Let's talk about Nostradamus.

Started by Blizzard, June 03, 2009, 12:11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

There are only two things so say.

1. Prophecies that are so generic that they can apply to just about anything.

2. They have been "proven" to be right AFTER shit happened. Why did nobody use his predictions to predict something BEFORE it happens? Simple. It's too general, it can apply to anything.

The worst thing on all of this are low-lives who have nothing better to do than annoy other people, pull shit out of their ass and sell it off as Nostradamus' predictions. Example: 9/11 prediction. It was written by a Canadian student in 1997 for his essay about Nostradamus. Later a fifth line was added by somebody on the internet actually marking it pretty much as complete hoax, because Nostradamus never wrote in any different way than quatrains (four lines).

Discuss!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

You're leaving out the Sybil and the Mayans, both of which were big into the whole Apocalypse thing, particularly the Mayans (why the crap does everyone fall for that 2012 thing, though? That's ridiculous, the world ends in the year 100,000,000,000,000! If anyone gets this reference, you get ten free cookies)

Blizzard

Wrong topic. We talk about predictions here, not about apocalypse. *points to the other thread*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Oh, I meant that they made general prophecies too. Especially the Sybil, she predicted Jesus even. Of course, that doesn't count, since Isaiah and such (according to the Bible) did the same hundreds of years before.

Blizzard

True, but I am talking about more recent predictions and how people love to put words in other people's mouth. i.e. Nostradamus predicting 9/11.

impulszero

Quote from: Blizzard on June 03, 2009, 01:30:43 pm
9/11.

i bealive that 9/11 can even can be found in bible too, but like u said
Quote from: Blizzard on June 03, 2009, 12:11:37 pm
1. Prophecies that are so generic that they can apply to just about anything.

2. They have been "proven" to be right AFTER shit happened. Why did nobody use his predictions to predict something BEFORE it happens? Simple. It's too general, it can apply to anything.

I cant take propeths seriusly cuz they speek about crap bla,bla,bla and in the end they say : " u'l know were it happens"(i done this once)
OF COURSE I WILL KNOW WERE IT HAPPENS!
If the god damn meteor fall in front of my house, i think i notice that
If WWIII start in my country, i think i will notice that too
They all speek in riddles and enigmas, so pretty much can mean anything or nothing.
Nostradamus is no beather than that.
He is accurate as "kremen-ic prophetcy" or any other. The point of all prophetcy is thet u understand when it happens, and that is the point when the same proprthcy = vanity.
The proprths are of no use. Why? If they tell u your future,by u knowing your future, you change future, so automaticly futures changed in moment, so the future is yet again unknow.
i hope i dint miss the topic. :^_^':

note:("Kremen" is village on one mountain,and only blizz or somebody who can understand Croatian or similar language could read it. Point of this is that "kremen-ic prophetcy"(orig.tittle Kremensko PropĨanstvo) is most idiotic thing i ever read.)
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

fugibo

So I take it you haven't read Dianetics, then?

Also, are we gonna throw Scientology under the "is religion, so no discriminating" banner, or is it too stupid for that?

impulszero

Quote from: WcW on June 04, 2009, 02:41:41 am
So I take it you haven't read Dianetics, then?

Also, are we gonna throw Scientology under the "is religion, so no discriminating" banner, or is it too stupid for that?

errr, no. Should i?
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

fugibo

Blizzard

Note that it is Science Fiction as in fiction.

IMO Scientology is too stupid for that, but let's not bash it anyway. There are worse, i.e. Pastafarians. Let's not bash any of them, we're trying to have a serious debate here.