[ARC][XP]Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity (2012 Demo Underway!)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

2012 Revision

Coming Soon...

2008 DEMO AVAILABLE HERE!

See where this game has come from before you see where it's going!

History:
-DEMO UPLOADED JANUARY 13, 2008 AT 2:24 AM PST (Demo Fixed at 2:30 AM PST -_-)!!!
-EXTRA Edition announced June 17, 2009Cancelled.
-Development Resumed May 28, 2010.

-Preparations for 2012 Demo Release underway!

Characters

Rune-
A warrior cast into a new world, with no memories of his past or himself.  Rune is an accomplished Sword Mage with great battle experience.  Working odd jobs under Jhonas to repay a debt, Rune is fairly well known around the town of Den.  Rune's past...the secrets hidden within may lead to the world being saved...or to it being taken by Chaos.

Rivendal-
Just as Rune's situation, Rivendal was thrown into the world and has no memory of his home.  He wields the Berzerker, a living sword with a mind of its own and an influence of Rivendal's own being.  He holds claim to an extremely destructive Chaos Drive, the mere mention of which has led many men to insanity, and even death.  A dark truth lies in his past, but what is it?

Syba-
A figure from Rune's past.  A Master Knight of the Order of Lysar, otherwise known and the Crystalian Knights.

Kain-
A figure from Rune's past.  An accomplished Spear Knight and member of the Order of Lysar, and a close friend or Rune.

Reina-
A figure from Rune's past.  The youngest daughter of the Master Knight Syba and one of Rune's closest friends.

Lucion-
A dark being, a person Rune has met in the past who has great destructive power. He leads the Chaos Beasts and has an over inflated God-Complex.  Despite his dark intentions, there seems to be a secret in Lucion's past that not even he is fully aware of...

Story

Prologue:

Rune, no more than a young man who's been cast into a new world.  In this world, he has no memories of his past, no memory of who he is or where he came from.  Aside from the recurring nightmares he's experienced, his life is fairly simple and peaceful.  That is...until he feels a dark pressence in the town of Den.  One night, he decides to leave the family who took him in, to investigate the pressence when he encounters Lucion, a figure who knows his past and unleashes a horde of destructive beings upon the unsuspecting town of Den.  Why has Lucion appeared, and what lies within his past?

Chapter 1 - Warrior

The vagrant Rune leaves Den to find out more about his past, and encounters a young man by the name of Rivendal, a Berserker who is in search of Lucion.  As Rune remembers a piece of his past, an old friend appears and joins him in order to help Rune achieve his goal.  They are soon joined by the young Arda, a prince of Transia's largest empire.  Now they leave for the royal city of Atraxxya, but what they find there will flip their entire world upside down.

Screenshots!!!

Featured Systems
-Spheris Battle System, designed by GAX72, coded by winkio.
-In depth Equipment Customization system
-Gear Crafting System
-Bestiary and in game Almanac
-Chaos Rage Limit System, featuring Chaos Drive
-Title Screen changes based on progress!

DEMO!!!

RMXP Edition
(Hopefully) Coming Soon!

ARC Edition
(Hopefully) Coming Soon! (If ARC comes out before RMXP Demo is complete, the RMXP edition will be cancelled).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Fantasist

You know, I never got to complete the previous demo. When you put up the demo, I'll play it completely.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Sally

Galatea

Nortos

he's just doing it now the ending and uploading it the demo that's so today maybe or in a day or two

Sally

GAX

Demo should be ready this weekend.  I'm logged in at school right now, enjoying the fact that the new forum hasn't been blocked (Yet...my school's web rapists really piss me off), but I've got quite a bit of work completed.

Things that have been removed for new demo:
RTAB (Too buggy)

Things that wont be added til the big demo update:
Random Battles (Yeah...event battles only people, I haven't set up troops or enemies for random battles yet, so it will be some time til I can do that aspect).
Shops (Database has to be rewritten first, but there will be quite an extensive shop set)
Northern Areas (Demo takes place on the Southern Areas, the areas are separated by water).
New Party Members (*cough* Rivendal *cough cough*)
Completely Rewritten Skill List (Booyah!)
Better Battlers (Working on it)

Until then, just wait a little bit longer...I will not disappoint.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Nortos

Cool can't wait all sounds good and by no random bosses do you mean you only really set up bosses and storyline battles?

Soul of chaos

:DThis looks sweet, gotta download it!! WEeeeeeeee...

GAX

For the time being, there aren't any random battles set up, only storyline ones.  The reason behind this is that I'm going to rewrite the entire database for the next demo (Which will likely not be released until sometime towards the beginning of summer).

Next Demo Should Include:
-Fully Rewritten Database (Hundreds of Skills, weapons, armors, items, and enemies)
-Improved Performance
-New Systems (Waranting a few new scripts rear their heads soon)
-New Characters
-TONS of new areas to explore
-Den Castle Expanded in Intro (No longer limitted to just a few rooms, you'll now have to traverse all across this vast dungeon-like area in order to progress through the game)
-Improved Cutscenes
-Further Story Development
-Character-Advancement (Sword Mage + ... = Powerful new abilities)
-Expanded Weapon System (Dual Wielding and much more)
-Multiple ChaosDrives to your disposal

As you can tell, setting this up will take a LONG time to do, because I'll also have to ballance out the new weapons, armors, items, skills, and monsters.

Nortos

r u gonna use all non RTP battlers I think it would improve it soo much I don't likethe style of RTP battlers

GAX

Well, many of the RTP characters for the party will be gone.  I'm going to keep using the DBS, modified with ChaosDrive and there will be a few other mods I myself am getting prepared to do myself.

Rune's current battler is in its last play from the looks of it, I'm looking for a good sword-user battler for him and I'll be ready.

Today I got some work done (Girlfriend didn't show up...so I had nothing else to do), and I'm hoping I can have the demo ready on Sunday by the time night comes around.

GAX

BOOYAH!

GAX PULLS ONE OUT OF THE BAG!!!

CHAOTIC FURY DEMO RELEASED!!!

Have fun people...it's gonna be a while until the next one.

=3

Nortos

Fantasist

Same as above, but GAX, tell me, is there anything I promised you? I'm forgetting my promises and it's worrying me.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

GAX

Hmm, I don't know if you've promised me anything...

I think the last thing that comes to mind that it might have been when you, me, and Nortos were chatting regarding the Title Menu modification for CF...

Fantasist

January 13, 2008, 06:29:16 pm #16 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:30:42 pm by Fantasist
Yeah, but I didn't commit :P (sorry, but I really have a lot on my plate)
Seriously speaking, I've lost my scripting swing these days. I wish it comes back soon.

GAX

So, has anyone made any progress into the demo yet?

Nortos

I've played it for a bit last night but had to turn off sorry atm working on game I'll finish it later and post feedback :)

Blizzard

I DLed it, but didn't get around trying it yet. Oh BTW, one thing I wanted to mention for the old demo. It's a bit confusing at the beginning, since you don't really know who is who, so I had to go around the whole town to find a person.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

yeah :P but it might be a bit hard to find the right amount because it's a bit unrealistic for someone to tell someone where everything is in game when that's there home

Blizzard

Yeah, but they could jokingly say "You still know his house is in the south eastern corner of the town, do you? Hahaha!"

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

yeah I'm trying to get the right mix in my game atm the hardest thing I've come across so far in all the games is making the dialogue between non important NPCs realistic I try to make them all have a family and give them all bios in word and it helps make it more realistic and involves the player more
*sorry for offtopicness GAX*

Fantasist

Played the demo GAX, really good, loved the music :)

Error report: When you fight the Luna thing in the castle after it absorbs the girl, there's an error with the PNG filter. It says "Ignoring some stupid channel error" and when I click OK a couple of times the battle starts but there's no batleback. I think you should save tha BBack again, some graphical problem. I believe it's Vista related.

I think the maps could be more lively too.

