[ARC][XP]Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity (2012 Demo Underway!)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

Swet my first RPG maker game xD bound to be fun

unless you consider ....nahh not a game more like a  broken demoxD

GAX

TIME FOR SOME GRAVEDIGGIN'!

I'm working on this like crazy these days.  I'll have a new demo ready soon as I've nearly completed the starting zones, along side a few of the first towns.

Be ready people, this should be awesome d^_^b

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

fugibo

Lol, I remember back in the day when I hacked myself in to Rune's slot. Good times, good times.

GAX

Grrr...alright, GAX needs someone interested in doing a little mapping...anyone?

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

... What kind of mapping? Which tileset? How many maps? Which map size?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Castle Town (effectively Luvia, but with a couple small residential districts, a place near the center with a hotel and such, a fountain area dead center, a church area, and a shopping district).

And a simple castle to go along with it, that's what is mainly hanging me up...for Chapter 1 I've already got both ports, the Forest Town, and the Mountain (Snow) Town.  Just gotta finish up my forest area, make a swamp, do some cutscene maps, and complete like, 3 dungeons and I could start testing and balancing the system, then setup the Castle Town and boom, I could make all of Chapter 1 by the end of the year.

GAX

Alright, guess I can supply some updates...

I'm not mapping at the moment because I'm preparing some artwork, Rivendal will have a new battler in the next demo, and Kain probably will too, and also Syba if I can figure out how to draw him older.

The database doesn't look half bad, I've got creatures and a lot of battlers were recently taken care of thanks to a few resource sites I stumbled upon, these will hold over for the time being (I'm expecting to replace all battler images by the time I release a final version of this game, really make this project my own).

Thanks to G_G, a lot of the systems are coming to light and I've really gotta thank him for his help in creating a few systems for CF, a few of which will be released to the public.

Anyone interested in assisting with the mapping work, contact me via MSN or PM @ GuardianAngel72@hotmail.com

Blizzard

I see. I thought you might need some natural maps like caves, etc. I'm kind out of mapping tasks in CP and I feel the itches to do a few maps. ;>_>

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Okay, so I played a portion of the outdated DEMO.
I really enjoyed it, so hurry up. I would like to play a new DEMO with better updated maps.

GAX

Quote from: Blizzard on October 26, 2009, 05:24:12 am
I see. I thought you might need some natural maps like caves, etc. I'm kind out of mapping tasks in CP and I feel the itches to do a few maps. ;>_>

lol, I have a cave that needs to be done...the cave system that leads to Ataraxia =3

and also an ice cave that'll be used for a part of the story

Blizzard

GAX

Sweet! ^_^

Now if only I could draw Rivendal's hand for this battler and get Rune's battler finished up.

GAX

Drew the hand (yay!), battler's mostly completed...anyone good at coloring in photoshop or something?  The color work I can do in SAI is very limited without a tablet...and I'm not exactly good at coloring with it yet  :stupid:

Next up:  Rune and Kain

GAX

Working on Rune, just gotta give him a little meat on his bones...skinny little bitch right now XD

And apparently my muse made me draw Saiatta...Saiatta wasn't even on my list but he does appear in Chapter 1...

More scripts are being made (yay!), I owe G_G and shdwlink cookies...

Now I just need some maps and it's all set.

Magus

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

GAX

Did the old demo go down?  I'll work on it in a bit.  I'm going to update the first post in a little bit with more information.  My semester just ended and I did a quick fix on my laptop, so I'll be able to do more work on this project.  ETA on a new demo will not be given though, because of the new additions to the game's start and such.  Don't worry, this project isn't canceled, it's just that I've been really busy.

GAX

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

GAX

You'll find out soon, just working out some details right now regarding the game before I release what I've got so far.

GAX

Okay, just to give a little info:

There is going to be two demos I'm considering:

Basic Demo:  This will be the second one finished, but will be the standard.  It will be the first 3 chapters of Chaotic Fury and likely will take the same route as Chaos Project.  I also plan to do Episodic Releases once I get a little further down the road.  They'll be released as the chapters are finalized and I'll likely have them out on an average of one a month.  This is a big game and releasing one giant package will be...hell.  I figure an Episodic Release Schedule will benefit the game greatly.  I will include a change log for those who want to consider starting over.

Battle Evaluation Demo:  This one revolves around what is currently holding up the above releases.  I'm currently in the process of working out how the battle system is working and sending it over to a trusted coder who if he feels the need can post here (it's not Blizzard, so don't ask).  The coder has other projects at the moment as well and we're doing a sort of exchange in order to make sure neither of us falls behind schedule.

The Battle Evaluation Demo will be the first released and I expect some good critique on it, as this is a rather important factor to the flow of the game itself.