Humanity should kill itself.

Started by Daxisheart, May 31, 2009, 02:50:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxisheart

There's a friend of mine that I always debate this with every now and then. He's very stereotypical of the average human mind, so he always takes the predictable argument. I always seem to win, so I'd thought I'd make a topic about this... I would have posted this topic sooner, but my internet was(and still is) down, so I'm using my sister's computer.

Humanity should kill itself off the face of the earth. We're nothing good for the world, we only harm the environment and life cycles of the world. There's really only one solution for the overpopulation and all that, and that's to kill ourselves. We can't wait for anyone to die before reproducing, we're too selfish for that.

Basically,
Spoiler: ShowHide
Serial killers should get medals.
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

Diokatsu

Seriously?

I mean, seriously?

Who cares if we're no good for the planet. Do you even enjoy your life? I suppose in the end killing ourselves is great for everything else, but do you want to die? Go fucking kill yourself and become a martyr for that cause and then maybe I'll believe that you actually think killing yourself is a solution.

Daxisheart

That right there is called selfishness. You're saying that the world can go to hell, as long as you can keep living. Survival instincts tell you that, that's all.

Who says I won't kill myself? :P
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?

Pokol DaErran

Quote from: Daxisheart on May 31, 2009, 02:50:25 pmHumanity should kill itself off the face of the earth.

Humanity can do that without you telling them to.
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Diokatsu

Quote from: Daxisheart on May 31, 2009, 02:56:30 pm
Who says I won't kill myself? :P

Do it faggot.
Quote from: Daxisheart on May 31, 2009, 02:56:30 pm
That right there is called selfishness. You're saying that the world can go to hell, as long as you can keep living. Survival instincts tell you that, that's all.

Yeah, I'm selfish. Worlds are expendable. There are more. We adapt and change to suit them. We go on living. Once you're dea, you're dead. You don't have anything. I still have some things I want to do, so I'm selfish. I want to live. Being selfish isn't something bad neccessarily.

Daxisheart

Selfish isn't bad. Really? Sure.
I'm saying humanity should kill itself because that the world freaking needs it. Earth's environment/life is going to last 2, 3 hundreds years more, tops, if we keep living the way we do, and because of selfish assholes like you, we aren't changing. Either 99% of humanity kills itself off now, or the entire world would suffer.
You know that other topic in intelligent debate, where people are animals? Yeah, we kill them all the time, time to start killing yourselves. Not much different. Morals are relative.

Diokatsu

May 31, 2009, 03:06:38 pm #6 Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:09:41 pm by Diokatsu
Hahaha.

What good is a world that we can't enjoy?

You talk all this shit, but I don't see you killing yourself.

Daxisheart

What good is a world you can't?

If I killed myself, I wouldn't be able to post anymore.
Besides, I'm killing myself at 42. All my friends already know this. So, wait 27 years, check the newspapers, and you'll find "Asian dude killed himself."

Diokatsu

Like I said, there is more than one world.

Daxisheart

Diokatsu

It's called the universe. And there are tons of stars like ours with tons of planets like ours. Even if we can't find a planet suitable, we can design away around it. We can adapt.

Daxisheart

Wow. I must really be behind. I mean, I didn't realize that we'd already started colonizing or even have the freaking technology for that kind of s***.
1: It'll take dozens, if not hundreds, of years for a ship to reach those kinds of planets.
2: We don't have the techonology for that. Even then, the smallest error and then the ship would just fly by that planet that's freaking lightyears away
3: How many people can possibly go to these planets? How large can a spaceship be? By saying we can do that...
4: that means that only a smalll, smalll, small, miniscule portion of humanity can go to these planets, and by the time we reach them...
5: It would be hundreds of years later and earth would have already been destroyed by selfish people like you.

Diokatsu

You make it sound like we aren't making any efforts to halt the "end of the world". You also make it sound like we couldn't possibly have such technology in so few years. I mean, what was I thinking. Technology doesn't actually grow fast at all, especially existing technology. We couldn't have efficient and commercial space flight in a couple hundred years, that's absurd. And everyone couldn't possibly be saved, you're right. A small portion is great from what I can see. We also reproduce funny enough. Rebuilding the population wouldn't take that long.

Also, shut the fuck up about selfish people like me. People like you just piss me off. I might be selfish, but at least I know how to live. I desire life, love and happiness. I want fufillment. I want to be satisfied and I want to bring my satisfaction about. I have everything to gain, while you have nothing. When it comes down to it, you can kill yourself at what ever age you want, but you won't have lived in any way that I can respect. I'm selfish and vain and lustful. I'm human. But that doesn't mean you know anything about me. In your way of solving things, you never really got to the heart of the issue. It's not about eliminating people, it's about living in harmony with nature. You think that our deaths will be like some sort of saving grace, but in the end all you've done is advocate genocide.

Daxisheart

1: wtf, I've got a whole shitload of stuff to gain, where does that come from?
2: I'm not advocating basic genocide. No discrimination. Just kill off random people.
3: I'd rather not get my happiness, fulfillment, and love by killing off others, by the suffering and destruction of things. I mean, I do do that, and it does happen, but I'd rather not have that
4: 6-7 billion people, and harmony with nature? Yeah, right.
5: about the efficient and commercial space flight, I said that by the time a few hundred years pass, it'll be too late, anyways.

Blizzard

May 31, 2009, 04:01:13 pm #14 Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:04:19 pm by Blizzard
If people weren't selfish, they would have died out. Survival instinct almost IS selfishness. If somebody is about to get hit by a car and you don't react even if you could have, that's selfishness. Why didn't you do it then? Because it could have killed you. Survival instinct and selfishness are very corelated.

Also, killing oneself is also selfish. While everybody else has to endure the pain we call life, you simply took the shortcut rather than helping other people to get by. What a selfish action suicide is.

In case anybody thinks I'm joke, I'm not. I'm serious.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Daxisheart

While I do agree that suicide to end suffering is selfish, I'm not saying suicide to end our pain, but to help the world out. Ignore the survival instinct for the sake of helping the world, because humanity is hurting the world by living. The problem is our survival instinct, and if this instinct makes us selfish and harm the world... kill it.

Blizzard

I don't think so. Why should I kill myself? What has the world ever done for me? Everybody has the right to live and deserves a chance. Evolution is the survival of the fittest and if the human race is the fittest, then so shall it be.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Daxisheart

Survival of the fittest is basically the surivival intinct and thus selfishness. Why does an organism evolve and adapt? So it can live long, better, reproduce easier. Kill off the others and any competition, that's what it is.
Where was I going with that?
Ignore this survival instinct, and kill yourself because the world is suffering. Humanity does nothing good for the world, we only harm it. If we kill off ourselves now, we can preserve the world for future generations of organisms and their evolution. Scientifically, the world has existed for 4.5 billion years, life has existed on it for 3.7 billion years. In just the millions of years since the homo genus has arrived, and in the just thousands of years since the homo sapiens have started creating civilization, the very face of the earth has changed, the atmosphere has been totally fucked up. Science may evolve fast, but so does our desecration of the earth. The last thousands of years, what about the next thousand, the next hundreds, hell, how about the next couple of decades? Humanity's prescence is just too much with 6-7 billion people. How does one solve this? Death.

Blizzard

Why should we kill ourselves? Why should the world not kill itself so it makes it easy on us?

Pokol DaErran

War
Can't the human race kill itself off without us helping it?
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt