Modern Soldier Sprites?

Started by Seox, June 08, 2009, 08:12:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

Hiya. I've yet to see ANYTHING like what I need, so I'm pretty sure that I need custom sprites made.

I need something like this: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/interceptor-deltoid-image1.jpg

That camouflage pattern is absolutely NECESSARY, I think, for recognization. I'd really appreciate if someone could make one with a helmet, one without, one black (as in skin color), and possibly one with hair sticking out of helmet, or two hair types, just for variation. The 7-8 main characters will all look very similar, so any versatility is GOLDEN.

I'd REALLY appreciate any help possible, here. I posted the same request a few months back, and a few people said that they might be able to help, but it never really got anywhere. Didn't wanna bring that one back from teh dead (would that even be considered necroposting?).

Anyways, thank you, VERY MUCH, for even considering helping me out. I can event pretty well, and modify scripts and stuff, but I totally suck when it comes to spriting.

Please and thank you ^_^
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Sally

June 08, 2009, 08:24:31 pm #1 Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:29:34 pm by Sally
Google my friend. it saves lives.

EDIT:
ok.. nvm i checked google for you, went on the first few pages and gave up, sorry. maybe someone will do this.   

[muble]i thought for sure google would have something.[/mumble]

Seox

Thanks for looking ^_^

I kinda knew that they wouldn't be easy to find, if they exist at all, since the majority, and I mean the VAST, VAST MAJORITY of rpg's seem to be set in more of a "fantasy" genre.

Meh. Hoping someone has the time, XD. That's the best and worst part- my game is surely unique, but that means that it'll be hell to get sprites/tilesets/etc.

Thanks again.

Jackolas

you need battlers ore the chars you walk around with?

Seox

The walk-arounds. I use a battle system that uses charsets, so I won't need battlers.

scoace13

June 11, 2009, 08:56:14 am #5 Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:04:37 am by scoace13
um gimme a sec i have tons of these ill upload my charset file and get some to you right away

theres only 15 diffrent sprites but that all i have sorry if its not enough

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p89ghe
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Calintz

Did you create these yourself Scoace13??

scoace13

June 11, 2009, 04:36:46 pm #7 Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:37:58 pm by scoace13
no..but i don't know who did i grabbed them from a German website and don't know which ones the name...
i routinely go through rmxp websites to update my rtp with extra stuff
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Calintz

Good, because I didn't want to insult your work, Lol.
They are done VERY poorly, Lol.

scoace13

i though i could help...though i would like to learn some spriting cause i can only do it with the help of a premade sprite program as of now.

Calintz

You don't need a program ...
You just need Paint man.

Vell

which reminds me. Hey Calintz, remember back when I left CP? I sent you a pm asking for a tutorial,a nd you said it'd be up in a few weeks? did you actually finish that, or...?

fugibo

Quote from: Calintz16438 on June 11, 2009, 05:36:51 pm
You don't need a program ...
You just need Paint man.

The version in Win7 is quite fancy.

Calintz

You left, I left, we all left and came back :P.

I've never gotten around to it, because I started my full-time job, and since then I haven't done much at all but work.

Seox

June 14, 2009, 10:38:17 am #14 Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:02:35 pm by Seox
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm getting a file called AVG self-extracting...etc. When I try to install, it tries to install some AVG addon, so I'm not able to look at them. Any ideas?

Regardless, thank you for posting them ^_^

EDIT:

BUMP. Anyone think they can do anything, or is doing something? Please and thank you ^_^

scoace13

June 15, 2009, 09:03:16 pm #15 Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:18:14 pm by scoace13
ill re upload them shortly...
btw this is compress inside rmxp so to veiw them you have to unpack it and go to the graphics folder...

edit: here they are again remember the above statement : http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8wixg

Seox

June 15, 2009, 09:08:24 pm #16 Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:54:40 pm by Seox
Sorry to trouble you >.<

Thanks a bunch, though!

EDIT: If anyone DOES happen to work on/get the urge to work on them, it would definitely make me all happyful (Yes, Happyful.). In exchange, I'd be MORE than happy to try to help with any necessary script edits. I can't do EVERYTHING, and I probably can't WRITE much, but I'm pretty good at tinkering and editing them. I just wanna give you guys incentive to help, because I know that sprites would be one of the best things, graphically, for my game right now. It looks very blah and not soldier-y atm.

And, by the way. It'd be AMAZING if someone could sprite a body, then a helmet, and then the face, which is blank and bald, or not even there. I could then rip hair, eyes, faces, skin colors/etc and make several unique soldiers that DON'T all look the same, with minimal work on your part. It'd be great if they could have minor variations in body type. IE, one wears sleeves rolled up, another has a vest on, and another has a rifle slung across back. Those are only three body types, but they can be mixed and matched.

AT THE LEAST, just a plain old soldier sprite with good detail. This game is character intensive, meaning it's very much about the growth of the characters, meaning I don't want some 8-bit-ers that you can't see very well.

That'd be VERY helpful. Please and thank you.

- Seox out.

EDIT: Bump?