Sally

GAX

Quote from: Fantasist on January 17, 2008, 11:39:57 am
Played the demo GAX, really good, loved the music :)

Error report: When you fight the Luna thing in the castle after it absorbs the girl, there's an error with the PNG filter. It says "Ignoring some stupid channel error" and when I click OK a couple of times the battle starts but there's no batleback. I think you should save tha BBack again, some graphical problem. I believe it's Vista related.

I think the maps could be more lively too.

It sounds Vista related, but not the part about the battle back missing.
I played through it myself, and the Battle Back was damaged and wont show up.

I'll post the Battle Back in a little bit, although it's just a temporary one, and the one I plan to use for the area is going to be a modified version of Blizzard's Tower Roof Battle Back (Nearly finished with it, I hope it's okay that I'm editting it)

Blizzard

Of course it is. I mean, I made it myself by putting the bridge back and the sky panorama together. xD

GAX

COMING NEXT DEMO! (WORKING MY ASS OFF ON THIS)
-Expanded Den Castle (Hmm, 7 maps is good...BUT HOW'S A GOOD 20+?!)
-Random Battles Semi-Ready (Some monsters may be too weak, some may be too strong, some may just not be there)
-New Area:  Allius Forest (The Story Continues...)
-New Area:  Town of Allius (...And Continues...)
-New Area:  Allius Mountains (...And Continues...)
-New Area:  Mountain Ruins (...This is just getting annoying, eh?)
-CHAOSDRIVE ACTIVE (Fire + Darkness = WHOAH!)
-Weapons Available for Purchase
-Armor Available for Purchase
-Item shops OPENNED!
-Sidequest:  A Pirate's Misfortune (Great reward at the end...of coruse, this side-quest isn't going to be finished, just a little taste)
-Sidequest:  The Brothers Almanac (Holy crap...if one lady had this many kids...)
-Sidequest:  A Father's Legacy (This one will make you people laugh HARD)
-Synthesis Workshop (Might) be open (Make your own weapons!)
-SO YOU WANNA BE A MASTER..PO-KE...wait, wrong thread. *Ahem* Mastery Shops open...
-Tons of Addons is getting put through the ropes

I'm hoping to have a demo ready when I can.  Honestly, I'm using multiple project files to make this.  I've got one for modifying the database, another for map experimentation for later parts of the story, another for a secret that involves New Game PLUS, and then my main project where the story develops...DAYOM this is a bitch...

Sally

Calintz

I'm not trying to be an ass Guardian, but have you thought of maybe getting a new TitleScreen??

GAX

lol, the new one isn't the final one.  That's like, something I whipped up in a few minutes.

Punn

You shouldnt reveal  such details yet, as a game creator you gotta make people satisfied, but your giving away all your secret.  :P

Blizzard

Fantasist

OMG! Hero for rescue!

I'm looking forward to the update and probably a different title this time :)

GAX

lol, okay, I'm gonna tell you now, that's like, no where near as much as is going to be added, that's merely a simplicity, and because a lot of the stuff was active in the original demo for Chaotic Fury (Which has disappeared from the Internet...).  Believe me, I got some stuff up my sleeves.

Fantasist

Looking forward to it all the more, then ^_^

GAX

Okay, I wanna reveal a few things about CF.

Firstly, the game consists of 13 Chapters, no including bonus stuff or the prologue.

The demo will only contain about 3 to 5 of these chapters in its final version (The other chapters will be released in the final).

So far, I've almost finished out writing the event structure of the first chapter, which is called "Warrior".

I'm writing out the monster structure too, but I need to ask everyone a favor on this one...

SEND ME MONSTER IDEAS!

Here's the Monster Idea form, which I'll probably end up putting in the main post later:

Monster Name: (Because they all need a name (Some subject to change))
Monster Genus: (Beast, Bird, Demon, etc.)
Monster Difficulty: (Between 1 and 10)
Monster Battler: (I need a battler for any creatures submitted)
Brief information about monster: (Where it would be found, how often one would encounter it, would it travel with others of its own species, special abilities, status effects in battle, attack types, etc.)

i want to get random battles in as soon as possible, so it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can get their creature ideas in quickly.

nerissya

The demo is just so beautiful, plain awesomeness. BUT.

