[XP] Climbing System Help!

Started by Darok, May 21, 2009, 07:34:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darok

May 21, 2009, 07:34:00 pm Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:06:50 pm by Aqua
Hi! I need a Climbing System for my game, I try a lot, But i cant :shy:
I want only the option to Fall and to Jump to another rock in diagonal. In the TileSets 3( I think) of the RTP there is a Tile of a Climbing Rock. I want that in Mountains so, to go to the Top, you need to pass a Little Minigame.
I really dont know if it easy or not.
Srry for bad Explicacion Im from Argentina and i dont know English well, Srry again.

~Aqua Edit~
My friend translated the Spanish given below.  It'll probably clear things up a little.
I need an engine for my character to cross thru a mountain by climbing it,you can fail when crossing from one rock to another and you can jump in diagonal,there is a tile ( dunno what this is lol ) in some rocks ( if you dont know what i mean i can upload a picture ) i want this tile to be the only one where you can jump

Aqua

Uhhhh... @.@
I don't really understand what you're asking...

Post it in your native language, and I'll see if I can find one of my friends to translate it for me.

(I have a friend who lives in Argentina and speaks Spanish)

Darok

Sure.

"Necesito un Engine donde tu personaje para cruzar una montaña la tenga que escalar. Puedes fallar en pasar de una roca a la otra y puedes saltar en diagonal. Hay un Tile en algunos TileSets que es un roca Salida de la montaña( Si no sabes de que te estoy hablando dime y pongo una imagen) Y quiero que ese sea el UNICO Tile donde puedes escalar"

Thats all... I hope your friend can traslate this.

This is the Google traslate:

"I need an engine where your character to cross a mountain to climb with. You can decide to move from one rock to another and can jump diagonally. There is some TileSets Tile is a rock out of the mountains (If you do not know that you tell me and I'm talking about an image) and want to be the ONLY where you can climb Tile "

I really dont know if it is a good traslate.

Starrodkirby86

I need an engine where your character (or person) can climb a mountain. You're able to jump from one rock to another, including diagonally. There's a tile in the Tileset that's a climbable-looking mountain rock. (If you don't know what it is I'll provide an image). I want it so you can ONLY climb on that tile.

Combination of my weak Spanish and Google Translation. :xD: This is just practice on my end, so pay no mind.

I'm not very clear on what the whole premise of this would be...But can you maybe make the 'climbing' tile accessible (But the event will make it blocked), and then when you Action Key it, you start the climbing session? Then you start a series of Conditional branches where it asks if a Button Input is pressed, and it moves to that certain tile.

It might be long and drawn out though. At least in my head...#_#

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hellfire Dragon

I think I can give this try but I'm kinda busy so if anyone else wants to try. One thing though
Quoteyou can fail when crossing from one rock to another

What do you mean there? Like randomly? Or like when you jump some legdes or whatever break etc.

Darok

If you can, you fail when you try to make a huge jump, of more than 4 Tiles, If you cant just ramdonly or something like that

Seox

I've got time, and I could probably help you. I understood you fine, by the way - no worries ^_^.

I just need to know a few specifics. HOW do you want to climb it? Do you want to press a lot of buttons quickly that flash on the screen, or do you want to pick which tile to move to, then jump to it? Do you want to "charge" up a jump, and then throw yourself forwards, and if you charge too much, then you jump too far, and can fall?

As you can see, there are a lot of different ways to actually make the system work. Give me some information, tell me more about it and I can surely help you.

^_^

-Iwleto
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Darok

Oh Thanks Seox!
Yes, I want that you can Charge to Clim and if you Charge too much you have a 70% chances to fall. And with two different buttons you can go down/up( Example for Up = A+Up Button) And another for Horizontal( S+Left). And only if you can Diagonal( D+Up+Left, Its look hard)
Thanls for offering!

fugibo

Quote from: Darok on May 21, 2009, 09:57:49 pm
Sure.

"Necesito un Engine donde tu personaje para cruzar una montaña la tenga que escalar. Puedes fallar en pasar de una roca a la otra y puedes saltar en diagonal. Hay un Tile en algunos TileSets que es un roca Salida de la montaña( Si no sabes de que te estoy hablando dime y pongo una imagen) Y quiero que ese sea el UNICO Tile donde puedes escalar"

Thats all... I hope your friend can traslate this.

This is the Google traslate:

"I need an engine where your character to cross a mountain to climb with. You can decide to move from one rock to another and can jump diagonally. There is some TileSets Tile is a rock out of the mountains (If you do not know that you tell me and I'm talking about an image) and want to be the ONLY where you can climb Tile "

I really dont know if it is a good traslate.

LOL, I CAN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND >= 50% OF THAT! I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF :P!

Seox

June 09, 2009, 07:15:43 pm #9 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:41:11 pm by Seox
Quote from: Darok on June 09, 2009, 06:05:46 pm
Oh Thanks Seox!
Yes, I want that you can Charge to Clim and if you Charge too much you have a 70% chances to fall. And with two different buttons you can go down/up( Example for Up = A+Up Button) And another for Horizontal( S+Left). And only if you can Diagonal( D+Up+Left, Its look hard)
Thanls for offering!

Ok, so you want A to charge for vertical and S for horizontal? Why not just use A OR S for one, like this:

A+Up
A+Down
A+Left
A+Right
A+Any Two Directions

Also, when you fall, do you want to make the player game over, or fall to the bottom, or lose health/etc? What should the consequence be?

I'll get to work ASAP.

Post as many details as you can, so that I can do the best job possible, and others may be able to suggest things based on what you post.

PS: Your English isn't really all that bad, in my opinion. I don't really have much trouble understanding you. ^_^

Darok

Thanks for your opinion about my English, I understand a lot but i cant (?)express(?)
Ok, Only A.
When you fall you loose HP and appear in the botton.
If you need more details just tell me  :)

Seox

June 14, 2009, 01:37:15 pm #11 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:07:38 pm by Seox
Could you please get me a picture of that climbing rock? It would be very helpful ^_^

Thank you

I'm sorry, Darok. I can't do it if you can't get me the picture, because then I can tell exactly what you mean by where/how you want to jump to something. I can also have a good test map made. If you can't tell me, I won't be able to start. I just didn't want to stay at the stage that I'm at now and not tell you >.<

EDIT:

I'm REALLY sorry, but I've been busy lately, and I'm going on a cruise all of next week. If you can wait, I promise that I'll put forth IMMENSE effort, as SOON as I get back, next saturday. If not, then I'm EXTREMELY sorry. I've been having difficulty with the event system, as it isn't seeming to want to check button presses simultaneously >.>

I'm SOOOO sorry, Darok >.<