[RESOLVED] need help editing trickster's active timer cbs script

Started by sonicfan1012, January 27, 2008, 12:53:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicfan1012

k, so what i need to know is how to change the battler graphics for the characters. What i mean is, Basil in the demo uses a regular character spriteset, while aluxes uses the battler graphic, and gloria uses a battlecharacter set. When i set aluxe's battler graphic as the sprite, i showed me the whole picture of the sprite instead. I wanna know how you can edit the scripts so that you can make aluxes use the spritesheet and basil   (or any other character) use the battle char set, and how to switch back to using the actual battle graphic
heres a picture http://picasaweb.google.com/jcho1012/Desktop/photo#5160006210054110034 heres the script link http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=5853.0. its in the demos. look in the demo spoiler and search for active Timer Cbs

Blizzard

1. Yes, this would be a minor edit in the scripts.

2. Erm... Why don't you simply use the little image as battlers? (-_-')
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Lol, yeah...
I don't quite understand why he wants to use what he wants to use either??

sonicfan1012

o sorry, i should carify this. You saw the picture right? I want to know how i can edit the scripts so that i can make arshes, who uses a battler graphic, use a character set graphic. i also want to know how to switch back from character to battler graphic. Also the third character (gloria) is using a battle character set. I also want to know how to edit the script so that arshes or basil uses that kind of battle sheeet. (im going to take care of making the battlecharacter sheets). I just want to know, how do I do that?

Blizzard

January 27, 2008, 02:42:27 pm #4 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:43:15 pm by Blizzard
Ah, you want action animated battlers, right? Isn't there a script for that already?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

look at the script titled configuration you need to go to around line 70 you'll see this

MNK_APOSE1   =   {2 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE2   =   {2 => 2}   # Hilda is using a Charset graphic as a battler.
  MNK_APOSE3   =   {2 => 2}   # The battler was copied into the Battler folder.
  MNK_APOSE4   =   {2 => 2}   # This setup allows you to use Charactersets for
  MNK_APOSE5   =   {2 => 2}   # battlers battlers.
  MNK_APOSE6   =   {2 => 3}
  MNK_APOSE7   =   {2 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE8   =   {2 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE9   =   {2 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE10  =   {2 => 1}
  MNK_APOSE11  =   {2 => 4}

the first 2 is the actor ID of the charecter whose battler you added like Basils sprite sheet in the battlers section you would add Arshes to it than his charectersheet and put

MNK_APOSE1   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE2   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}   # Hilda is using a Charset graphic as a battler.
  MNK_APOSE3   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}   # The battler was copied into the Battler folder.
  MNK_APOSE4   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}   # This setup allows you to use Charactersets for
  MNK_APOSE5   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}   # battlers battlers.
  MNK_APOSE6   =   {2 => 3, 1 => 3}
  MNK_APOSE7   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE8   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE9   =   {2 => 2, 1 => 2}
  MNK_APOSE10  =   {2 => 1, 1 => 1}
  MNK_APOSE11  =   {2 => 4, 1 => 4}

Also you would need to go to line 25 and it'll say

DEFAULT_ACTOR_ID        = [1]     # Ids of actors using default battlers

just deleted the one to make this

DEFAULT_ACTOR_ID        = []     # Ids of actors using default battlers

sonicfan1012

thank u so much. also, im guessing that to use the type of sprite sheet gloria is using, just remove the character's id from all those fields, right?

Nortos

yeah and it does the side view type, if need any other help just ask