I had the same error so i couldnt continue playing.  And also, the battle didnt start but the game closed. :'(

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Calintz

Sounds great!!

I just didn't want to see this game tainted by a bad title, waiting to see the new one!!

GAX

Instead of Chaotic Fury - Beyond Sanity, I changed the name to Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity, which will reference an event in the story.

And I've looked into the error and found that it's actually because the image file that's used for the background in that battle is damaged, and I'm in the process of replacing it right now, just be patient.  I can't make another demo until I'm done with the first chapter though.

Calintz

Blizzard

I liked "Beyond Sanity" more, but then again, it's your game.

GAX

Well, here's the thing, the first play through the game is the Requiem of Sanity, while at the moment, the plan is my version of And Again... is actually called Beyond Sanity, which will feature some extras in terms of a storyline (Including the possibility at the moment that you will start off from another character's point of view).

Blizzard

Great idea. <3

And again is very simply to make. I just store the mutliplicator value in $game_system and apply it when you earn EXP in battle.

fugibo

lol, I remember testing the original demo and finding a butload of errors (boy, are those easy to make). Did you ever add DREAM to the game after I hacked the savefile?

Nortos

lol you hacked his savefile? Sure was nice :P

Blizzard

I hacked the savefile, too. <_<;
In fact, I was going to make a savefile hacker for personal purposes. But then again, I don't play RMXP games much, so I don't have too much of a need for it.

fugibo

Plus there's the fact that you would have to make a system for script compatiblity. And resources. Which would require RGSSAD hacking. Which uses a MODIFIED Zlib. So I can't hack it o_o

nerissya

Quote from: WcW on February 29, 2008, 05:26:07 pm
Plus there's the fact that you would have to make a system for script compatiblity. And resources. Which would require RGSSAD hacking. Which uses a MODIFIED Zlib. So I can't hack it o_o

wtf advanced stuff?

*backs out of the room slowly*

fugibo

Not that advanced - RGSSAD is the encrypted file that holds resources and scripts. It uses a modified version of the Zlib compression library. Simple, ain't it?

Blizzard

It would be easy to hack the encryption. All I had to do would be encrypting a couple of files into rgssad and into normal zip. Then I have to figure out the differences and the meaning of the modified data. This is practically all I need. But I don't do reverse engineering, it's illegal.

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

nerissya

Quote from: WcW on February 29, 2008, 07:31:13 pm
Not that advanced - RGSSAD is the encrypted file that holds resources and scripts. It uses a modified version of the Zlib compression library. Simple, ain't it?

I C WAT U DID THAR!

fugibo

GAX

Chaotic Fury Demo v. 2.3.0 will likely be out some time in May (the game has gone through mutliple revisions).

Of course, it probably wont have the long version number, it's actually going to be called Chaotic Fury XtRA Edition Demo v. 1.0.0, and will include quite a few things.  So far, it's going to include the following:

Systems:
DREAM encrption for Savefiles
In-Menu Party Switching (Hopefully...)
Advanced CRLS
Advanced Message System
Large use of ToA

Storywise:
Chapter 1:  Warrior will be the only playable chapter so far.

It's possible that I'll be doing a Closed-Beta of the game, but it's not fully plausible.  If anyone's interested, just say so and I'll decide if you can or cannot be in the closed-beta.

I need bug reports for the current demo though, so anyone who can offer help, speak up.  Also, I need people to find as many grammar/spelling errors as they can, because I may not be able to actually put the new events into the game yet (Too busy), but I am capable of correcting errors with my current demo.

Fantasist

GAX

Well people I have to curse the Senior Project...it killed my time...

