[XP] Quest Log System

Started by G_G, May 31, 2009, 08:12:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Murd

Thank you so much Sacred Nym !!
I understand the logic of the script now.

I just wondered about marking the quest name yellow thing as when I call script quest.complete(id),
it only shows the quest status "completed" in yellow but not the quest name

Unleashed

Hello,

i'm new here and i must say all of ur scripts are awesome  :D

But one question, i want to use the questlog in pokemon essentials
i did everything in the introductions but when i add a quest (Quest.add(1))
this error came up:
Spoiler: ShowHide

please help me to fix this  :blargh:

Alton Wyte

Pokemon Essentials is VERY incompatible with almost all scripts because it replaces ALL the default scripts.

Unleashed

Quote from: Alton Wyte on July 11, 2010, 12:57:49 pm
Pokemon Essentials is VERY incompatible with almost all scripts because it replaces ALL the default scripts.

is there anyway to get it working? :(

WhiteRose

Judging by your title, it looks like you are trying to make an online Pokemon game. I might be mistaken, but you are probably trying to use either Netplay or RMX-OS. I don't know anything about Netplay, so I can't help you there, but if you're trying to use RMX-OS, I believe it is incompatible with Pokemon Essentials to quite a large degree. Combining them would require a special version of RMX-OS that is not planned on being released to the public.

Unleashed

i got the scripts by decrypting pokemon neon online but i read this thread http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=5731.0 and now i know it was wrong...
sry i will not ask anymore :shy:

KRoP

For some reason Ultimate Font Override from Tons isn't working with this script. D: I looked through the Quest Log script but the only things that seemed related to that Tons script were bitmap.new and font.color = system_color.  The line that returned an error was init_font_override_later(w, h)
  Any ideas on why this is happening?  I apologize for bringing up a seemingly unrelated script in this thread but I really don't get why this would happen.

G_G

I'll look at it sometime later. Besides expect an update soon. My complete overhaul of this systems gonna be awesome.

Xunbreakable89X

Um I have a question. How do I call the question screen?
I have a custom menu, but I wanna be able to bring it up using a common event. Whats the script to bring it up?

G_G

Xunbreakable89X

Quote from: game_guy on July 24, 2010, 11:17:05 pm
Scene_Quest.new

For some reason its not working for me. Should it be a comment or a Call script event?

Xunbreakable89X

Ehh still not working, fuck it:/

Sacred Nym

$scene = Scene_Quest.new

Need the full line.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

keyonne

I am curious as to whether it would be possible to have 'sets' of quests. In my game, I have allowed for the player to have 4 character slots where they can choose between 10 races, 6 classes, and 2 genders to allow for a large amount of variation in the game. Each character slot has a separate inventory, separate set of characters, and should also have a separate quest log. However, you have no option to save the quest log and switch between new ones. Would adding this feature be too complex, or would it be possible without too much hassle?

G_G

I'll see what I can do. If anything I'll add it to 4.0.

keyonne

Thank you, that would be extremely helpful. :)

ojp2010

ETA on 4.0 loving the system

Taiine

Hey small little bug. If you try to open the quest book right away with out picking any quests up. it gives you this

Window_Command line 18 RGSS error

failed to create bitmap

also shows up in your demo, if you talk to the npc that opens the book before the one that gives you the quest.

Calintz

Not really a bug Taiine.
Anybody who uses this script will not actually call the scene without first giving the player a quest. That doesn't make much sense. The only reason this is even a problem is because Game_Guy split the two. I don't know why he, but he did.