Intelligence, sanity and beauty - Pick two

Started by Blizzard, June 10, 2009, 05:37:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Vell

If you do not remember I am paranoid and do not specify anything either way. yneos.

Calintz

LMAO, I don't have a list ...

Ulta
Spoiler: ShowHide
The truth is, that nothing you say even matters to me ... Nothing I say even matters to you ... I don't act or think the way you believe I do. You drew very fast assumptions because of they way you viewed my post. You actually became aggressive and fired back at my personal opinion.

I was raised to treat women with total respect and I do, and I NEVER said beauty was more important (another assumption you drew) I simply stated that it is necessary, and I hold true to that. I have my own beliefs as to why I think that, but I don't feel like talking about it, because it goes into primitive nature, and I don't think humans should be compared to animals at all.

There is so much I wanna say, but I'm so tired of typing, and you are just a forum buddy. It's kinda senseless, because I know who I am. I am very happy with who I am. My girlfriend loves me for who I am, and because I she has never met anyone like me.

I'm just gonna close easy by saying that I am very different from most guys. I'm not who you think I am, but it's so hard to get a particular perspective across when you can't see facial expressions, or a person's tone, and it's just too easy to misinterpret or draw assumptions.

I'm very nice to everyone in general. I knew everybody and considered 80% of every kid in my graduating class my friends. Missed Homecoming King by 2votes, and Prom King by 1!! Lol. Let bygones be bygones and move on though.

I don't want you hating me either because of my views either Ulta. I'm just saying. My personal views have landed me who I plan to marry, and she is my 1st real girlfriend. I have had a couple other, but they never got off the ground, because they were bad apples, Lol.

BTW:
*LVL up*
for your extensive conversation. I enjoyed it.

Diokatsu

June 12, 2009, 09:41:40 pm #43 Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:42:44 pm by Diokatsu
Jesus, I think you miss the point. Beauty isn't a one-shot deal. You can find someone beautiful after a long time just by spending time with a person. We aren't being modest, we're being real. Or, at least, I am. I'm not just spouting nonsense, it's true. Beauty, as it always has been, isn't fixed and your views on beauty can change.

The fact is, you can't say for sure whether any of these are even remotely static. You can find someone's intelligence, beauty, and sanity anytime during a relationship. Beauty is important yes, but beauty also fluctuates in each persons mind and what we once saw as hideous or merely average, can be turned beautiful given time. Sanity might even be relative to some degree, seeing as only the commonalities in people make some sane while others are sane. However, most people can tell a sane from insane person as society views them.I would say we all hold the value of intelligence to be similar, and yet their are obviously different types of intelligence! So fuck all of you, I'm just going to say this: women and men have different qualities that we all find attractive and every person and their preferences are unique and special.

I would prefer we do not argue this any futher, as I feel like this has gotten off Blizzards intention. This should be preferences, not the justification of them. Keep your reasons to yourself please.

Vell

yeah, I think everyone's said that at this point. whatever. yeah, Cal, I realize that now. If only I could explain things so most people can easily understand it without having to think extensively on the issue.

Calintz

DIO
Spoiler: ShowHide
You know ... you're not worth it Dio.

I placed all of my 'opinions and preferences' in clearly stated spoilers for Ulta.
We had our own conversation, while I left everything that was relevant to Blizzard's thread outside of those spoilers.

It's quite pathetic for people like you who fly in with that kind of arrogance, and use profanities and draw anger like you did upon someone else's opinion ... AN OPINION!! One that wasn't even meant for you!! Especially after the conversation has been settled (hence the final statement and lvl. up).

Anywho, to stay on track, I believe that you really can find all three qualities in a girl.
Should I be forced to choose however, I would say beauty and sanity. My reasoning for that, is that I don't suppose I care how smart a girl is. She could have an IQ of like 60 and I wouldn't care, so long as she can hold decent conversations. In turn, let's say that the man is a good conversation maker, then over time I'm sure she will be able to converse better even if she isn't that smart just because she is doing it all the time.

and vice versa on the genders ...

Diokatsu

June 12, 2009, 11:20:18 pm #46 Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:23:08 pm by Diokatsu
I used profanity once, in the my conclusion that was directed towards everyone. The entirety of that post was to explain how every one of those three values is relative to a degree and that we shouldn't be justifying of personal choices. Obviously you didn't read it carefully.

And I chose to argue a point not just against you Calintz, but against the entire nature of the thread thus far. Arrogance? There's no arrogance in my post, just some logic to help you with my thoughts. If that's arrogance, then debates must be distasteful to you.

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Calintz16438 on June 12, 2009, 11:14:34 pm
I believe that you really can find all three qualities in a girl.

But yeah my simplified contribution...