So here's the deal, I hope to have atleast a minimal demo out by May (this will be 2.3.0) while in August I hope to have a 3.x.x version out, or I'll just change it to the Advance Demo.  I'm working on the database work while I try and figure out how I'm gonna setup the next maps which I have written down on paper but not drawn yet.  So far, I've got quite a bit of the Weapon Database done (almost 100 weapons and I'm not even like, 1/10 done...although I'm sure I may have to omit some stuff X( ).

If anything I'll get a little further than obtaining Rune's first Chaos Drive before the end of the next demo, it shouldn't be too hard.

GAX

Alright, got a new update.  The end of May is approaching, and with that the end of my Senior Project.  After making my presentation which will occur on either May 28 or May 29, I will finally be able to resume work on Chaotic Fury at full speed.  I have already written a large part of the database in terms of names, and all I need to do is put in new weapon stats, monster stats, and skill stats.  The next demo will ofcourse have and incomplete database, but it's enough so far to actually be usable in the demo.  Also note that the next demo may not have the Den Castle Dungeon ready, that's actually a pretty intensive part of the prologue, and it will take some time to complete.  I guarantee one thing though, you'll have a chance to play around with the Chaos Drive system.

More to come soon, and if anyone can, does anyone know where I can find some good resources for monster battlers?  I've already got a lot of them saved up from RPGRevolution, but I need ones based off basic animals.

GAX

Fantasist

GAX

Alright, it's on its way actually, just need to write the events for three maps.  I'm gonna recycle some stuff from the OLD Chaotic Fury demo that had Sephiroth to finish this one up, but this isn't my XtRA edition, this is gonna be Chaotic Fury demo v. 2.3.0, the XtRA will take a while because I haven't made the new monsters yet, for lack of resources in some cases.

It's still gonna be good, and you'll get to use a Chaos Drive atleast once.

Fantasist

Cool :)
You asked for animal stuff, right? Check this site out:
http://animal.x0.com/

The pics could be too realistic, but they are still quite good. There's a copyright at the very bottom, and I think you can't use them if your game goes commercial.

GAX

Too realistic, it'll clash with the tons of graphics I already have.

Nortos

you could edit in PS to give a digital look

GAX

I don't have photo shop, that's the thing...I know how to do some crazy stuff with photoshop, but I don't have it.

Nortos

ah k, that sort of makes getting resources lot harder :(

GAX

Work work work work work

That's what I've been doing on this game for like, a good few days and it's looking pretty nice.  Now, here are things that are NOT in this demo...

A lot of the stuff I promissed is being saved for the XtRA demo, becuase that will have the rewritten database.  Dont' be expecting random battles, weapon shops, item shops (I'll give you some items in the beginning, don't worry), custom skills, etc.

There also may be some seriously noticability between how maps are done, you'll be able to tell which maps are new and which ones are old merely because of style.

I really want to get this thing out, but if making a game was easy...everyone would make one and no one would play any of them.

Rune

From what I've seen at the first post, there are only two things I can see that are wrong.

1) Your mapping looks too empty, especially in that indoor map.
2) Rune's battler looks strange around the edges, you should look at getting that sorted.

I shall download tomorrow, as I am rather tired at the moment and plan to get some rest soon. Looking good so far ;)
Signature.

GAX

Those screens are actually from the first demo.  I'm working with the maps now, but the Town of Den is not on my priority list at the moment, I need to finish up Lythian Harbor first and event some more stuff before I even think about redoing Den.

And Rune's battler has been replaced for now.

GAX

Burned out, finished the last event, just needs some fine tuning and it'll be ready.  Although warning, it kinda sucks because of the absence of random battles.  I'm not exactly in the mood for working on CF right now, but I'll try and force out a demo for everyone.   If anyone wants to help out, just say something because I could really use some mappers or anyone who's good with setting up events, because I'm completely burned right now and my passion is kinda drowned because I can't get much gaming in aside form some online stuff.

