people, it's not like if most people vote for "Yes" that I will actually do it. I have now two mappers who assist me which could speed up the development heavily. If the mapping gets done within 2 or 3 months I can concentrate another month on scripts and functionality. Then comes the beta testing and the release. Let's see how it turns out.

EDIT:

OMG THIS IS MY 666th POST

EDIT:

Did you know that 666 * 2 = 1332 which is just 5 less than 1337? xD *stops being offtopic*

Calintz

I see...
Alright, now I can suggest where you're coming from...

BTW:
This is really creepy!!
Today you just posted your 666th post, well I watched the movie "Constantine" today, and right after that, the excorcism of Emily Rose cam on, and right now, courage the cowardly dog is having a show dealing with muriel being possessed!!

Nortos

lol

anyway I voted last night for yes but I do think Calintz has some valid points and also I would like only if could play demo if be able to keep saves so I probably would go no because you'll have a few changes ect

Blizzard

In fact, this is one of my greatest concerns. So far, the save game updater works without any problems. Final Demo to "next release" updates run smoothly. But if I release another demo, it will limit the number of maps I actually can edit and the event systems in there and blablablah. In any case, I'd have a harder time in keeping consistency. But since I've got a new mapper who's already working hard, CP might be done earlier than I expected which would make another release unnecessary.

Nortos

yeah than I think don't worry about it btw who are your mappers they good as you?

Blizzard

May I dare to say better than me? At least I know that he got out a lot and I mean really A LOT of the rather poor modern city tileset I gave him. It looked great. It's the new guy Peter, BTW, the one with the event ABS.

Nortos

Calintz

Hmm...
*Calintz ponders whether or not to start using MSN Messenger again*

I used to use that all the time, but now I don't.

Nortos

you should me and you can learn how to script together quickly with it :)

Calintz

Lol, that might really actually help, though I'm sure you are still more advanced than I... ;D
   *Goes to dwnld Messenger*

Nortos

Calintz

Ryex

no more demos your next release should be the full and completed game (or the batat version for them testers)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

GAX

I can go either way honestly, I'm really curious as to how the story is going to play out, and it'd be cool to see more of the game (Other than seeing some of the stuff from the old ass beta I got of Final Demo)

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Fantasist

QuoteNot much action, but simply the events... You're like "OMG NO WTF" all the time. FTS most probably can confirm that.

And not to mention, I just LOVE the scripting and music. Hey Bliz, if you release the massive demo, will you release the CPMS? Or do you want to keep it for the full game? Cause I was in ecstacy when I played the project you gave me and CPMS had a lot to do with that.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Nortos

Blizzard

January 28, 2008, 05:48:42 am #23 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:49:58 am by Blizzard
Chaos Project Message System. And yeah, it will be released then. You should see how I display characters who talk, it's unlike every other message system. (^_^) It's slightly instable and inaccurate right now as it needs quite some custom adjustment, so I need to test it more.

Fantasist

Yeah, lot's of times, different events were highlighted. But heck,
QuoteI was in ecstacy when I played the project you gave me and CPMS had a lot to do with that.

Calintz