Saving....

Started by jcsnider, January 29, 2008, 07:39:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jcsnider

It would be helpful to if possible to maybe make a tutorial on how to change where rpg maker xp saves like in a folder instead of save1 where the game.exe is.

Blizzard

Find in the script whereever it says Save. You can do a global search with CTRL+SHIFT+F. You will find it 3 times if I'm not wrong. Not simply change the Save to Saves/Save and the files will be in a folder called Saves. You can also use something different that Save and have savefiles that are called differently. You can also change the extension sav or rxdata (which it is, depends on the RMXP version) to any other extension you like. i.e. in my game I use Saves/Chaos and cps as extension.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

jcsnider

Thanks, I tried that once but only changed one of them, didnt find 3 and it didnt work, then it took hours to find it again and replace it to normal I wasn't too good with rpg maker back then, havn't got much better u can tell, thanks.

Calintz

You can add resolved in this tab, and lock this now <<  ;D