Fantasist

I can't help you, but know that this is among the games I'm checking on frequently. I hope you finish the demo properly :)

Valcos

Hey, im going to play the demo now  :haha:! Ill tell you what i think :P
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

GAX

August 02, 2008, 03:25:28 pm #72 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:21:09 pm by GuardianAngelX72
The demo posted is heavily glitched and needs reworking.  I highly suggest you just play through from the beginning of the old demo.  I'm working on redoing the Credits scene right now and I should have a demo ready.

UPDATE:  I just finished up the credits and a scene.  After I can get the editted Battler of LegacyBlade for Rune, I'll complete the fine tuning and release the demo. d(^.^)b

Punn

Este juego chupa muy mala, la cartografía es feo..  simplemente basura

GAX

Have the balls to say your criticisms in english please.

And I know the mapping sucks, I've been reworking a ton of maps, the Town of Den and the Southern Areas aren't on my priority list right now though.  My priorities right now are the northern areas, specifically finishing some fairly large maps, an ice mountain with a dungeon, and a large city comparable to Luvia.

Punn

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on August 03, 2008, 05:00:29 pm
Have the balls to say your criticisms in english please.

And I know the mapping sucks, I've been reworking a ton of maps, the Town of Den and the Southern Areas aren't on my priority list right now though.  My priorities right now are the northern areas, specifically finishing some fairly large maps, an ice mountain with a dungeon, and a large city comparable to Luvia.

Weird enough that you understand some of it. Good job.

GAX

FUCK YEAH, OMFG, WHERE'S THE SEAKING, FUCK YEAH!!!

CHAOTIC FURY v. 2.3.0 DEMO COMPLETED, I WILL CLEAN OUT THE UNUSED MUSIC WHEN I WAKE UP AND I'LL COMPRESS IT AND LOAD THE DEMO UP THEN!

FUCK YES, I FINALLY PULLED IT OFF!!!

Blizzard

You should edit the topic title then. xD

Fantasist

Don't forget to use the Resource Tester to reduce the filesize. My connection is not really... convenient, so I'd appreciate a small download size :)

GAX

Demo uploaded and re-uploaded due to a graphics error, enjoy!

Diokatsu

Swet my first RPG maker game xD bound to be fun

unless you consider ....nahh not a game more like a  broken demoxD

GAX

TIME FOR SOME GRAVEDIGGIN'!

I'm working on this like crazy these days.  I'll have a new demo ready soon as I've nearly completed the starting zones, along side a few of the first towns.

Be ready people, this should be awesome d^_^b

fugibo

Lol, I remember back in the day when I hacked myself in to Rune's slot. Good times, good times.

GAX

Grrr...alright, GAX needs someone interested in doing a little mapping...anyone?

Blizzard

... What kind of mapping? Which tileset? How many maps? Which map size?

GAX

Castle Town (effectively Luvia, but with a couple small residential districts, a place near the center with a hotel and such, a fountain area dead center, a church area, and a shopping district).

And a simple castle to go along with it, that's what is mainly hanging me up...for Chapter 1 I've already got both ports, the Forest Town, and the Mountain (Snow) Town.  Just gotta finish up my forest area, make a swamp, do some cutscene maps, and complete like, 3 dungeons and I could start testing and balancing the system, then setup the Castle Town and boom, I could make all of Chapter 1 by the end of the year.

GAX

Alright, guess I can supply some updates...

I'm not mapping at the moment because I'm preparing some artwork, Rivendal will have a new battler in the next demo, and Kain probably will too, and also Syba if I can figure out how to draw him older.

The database doesn't look half bad, I've got creatures and a lot of battlers were recently taken care of thanks to a few resource sites I stumbled upon, these will hold over for the time being (I'm expecting to replace all battler images by the time I release a final version of this game, really make this project my own).

Thanks to G_G, a lot of the systems are coming to light and I've really gotta thank him for his help in creating a few systems for CF, a few of which will be released to the public.

Anyone interested in assisting with the mapping work, contact me via MSN or PM @ GuardianAngel72@hotmail.com

Blizzard

I see. I thought you might need some natural maps like caves, etc. I'm kind out of mapping tasks in CP and I feel the itches to do a few maps. ;>_>

Calintz

Okay, so I played a portion of the outdated DEMO.
I really enjoyed it, so hurry up. I would like to play a new DEMO with better updated maps.

