The Game week

Started by Blizzard, June 09, 2009, 09:36:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuroth

What about Starcraft unit names? we choose Terran, Protoss, or Zerg and Blizz (Overmind) will randomly assign us a unit from that species? just an idea, tribute to the awesomeness of Starcraft and the (hopeful) awesomeness of Starcraft 2.  meh.

Blizzard

No, I think that's already trying to hard. Those few theme weeks pretty much came out of nowhere (read: I pulled them out of my ass). xD Let's a have a break after this week. It's day 2 and I'm already getting confused about some users that don't have avatars or signatures. i.e. I have no idea who you actually are. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Xuroth

blizzard is not going to support blizzard...<---huh?
I get it , it is VERY confusing especially since there is no way to get the names from the hex value. (i have a lil xp on the subject, trying once to create my own encryption algorithm)... Theme weeks are very fun, i even did Transsexual and Darth weeks at work... great return, (some people are just a  little TOO touchy about transgendered names... lol well I'll try to come up with another idea an post it during the next theme week...

Blizzard

That's why Transsexual week was optional for everybody who wanted. The last 3 weeks were generic so I made everybody participate.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

cstb

How 'bout a (VO.O)> Week? lol
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

King Munkey

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Blizzard

Ryex

lets take a rake from theme weeks!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

As I said earlier, we're going to. I'll probably end this week earlier. The confusion is still kinda fun, but it will most probably get annoying by the end of this week.

King Munkey

I don't find it confusing.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

fugibo

June 19, 2009, 09:28:19 pm #70 Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:34:18 pm by Longfellow
Hmm.

User * munkey = 0x4EE754AF;

<one GC later in Obj-C> i386 begs to differ.

EDIT: Wait, does 32-bit i386 use 8-digit Hexadecimal pointers? I'd think so, but you never no... this might try to right to the protected zone :V (what is the name for the zone where the program itself is stored? I'm kinda tired right now)

G_G

Hey wtf is up with my name!!?!?!??!?! :V::V:

Yea its confusing. Before I read this topic I was looking at scoace's project and saw the guy who posted it's name and I was like
"new member maybe?" Then I realized it was scoaces and thought
"Well theres more than one person on the team maybe thats his name"
then I saw thios topic....very confusing Darth Asshole :V:

fugibo

June 20, 2009, 07:49:02 pm #72 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:43:58 pm by Longfellow
Quote from: game_guy on June 20, 2009, 07:29:30 pm

Yea its confusing. Before I read this topic I was looking at scoace's project and saw the guy who posted it's name and I was like

Where have you been all week? 0_o

EDIT:

You can paste this into RMXP's script editor to find out what color your hash maps to:

username = <username_here_without_quotes>

s = Sprite.new
s.bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)
s.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 640, 480, Color.new((username & 0xff), (username & 0xff00) >> 8, (username & 0xff0000) >> 16, (username & 0xff000000) >> 24))

while not Input.trigger?(Input::C)
  Graphics.update
  Input.update
end

Ryex

please tell me that this ends tomorrow
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Quote from: Longfellow on June 20, 2009, 07:49:02 pm
Quote from: game_guy on June 20, 2009, 07:29:30 pm

Where have you been all week? 0_o

EDIT:

You can paste this into RMXP's script editor to find out what color your hash maps to:

username = <username_here_without_quotes>

s = Sprite.new
s.bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)
s.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 640, 480, Color.new((username & 0xff), (username & 0xff00) >> 8, (username & 0xff0000) >> 16, (username & 0xff000000) >> 24))

Graphics.update
  Input.update
end

Doesnt work I tried it with and without quotes I even tried it in between these < > it doesnt work

Reno-s--Joker

Keep tweaking... ew my colour sucks. It reminds me of terrible things.

*hides from impending interrogation from G_G*

fugibo

Mine was a slightly transparent purple :P

Blizzard

Quote from: Longfellow on June 21, 2009, 09:10:06 am
Mine was a slightly transparent purple :P

DF156F0D, hm...

OMG, MINE WOULD BE SLIGHTLY DARK PINK. ;_; At least it would be almost invisible due to 0D. xD
Also, that might be a very cool theme week if I could pull it off: Username color generated from the first 24 bit of it's 32 bit hash value. xD

fugibo

Oh, crap.

I generated the color backwards.

Crud.

*slaps self*

un = <name here, straight from the page>

s = Sprite.new; s.bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)
s.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 640, 480, Color.new((un & 0xff000000) >> 24, (un & 0xff0000) >> 16, (un & 0xff00) >> 8, (un & 0xff)))
  Graphics.update; Input.update
end

Blizzard

June 21, 2009, 09:24:53 am #79 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:26:31 am by Blizzard
Or you just use [color=#DF156F]YOUR TEXT HERE[/color]. :P

Also, your code doesn't work. It takes the actual name instead of the hash.

un = <name here, straight from the page>

un = un.hash
s = Sprite.new; s.bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)
s.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 640, 480, Color.new((un & 0xff000000) >> 24, (un & 0xff0000) >> 16, (un & 0xff00) >> 8, (un & 0xff)))
  Graphics.update; Input.update
end