[XP] Quest Log System

Started by G_G, May 31, 2009, 08:12:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

Well, i got a sort of a bug, or at least a bit of misfunction...
When you exit from the quest log, it goes into the menu, instead of the scene it was called from.
This can be a bit bugging that after being given the quest, if you've set in the events to call the log scene,
after checking the quests in therem, instead of the map, you're brought to the menu...

keyonne

I keep getting this for some unknown reason...
Spoiler: ShowHide

Holyrapid

I tried this again, and when i first tried to speak with the man, it crashed. But after speaking with the woman, and got a quest, and then talked to the guy, no problems.
So, could you add like a regular error message to, instead of having it crash if trying to open the quest menu, without having quests.
Maybe it could read in the menu something like 'no quest have been added yet.'?

G_G

Like I said I'm working on a nice remake with extra features and stuff like that. Just when I get my computer and my internet. Things at home are kind of jumbled. :S

Griver03

sry to necropost but ive a lil question, can you pls make me a patch that the quest window is always active even if no quests available ?!
i mean when you open the scene and use no map bg theres a black screen, i want that theres a clear window or maybe a string with "no quests in there".
would be very nice, thx
My most wanted games...

G_G

I have a rewrite for this script in my plans. Its kind of in the end but I'll be sure to include that feature.

SilverShadow737

Tagging this, it seems pretty cool.
Ginyu Force Rules

G_G

You could try something like this.
class Scene_Quest
  alias gg_different_window_skin_lat main
  def main
    $game_system.windowskin_name = "custom window skin name here"
    gg_different_window_skin_lat
    $game_system.windowskin_name = $data_system.windowskin_name
  end
end

mroedesigns

G_G

Nope sorry. I ended up going to my grandma's house for the rest of my vacation so I had to leave my computer behind. I guess I could work on it when I get back but I'm not sure how much time I will have since school starts in a week.

ruiran1

If you gyus need this:
Make an item called quest log make it only usable in the menu make it not consumable then make a common event with the script call (like in the demo with the guy) then put the same common event on the quest log.

• This should be easy

• not many people migth see this

monkeydash

Is there a way of changing the quest details as you go along?

Say for example I have a quest to buy something for a guy.

The Quest can be named: Buy Gift for Sam

I'd like for the reward to be a mystery to start with.
First part would be to talk to Sam and ask him what he wants. So quest log would say:

"Talk to Sam."

When he tells you what he wants - say an apple - I'd like the log to change to reflect that. So instead of saying 'talk to Sam', I'd like it to now say:

"Buy an Apple."

Once the apple is bought I'd like it to change to:

"Take the Apple to Sam"

You give Sam the apple. He thanks you. Quest completed and he gives you a cabbage. I dunno.
So the the quest log records that your reward was a cabbage.

Can this be done or would it require making three seperate quests and stating what the prize will be from the beginning?

G_G

I was planning on making a version that had multiple objectives per quest. But I'm no longer scripting for RMXP. My suggestion would be to try and find a different Quest Log script that will suit your needs.

Futendra

Could you make a configure program?

the one mroe made is full of bugs and he can't fix them because of loss of project files.

A configure program that works properly would be so awesome!

Also: My HUD overlaps the windows of the Quest Log, how do I fix this?

monkeydash

That's a shame. Thanks anyway.

Is there no way to call script to change it or something?

G_G

@Fut: Seeing that I'm not going to revamp/recreate the script, I'm not going to create a configuration program either.

@monkey: No theres not. The way I have it all setup its not really possible without some tweaking to the script.

Though I will promise this. When ARC is released. I'll make a quest log for it. I plan on making a lot of scripts for ARC when its released. <3

mroedesigns

Quote from: Futendra on January 14, 2012, 07:43:42 am

the one mroe made is full of bugs and he can't fix them because of loss of project files.

I may go back and redo mine, the only reason I didn't before was because GG was planning on making a newer version of this system.

Futendra

Quote from: mroedesigns on January 15, 2012, 04:13:04 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 14, 2012, 07:43:42 am

I may go back and redo mine, the only reason I didn't before was because GG was planning on making a newer version of this system.

That would be great, the bugs are that End, Else, Return, ... are all written with a capital so they should be end, else, return, ...

Also, I get errors after fixing this, I think you did something wrong terribly

mroedesigns

The errors you were telling me about were just missing register files that come with VB6, forgot to include a few. But yeah, there's a number of things that need fixed. I'll see what I can do, I'm not sure if I even have VB installed on my old top.

mroedesigns

Reworking the quest log. Any reason I would get an error here?

Spoiler: ShowHide
  def self.qlocation(id)
    case id
    #==================================================
    # Quest Location
    # Use when x then return ''location''
    # x = id, location = location in quotes
    #==================================================
    when 1 then return "l"
    end
    return "????"
  end