GAX

Quote from: Blizzard on October 26, 2009, 05:24:12 am
I see. I thought you might need some natural maps like caves, etc. I'm kind out of mapping tasks in CP and I feel the itches to do a few maps. ;>_>

lol, I have a cave that needs to be done...the cave system that leads to Ataraxia =3

and also an ice cave that'll be used for a part of the story

Blizzard

GAX

Sweet! ^_^

Now if only I could draw Rivendal's hand for this battler and get Rune's battler finished up.

GAX

Drew the hand (yay!), battler's mostly completed...anyone good at coloring in photoshop or something?  The color work I can do in SAI is very limited without a tablet...and I'm not exactly good at coloring with it yet  :stupid:

Next up:  Rune and Kain

GAX

Working on Rune, just gotta give him a little meat on his bones...skinny little bitch right now XD

And apparently my muse made me draw Saiatta...Saiatta wasn't even on my list but he does appear in Chapter 1...

More scripts are being made (yay!), I owe G_G and shdwlink cookies...

Now I just need some maps and it's all set.

Magus

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

GAX

Did the old demo go down?  I'll work on it in a bit.  I'm going to update the first post in a little bit with more information.  My semester just ended and I did a quick fix on my laptop, so I'll be able to do more work on this project.  ETA on a new demo will not be given though, because of the new additions to the game's start and such.  Don't worry, this project isn't canceled, it's just that I've been really busy.

GAX

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

GAX

You'll find out soon, just working out some details right now regarding the game before I release what I've got so far.

GAX

Okay, just to give a little info:

There is going to be two demos I'm considering:

Basic Demo:  This will be the second one finished, but will be the standard.  It will be the first 3 chapters of Chaotic Fury and likely will take the same route as Chaos Project.  I also plan to do Episodic Releases once I get a little further down the road.  They'll be released as the chapters are finalized and I'll likely have them out on an average of one a month.  This is a big game and releasing one giant package will be...hell.  I figure an Episodic Release Schedule will benefit the game greatly.  I will include a change log for those who want to consider starting over.

Battle Evaluation Demo:  This one revolves around what is currently holding up the above releases.  I'm currently in the process of working out how the battle system is working and sending it over to a trusted coder who if he feels the need can post here (it's not Blizzard, so don't ask).  The coder has other projects at the moment as well and we're doing a sort of exchange in order to make sure neither of us falls behind schedule.

The Battle Evaluation Demo will be the first released and I expect some good critique on it, as this is a rather important factor to the flow of the game itself.

GAX

Semester just ended, I will get back to work but there probably wont be a decent release until ARC sees the light of day.  I'll try and have Chapter 1 ready for all of you though =D.

Blizzard

Lol, another project starting to depend on ARC even before it was released. xD

GAX

Well, Arc looks promising and I'd like to use CF to promote it further.  That and I am getting sick and fucking tired of the rather limited layers I have for mapping.

sanggameboy

Wow, look is so nice but you not post some pictures ???
Look sad  :roll:

GAX

I have been kinda lacking in the picture department as of late because of some other rather...annoying problems in my personal life that were preventing me from doing some decent work.  I'm gonna try and crank out some stuff on the side while working on my Animation class this semester.  Some may be pictures of assets for the 2.5D Chaotic Fury I wanna make, others will be for the RMXP/ARC version.

GAX

I should probably be prodded atleast bi-weekly to get some mapping progress done.  Anyways, I finally figured out how to get 2 of the cities right.  They look incredibly nice right now and I just have to set their tilesets up.  I'm quite proud of myself as these particular maps have been hurting me for a while.  The basic events are copy-paste and then the story stuff shouldn't be much harder.

It's coming, slowly it is coming, and when it comes you may need to take a shower.