PERSONALITY > all three.

Within the three (for a short term relationship):
BEAUTY (hot sex plz) > INTELLIGENCE (assuming you are intelligent too) > SANITY (insane people are fun)

Within the three (for a long term relationship):
SANITY (if you have kids this is crucial and you also don't want to get stuck with an insane old woman trust me) > INTELLIGENCE (doesn't matter that much, but very handy) > BEAUTY (she'll get old and wrinkly and tired of sex anyways)

Blizzard

*enters the battlefield*

@Reno: Personality is not being discussed here. And I prefer character to personality any time. She might be funny and interesting, but that isn't worth shit if she won't hesistate to steal me blind. So please stay on topic. (~_^)d

@UltaFlame: I have asked for people's opinion about what I posted. People kept posting their opinions. Then you came in and started going offtopic by redefining sanity (which is one third of the topic) to whatever you like it. You are being annoying and I'm not going to put up with it anymore. You interpret everything around you the way YOU like it and then you turn a thread into something else. Stop TRYING to adapt. Either DO IT or LEAVE IT. It's not even 1% as complicated as you make it seem to be.

And of course I am pissed at you (again). You are going offtopic (again). Probably over 80%, maybe even 90% of your offtopic-going ended up in spam. You take something you see and you take it out of context (again). And then you rant about how I am pissed at you (again) because you deserved it (again).

That "your brain works differently" doesn't excuse not being able to read. Calintz (as he already stated) never said that beauty is the most important for him, yet you attacked him on that part. You obviously can read.

As for the rest, I know very well what kind of person you are, Ulta. And I have learned that I can minimize damage done by you if I cut you off in the very beginning.

@Dio. No, no, this topic is actually going quite well. You're just all being focused to much about other's opinions rather than stating your own. *points at Calintz and Ulta*

@Calintz: I know that it's POSSIBLE (even though extremely hard) to find a women featuring all three qualities, but that isn't the point. I don't even know what you are doing in this thread. You seem to have found one of these rare gems so GTFO. :D

@Ontopic: I have to agree with Calintz there. Beauty IS cruical in my decision. It's not the most important one, but it can definitely influence my decision to a degree that I won't seduce a woman. My only problem (or is it a problem?) is that my standards are quite high. I want a women I like physically and psychologically. I am not going to apologize for being what I am or for my desires as the one I am. And the first two things I am are a living human being and male, in that order.

AND in case nobody noticed, the three things we are discussing here are values that cannot be changed while your personality and your character CAN change over time. The only thing that can virtually be changed is beauty as it's a rather relative attribute.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

sanity can change. people have gone insane and became sane again.

Diokatsu

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 13, 2009, 05:41:29 pm

Obama can change....THE USA!

Vell

and really, intelligence can change too. you could be the smartest little geekfreak in your college and get all 100s but if you're forty and haven't done anything you might well be at the most of average intelligence.

fugibo

Quote from: Diokatsu on June 13, 2009, 05:54:25 pm
Quote from: UltaFlame on June 13, 2009, 05:41:29 pm

Obama can change....THE USA!

OH YEAH! A GM THAT CAN COMPETE INTERNATIONALLY AGAINST CARS WE ACTUALLY LIKE FTW!!!!! :V

Vell

oh, and Blizz. no need to act the mediator, the issue was solved without you

Calintz

My question now turns to Blizzard.
How could you live with the clinically insane!?!? I couldn't do it!!

fugibo

Quote from: Calintz on June 13, 2009, 07:41:48 pm
My question now turns to Blizzard.
How could you live with the clinically insane!?!? I couldn't do it!!

JD owns you here.

@ulta: do you want to get banned? 0_0

Calintz

Blizzard

Well... Who says that I am sane? Maybe I am insane, but I am aware of it so I act as if I'm not. Sociopaths and psychopaths are usually very charming individuals, did you know that? xD

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 13, 2009, 07:03:43 pm
oh, and Blizz. no need to act the mediator, the issue was solved without you

What are you talking about? I asked for people's opinions and I answered to them.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Calintz on June 13, 2009, 08:32:58 pm
As in JD and Silent Bob??

lol, I thought you said "how could you live without the clinically insane?"

In other news, I somehow managed to confuse Jack with JD. Dio, feel free to insult me over this >_<

Diokatsu

Quote from: Longfellow on June 14, 2009, 03:20:34 pm
Quote from: Calintz on June 13, 2009, 08:32:58 pm
As in JD and Silent Bob??

lol, I thought you said "how could you live without the clinically insane?"

In other news, I somehow managed to confuse Jack with JD. Dio, feel free to insult me over this >_<

I'm all good. You acknowledged it. Failure is only failure when we fail to notice.