Does the supernatural exist?

Started by Daxisheart, June 03, 2009, 01:11:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxisheart

Definition of supernatural from Merriam Webster online dictionary: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe  ; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

Do you think that it exists? Ghosts, souls, religion, psychic telekinesis, does it exist?
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

Blizzard

Be very, very careful where you are going with this as religious debates are forbidden on this forum since they always end up in flame wars.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Do you believe that the Earth is the center of the universe, that the world is flat, that we are surrounded by giant bubbles, or that this is the best of all possible worlds?

The supernatural obviously exists, just not in the way you think. Obviously, it is the natural that we have yet to retcon in to the natural.

Daxisheart

Retcon? Wha?
Well, how does it exist in a way I don't know? Can you, like, give examples or something?
Me, I doubt that the supernatural exists. It's a bit far fetched and stuff like that for me. But I could see it existing, it's possible I guess, but my stand for now is that it sort of doesn't.
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?

fugibo

Yes, ye culturally-illiterate heathen, retcon!

I mean that it exists, but it's only "supernatural" because we aren't familiar with it yet. Once we discover it and accept it, we'll retcon our past beliefs so that it is natural.

Daxisheart

Meh, how about the things considered supernatural now, like the previously mention ghost, psychics, etc. I'm asking if you believe in their existence, as of now.

Vell

oh, it's real. but there's no real use in stating any reason as to why. you're just going to give a one-sided opinion, if past experiences can deliver any lasting truth to future behavior.

Kagutsuchi

I only believe in what can be scientifically proven. However I still find the supernatural exciting and fun ^^ Just don't talk to me about the 6th sense and that shit.

fugibo

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on June 03, 2009, 05:46:04 pm
I only believe in what can be scientifically proven. However I still find the supernatural exciting and fun ^^ Just don't talk to me about the 6th sense and that shit.

And Donna... there's something on your back....

/british television reference, which admittedly is _not_ the exact sentence the guy in the Pompeii episode said

impulszero

Quote from: Daxisheart on June 03, 2009, 01:33:29 pm
Retcon? Wha?
Well, how does it exist in a way I don't know? Can you, like, give examples or something?
Me, I doubt that the supernatural exists. It's a bit far fetched and stuff like that for me. But I could see it existing, it's possible I guess, but my stand for now is that it sort of doesn't.

why do u start the topic then?
I could give u a ex. ,but i know how it will finish if i do, so i will not.

as for my opinion, i do bealive in super-natural: Ghost, Magic, Powers, Gods, Demigods, Wiches,Astral Line , Astral Projection, Past/Future Life, Other World.... U name it...
(o.k. not all the crap but good part)

<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

fugibo

Quote from: impulszero on June 04, 2009, 02:01:54 am
Quote from: Daxisheart on June 03, 2009, 01:33:29 pm
Retcon? Wha?

why do u start the topic then?
I could give u a ex. ,but i know how it will finish if i do, so i will not.

as for my opinion, i do bealive in super-natural: Ghost, Magic, Powers, Gods, Demigods, Wiches,Astral Line , Astral Projection, Past/Future Life, Other World.... U name it...
(o.k. not all the crap but good part)

Do you even realize how HORRIBLE that green highlight is? I can hardly read what you typed. How about just using [b][/b]?

Seox

Quote from: WcW on June 03, 2009, 02:07:09 pm
Yes, ye culturally-illiterate heathen, retcon!

I mean that it exists, but it's only "supernatural" because we aren't familiar with it yet. Once we discover it and accept it, we'll retcon our past beliefs so that it is natural.

Interesting philosophy...And it proves true. Funny how, TECHNICALLY, that means that the supernatural DOESN'T exist....because until we know about it, it doesn't effect us or etc, and when we do - it's no longer supernatural. You could argue that SOOOO many different ways. Either way...

Retcon.

Retcon.

Sounds all coo-wahl.

seox_vocabulary += 'retcon'
print 'Kthx'

^_^
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

fugibo

NAWO!!!! Just us seox_vocabulary.push <obj>

Seox

Quote from: Longfellow on June 19, 2009, 04:15:26 pm
NAWO!!!! Just us seox_vocabulary.push <obj>

Seox.cry
Seox.mood.delete("Good")

Lol
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)