GAX

Updates
-Updated First Post
-Added Screen Shot
-Beaten savagely by Blizzard
-Baking cupcakes for Winkio
-Throwing Ponies and Game_guy
-Humming Songs with Ryex
-Ogling NAMKCOR
-Poking Aqua
-Wishing Mark a happy birthday!

MarkHest

I am looking forward to the game!!

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote-Wishing Mark a happy birthday!

-thanks GuardianAngelX72 :)

GAX

February 26, 2012, 04:09:50 pm #108 Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:43:42 pm by Darth Lonfyre
Update:
Taking about 12 steps backwards now.

I may try to have a basic demo done but I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point.  I no longer have someone working on the battle system, so the motivation I had is just not there anymore.

Sorry guys, was really lookin forward to this myself.

-GAX

EDIT:
I'm still mapping and setting up events, it's just that my current version doesn't have a battle system setup and by extension none of the skills are actually setup.  They're there, they just don't do shit.

Finishing up Den Manor as I type this.

Blizzard

winkio

Hey, it just didn't end up working out, nothing I could do.

Zexion

GAX

o.o I think Blizzy is just taking out his disappointment, he's been waiting for me to finish CF for about as long as I've been working on it, lol...

Blizzard

CF >>>> CP in terms of development time. It took me 4 years to finish CP, it took GAX over 4 years to release a demo. Hey, he hasn't even released it yet. ._.

GAX

Magus

Quote from: Blizzard on May 23, 2011, 02:12:53 pm
Lol, another project starting to depend on ARC even before it was released. xD

I'm a bit guilty here... I cancelled Flame of Life 3 because it was supposed to be an Arc project but since its not released, I decided to remake the first two games just to buy time.

I want my first Arc game to XXX epic XD
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

GAX

I'm working on an RMXP version in the interim, just using the time I do have available while also screwing with other projects.

Still working out a demo, going to see if I can shoot for this year XD.

GAX

Update:

I was planning on releasing the demo on April 1st but the current incompleteness of the project along with my schedule being the way it was that day forced me to postpone the demo.

The mapping is effectively done, and all that is really holding me back is the battle system (I was trying to bastardize Spheris using a few existing scripts but it just didn't work as intended).

It's still underway, just slowly.

GAX

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Alright, I am still working on this and my spring semester is about to come to a close so I'm posting since I want to get a more than stellar demo out for everyone.

I am going to list what I currently NEED right now in order to make this demo right.

Right now I'm looking for someone who is willing to sprite for my game.  This involves not only the overworld characters but also side-view battlers.  As it stands this will include probably 5 or 6 side view characters.

Also, I am currently looking for someone who is willing and able to code the battle system (this will be extensive, if you are interested in working on this please PM me ASAP w/ links to examples of your work).

The rewritten prologue is almost ready barring a few more events.  The prologue is also a base for the first chapter (Prologue + First Chapter shouldn't take any longer than an hour and a half to two hours), so once it is done the rest of the events easily flow from there.

Anyone interested in helping with the game, please PM me with what you can help me so we can make arrangements.

Thanks in Advance to all who can help.

GAX

May 10, 2012, 01:11:27 am #119 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:16:53 am by GuardianAngelX72
Chaotic Fury Requiem of Sanity 2008 Demo posted!

I was cleaning a hard drive and found this file and thought people might want to see how far I have come in terms of my ability in mapping and writing dialogue.

The 2012 Demo is on the way, it's just going to take a bit more time.

Quote from: Blizzard on February 27, 2012, 02:19:41 am
CF >>>> CP in terms of development time. It took me 4 years to finish CP, it took GAX over 4 years to release a demo. Hey, he hasn't even released it yet. ._.

lol, I think in total CF has been in development for 8 years.

Granted, I have gone through atleast 5 iterations of the game and the current version is the final story draft, but I have still been working on this for about 8 years (1 year on this version).

GAX

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/GuardianAngel72/CFROS/CF_BattlePreview01.png

Another Update, getting closer to demo release with each day (just need to make this battle system play nice with ToA and CRLS).