Boss Battle Competition [Non-ABS][XP]

Started by Reno-s--Joker, June 13, 2009, 12:47:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shdwlink1993

June 29, 2009, 10:47:41 pm #100 Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:58:45 pm by shdwlink1993
#05: shdwlink1993

Considering that the deadline is only six months away, I might as well sign up now. :D

One question about the scoring guide: Would including a chiche for the purpose of lampshading it still count as a deduction?
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Starrodkirby86

shdw, I went on urbandictionary and they had a way different definition of that...*shudder*

Well, first of all, having a chiche wouldn't hinder your game at all. And I'm sure if you're parodying cliches, like most humorous RPGs do (Or satires), then they'll go through it.

...I bet Reno is out of hibernation...

And shdw come back :< I'm lonely

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

shdwlink1993

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on June 30, 2009, 12:26:41 am
Well, first of all, having a chiche wouldn't hinder your game at all. And I'm sure if you're parodying cliches, like most humorous RPGs do (Or satires), then they'll go through it.

Quote from: Boss Battle Competition Rules on June 13, 2009, 12:47:13 am
Deductions:
   Cliches

I suspect that satirizing them wouldn't be a deduction, but I'm paranoid about it, so there's my reasoning. XD

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on June 30, 2009, 12:26:41 am
shdw, I went on urbandictionary and they had a way different definition of that...*shudder*

Try this instead. Explains it much better than I could (The way I meant it to be taken, at least. XD
Stuff I've made:

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Reno-s--Joker

Hi shdw! :D Glad you could join and I hope I'm not too late in saying that yes, anti-cliché isn't cliché unless you use really cliché anti-cliché-ing methods. But yeah I can't think of many of those at the moment really (let alone think about anything else much)...

@Aqua: You are awesome. I totally didn't think of that. o.o;;

Sally

August 26, 2009, 03:06:34 pm #104 Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:09:29 pm by Sally
November is coming in about 3 more months, i hope everyone is still working on these Boss Battles, i know i slacked off a bit. but im still working for about 1-2hours a week.  :) Goodluck.

Edit: O sht, i still gotta  get in the tons of skills i have planed... oh no. and the boss is wayy to easy... :(
looks like i still have a few more days of work.

RoseSkye

August 26, 2009, 07:09:04 pm #105 Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:39:29 pm by RoseSkye
I'm in.. I'll have this pushover thing done in a very delayed heartbeat.. like a day or so.

Edit: Wow.. actually I'll drop out. I'm a bit too busy at the moment to do this.

Diokatsu

Don't do it Roseskye you were the best one :(

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

You guys are just saying that because its true. =(

That or the whole roofie I slipped in your drink to anally rape you.. multiple times...

Sally

Don't drop out, i need competition... :(

Valcos

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

RoseSkye

They're just taking a piss, Valcos. =/

I'm still awesome though. *Looks at self in mirror*

shdwlink1993

Well, I thought I might remind everyone that the contest ends TOMORROW. Also, I'm going to have to drop out, what with all the computer shenanigans that have been shenanigating around here as of late. Sorry for the inconvenience of not giving the three judges (one of which was banned, so nobody's sure as to if they'll be judging or not) more work to do for this awesome-sauce contest.
Stuff I've made:

Reno-s--Joker

So SRK told me about this situation and I understand you guys lol. :D
I for one will gladly spend my time doing some very overdue beta testing. D:

... yeah so I'll let this sit for another day and see what happens. ^_^' A moderator could/should take this off the sticky place if they'd wish. :P