[ARC][XP]Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity (2012 Demo Underway!)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Semester just ended, I will get back to work but there probably wont be a decent release until ARC sees the light of day.  I'll try and have Chapter 1 ready for all of you though =D.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Lol, another project starting to depend on ARC even before it was released. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Well, Arc looks promising and I'd like to use CF to promote it further.  That and I am getting sick and fucking tired of the rather limited layers I have for mapping.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

sanggameboy

Wow, look is so nice but you not post some pictures ???
Look sad  :roll:

GAX

I have been kinda lacking in the picture department as of late because of some other rather...annoying problems in my personal life that were preventing me from doing some decent work.  I'm gonna try and crank out some stuff on the side while working on my Animation class this semester.  Some may be pictures of assets for the 2.5D Chaotic Fury I wanna make, others will be for the RMXP/ARC version.

GAX

I should probably be prodded atleast bi-weekly to get some mapping progress done.  Anyways, I finally figured out how to get 2 of the cities right.  They look incredibly nice right now and I just have to set their tilesets up.  I'm quite proud of myself as these particular maps have been hurting me for a while.  The basic events are copy-paste and then the story stuff shouldn't be much harder.

It's coming, slowly it is coming, and when it comes you may need to take a shower.

GAX

Updates
-Updated First Post
-Added Screen Shot
-Beaten savagely by Blizzard
-Baking cupcakes for Winkio
-Throwing Ponies and Game_guy
-Humming Songs with Ryex
-Ogling NAMKCOR
-Poking Aqua
-Wishing Mark a happy birthday!

MarkHest

I am looking forward to the game!!

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote-Wishing Mark a happy birthday!

-thanks GuardianAngelX72 :)

GAX

February 26, 2012, 04:09:50 pm #108 Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:43:42 pm by Darth Lonfyre
Update:
Taking about 12 steps backwards now.

I may try to have a basic demo done but I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point.  I no longer have someone working on the battle system, so the motivation I had is just not there anymore.

Sorry guys, was really lookin forward to this myself.

-GAX

EDIT:
I'm still mapping and setting up events, it's just that my current version doesn't have a battle system setup and by extension none of the skills are actually setup.  They're there, they just don't do shit.

Finishing up Den Manor as I type this.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Hey, it just didn't end up working out, nothing I could do.

Zexion

GAX

o.o I think Blizzy is just taking out his disappointment, he's been waiting for me to finish CF for about as long as I've been working on it, lol...

Blizzard

CF >>>> CP in terms of development time. It took me 4 years to finish CP, it took GAX over 4 years to release a demo. Hey, he hasn't even released it yet. ._.

GAX

Magus

Quote from: Blizzard on May 23, 2011, 02:12:53 pm
Lol, another project starting to depend on ARC even before it was released. xD

I'm a bit guilty here... I cancelled Flame of Life 3 because it was supposed to be an Arc project but since its not released, I decided to remake the first two games just to buy time.

I want my first Arc game to XXX epic XD
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

GAX

I'm working on an RMXP version in the interim, just using the time I do have available while also screwing with other projects.

Still working out a demo, going to see if I can shoot for this year XD.

GAX

Update:

I was planning on releasing the demo on April 1st but the current incompleteness of the project along with my schedule being the way it was that day forced me to postpone the demo.

The mapping is effectively done, and all that is really holding me back is the battle system (I was trying to bastardize Spheris using a few existing scripts but it just didn't work as intended).

It's still underway, just slowly.

GAX

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Alright, I am still working on this and my spring semester is about to come to a close so I'm posting since I want to get a more than stellar demo out for everyone.

I am going to list what I currently NEED right now in order to make this demo right.

Right now I'm looking for someone who is willing to sprite for my game.  This involves not only the overworld characters but also side-view battlers.  As it stands this will include probably 5 or 6 side view characters.

Also, I am currently looking for someone who is willing and able to code the battle system (this will be extensive, if you are interested in working on this please PM me ASAP w/ links to examples of your work).

The rewritten prologue is almost ready barring a few more events.  The prologue is also a base for the first chapter (Prologue + First Chapter shouldn't take any longer than an hour and a half to two hours), so once it is done the rest of the events easily flow from there.

Anyone interested in helping with the game, please PM me with what you can help me so we can make arrangements.

Thanks in Advance to all who can help.

GAX

May 10, 2012, 01:11:27 am #119 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:16:53 am by GuardianAngelX72
Chaotic Fury Requiem of Sanity 2008 Demo posted!

I was cleaning a hard drive and found this file and thought people might want to see how far I have come in terms of my ability in mapping and writing dialogue.

The 2012 Demo is on the way, it's just going to take a bit more time.

Quote from: Blizzard on February 27, 2012, 02:19:41 am
CF >>>> CP in terms of development time. It took me 4 years to finish CP, it took GAX over 4 years to release a demo. Hey, he hasn't even released it yet. ._.

lol, I think in total CF has been in development for 8 years.

Granted, I have gone through atleast 5 iterations of the game and the current version is the final story draft, but I have still been working on this for about 8 years (1 year on this version).