[ARC][XP]Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity (2012 Demo Underway!)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

yeah :P but it might be a bit hard to find the right amount because it's a bit unrealistic for someone to tell someone where everything is in game when that's there home

Blizzard

Yeah, but they could jokingly say "You still know his house is in the south eastern corner of the town, do you? Hahaha!"
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

yeah I'm trying to get the right mix in my game atm the hardest thing I've come across so far in all the games is making the dialogue between non important NPCs realistic I try to make them all have a family and give them all bios in word and it helps make it more realistic and involves the player more
*sorry for offtopicness GAX*

Fantasist

Played the demo GAX, really good, loved the music :)

Error report: When you fight the Luna thing in the castle after it absorbs the girl, there's an error with the PNG filter. It says "Ignoring some stupid channel error" and when I click OK a couple of times the battle starts but there's no batleback. I think you should save tha BBack again, some graphical problem. I believe it's Vista related.

I think the maps could be more lively too.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Sally

GAX

Quote from: Fantasist on January 17, 2008, 11:39:57 am
Played the demo GAX, really good, loved the music :)

Error report: When you fight the Luna thing in the castle after it absorbs the girl, there's an error with the PNG filter. It says "Ignoring some stupid channel error" and when I click OK a couple of times the battle starts but there's no batleback. I think you should save tha BBack again, some graphical problem. I believe it's Vista related.

I think the maps could be more lively too.

It sounds Vista related, but not the part about the battle back missing.
I played through it myself, and the Battle Back was damaged and wont show up.

I'll post the Battle Back in a little bit, although it's just a temporary one, and the one I plan to use for the area is going to be a modified version of Blizzard's Tower Roof Battle Back (Nearly finished with it, I hope it's okay that I'm editting it)

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Of course it is. I mean, I made it myself by putting the bridge back and the sky panorama together. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

COMING NEXT DEMO! (WORKING MY ASS OFF ON THIS)
-Expanded Den Castle (Hmm, 7 maps is good...BUT HOW'S A GOOD 20+?!)
-Random Battles Semi-Ready (Some monsters may be too weak, some may be too strong, some may just not be there)
-New Area:  Allius Forest (The Story Continues...)
-New Area:  Town of Allius (...And Continues...)
-New Area:  Allius Mountains (...And Continues...)
-New Area:  Mountain Ruins (...This is just getting annoying, eh?)
-CHAOSDRIVE ACTIVE (Fire + Darkness = WHOAH!)
-Weapons Available for Purchase
-Armor Available for Purchase
-Item shops OPENNED!
-Sidequest:  A Pirate's Misfortune (Great reward at the end...of coruse, this side-quest isn't going to be finished, just a little taste)
-Sidequest:  The Brothers Almanac (Holy crap...if one lady had this many kids...)
-Sidequest:  A Father's Legacy (This one will make you people laugh HARD)
-Synthesis Workshop (Might) be open (Make your own weapons!)
-SO YOU WANNA BE A MASTER..PO-KE...wait, wrong thread. *Ahem* Mastery Shops open...
-Tons of Addons is getting put through the ropes

I'm hoping to have a demo ready when I can.  Honestly, I'm using multiple project files to make this.  I've got one for modifying the database, another for map experimentation for later parts of the story, another for a secret that involves New Game PLUS, and then my main project where the story develops...DAYOM this is a bitch...

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Sally

Calintz

I'm not trying to be an ass Guardian, but have you thought of maybe getting a new TitleScreen??

GAX

lol, the new one isn't the final one.  That's like, something I whipped up in a few minutes.

Punn

You shouldnt reveal  such details yet, as a game creator you gotta make people satisfied, but your giving away all your secret.  :P

Blizzard

Fantasist

OMG! Hero for rescue!

I'm looking forward to the update and probably a different title this time :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

GAX

lol, okay, I'm gonna tell you now, that's like, no where near as much as is going to be added, that's merely a simplicity, and because a lot of the stuff was active in the original demo for Chaotic Fury (Which has disappeared from the Internet...).  Believe me, I got some stuff up my sleeves.

Fantasist

Looking forward to it all the more, then ^_^

GAX

Okay, I wanna reveal a few things about CF.

Firstly, the game consists of 13 Chapters, no including bonus stuff or the prologue.

The demo will only contain about 3 to 5 of these chapters in its final version (The other chapters will be released in the final).

So far, I've almost finished out writing the event structure of the first chapter, which is called "Warrior".

I'm writing out the monster structure too, but I need to ask everyone a favor on this one...

SEND ME MONSTER IDEAS!

Here's the Monster Idea form, which I'll probably end up putting in the main post later:

Monster Name: (Because they all need a name (Some subject to change))
Monster Genus: (Beast, Bird, Demon, etc.)
Monster Difficulty: (Between 1 and 10)
Monster Battler: (I need a battler for any creatures submitted)
Brief information about monster: (Where it would be found, how often one would encounter it, would it travel with others of its own species, special abilities, status effects in battle, attack types, etc.)

i want to get random battles in as soon as possible, so it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can get their creature ideas in quickly.

nerissya

The demo is just so beautiful, plain awesomeness. BUT.

I had the same error so i couldnt continue playing.  And also, the battle didnt start but the game closed. :'(

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Calintz

Sounds great!!

I just didn't want to see this game tainted by a bad title, waiting to see the new one!!

GAX

Instead of Chaotic Fury - Beyond Sanity, I changed the name to Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity, which will reference an event in the story.

And I've looked into the error and found that it's actually because the image file that's used for the background in that battle is damaged, and I'm in the process of replacing it right now, just be patient.  I can't make another demo until I'm done with the first chapter though.