[ARC][XP]Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity (2012 Demo Underway!)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Blizzard

I liked "Beyond Sanity" more, but then again, it's your game.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Well, here's the thing, the first play through the game is the Requiem of Sanity, while at the moment, the plan is my version of And Again... is actually called Beyond Sanity, which will feature some extras in terms of a storyline (Including the possibility at the moment that you will start off from another character's point of view).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Great idea. <3

And again is very simply to make. I just store the mutliplicator value in $game_system and apply it when you earn EXP in battle.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

lol, I remember testing the original demo and finding a butload of errors (boy, are those easy to make). Did you ever add DREAM to the game after I hacked the savefile?

Nortos

lol you hacked his savefile? Sure was nice :P

Blizzard

I hacked the savefile, too. <_<;
In fact, I was going to make a savefile hacker for personal purposes. But then again, I don't play RMXP games much, so I don't have too much of a need for it.

fugibo

Plus there's the fact that you would have to make a system for script compatiblity. And resources. Which would require RGSSAD hacking. Which uses a MODIFIED Zlib. So I can't hack it o_o

nerissya

Quote from: WcW on February 29, 2008, 05:26:07 pm
Plus there's the fact that you would have to make a system for script compatiblity. And resources. Which would require RGSSAD hacking. Which uses a MODIFIED Zlib. So I can't hack it o_o

wtf advanced stuff?

*backs out of the room slowly*

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

fugibo

Not that advanced - RGSSAD is the encrypted file that holds resources and scripts. It uses a modified version of the Zlib compression library. Simple, ain't it?

Blizzard

It would be easy to hack the encryption. All I had to do would be encrypting a couple of files into rgssad and into normal zip. Then I have to figure out the differences and the meaning of the modified data. This is practically all I need. But I don't do reverse engineering, it's illegal.

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

nerissya

Quote from: WcW on February 29, 2008, 07:31:13 pm
Not that advanced - RGSSAD is the encrypted file that holds resources and scripts. It uses a modified version of the Zlib compression library. Simple, ain't it?

I C WAT U DID THAR!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

fugibo

GAX

Chaotic Fury Demo v. 2.3.0 will likely be out some time in May (the game has gone through mutliple revisions).

Of course, it probably wont have the long version number, it's actually going to be called Chaotic Fury XtRA Edition Demo v. 1.0.0, and will include quite a few things.  So far, it's going to include the following:

Systems:
DREAM encrption for Savefiles
In-Menu Party Switching (Hopefully...)
Advanced CRLS
Advanced Message System
Large use of ToA

Storywise:
Chapter 1:  Warrior will be the only playable chapter so far.

It's possible that I'll be doing a Closed-Beta of the game, but it's not fully plausible.  If anyone's interested, just say so and I'll decide if you can or cannot be in the closed-beta.

I need bug reports for the current demo though, so anyone who can offer help, speak up.  Also, I need people to find as many grammar/spelling errors as they can, because I may not be able to actually put the new events into the game yet (Too busy), but I am capable of correcting errors with my current demo.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

GAX

Well people I have to curse the Senior Project...it killed my time...

So here's the deal, I hope to have atleast a minimal demo out by May (this will be 2.3.0) while in August I hope to have a 3.x.x version out, or I'll just change it to the Advance Demo.  I'm working on the database work while I try and figure out how I'm gonna setup the next maps which I have written down on paper but not drawn yet.  So far, I've got quite a bit of the Weapon Database done (almost 100 weapons and I'm not even like, 1/10 done...although I'm sure I may have to omit some stuff X( ).

If anything I'll get a little further than obtaining Rune's first Chaos Drive before the end of the next demo, it shouldn't be too hard.

GAX

Alright, got a new update.  The end of May is approaching, and with that the end of my Senior Project.  After making my presentation which will occur on either May 28 or May 29, I will finally be able to resume work on Chaotic Fury at full speed.  I have already written a large part of the database in terms of names, and all I need to do is put in new weapon stats, monster stats, and skill stats.  The next demo will ofcourse have and incomplete database, but it's enough so far to actually be usable in the demo.  Also note that the next demo may not have the Den Castle Dungeon ready, that's actually a pretty intensive part of the prologue, and it will take some time to complete.  I guarantee one thing though, you'll have a chance to play around with the Chaos Drive system.

More to come soon, and if anyone can, does anyone know where I can find some good resources for monster battlers?  I've already got a lot of them saved up from RPGRevolution, but I need ones based off basic animals.

GAX

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews