Boss Battle Competition [Non-ABS][XP]

Started by Reno-s--Joker, June 13, 2009, 12:47:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Damn ...
I may enter this in time then.

Once I get my battle-system up and running at optimum performance; I can see creating a couple unique battlers and animations for this competition.

Reno-s--Joker

Yay! Just post your name using the code when you're 100% in. :)
I look forward to it! :P

Calintz

Alright ...
This is cool. This may be the best competition that's been held thus far.

Not only will it demonstrate the overall RMXP ability to create boss battles of the member's who participate, but will help those who are less fortunate. I say the winner of this competition's project should be stickied in the "Tutorials" Section.

Aqua

Whee.  I have an idea then.
Thanks Reno :P

And I didn't plan on having staged bosses either...

Hope no one minds that the enemies' battlers won't really match my *cough hand drawn cough* hero ones... :whistle:

Blizzard

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on June 14, 2009, 01:48:57 am
@Blizzard's rather strange question: (o____O lol I hope it's the drink) Yeah I guess so but I don't see why you would. D:

It wasn't the drink, but I had already started typing and I didn't want to post something stupid so I made up a relevant question. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reno-s--Joker

@Calintz: That would probably be a better prize (>_<) ... that is, if they have a Tutorial in the section. I'd also need the help of a mod/admin (no idea what their privileges are/aren't) to do that... *looks around*

@Aqua: No problem. :P Personally I like it when heroes look different from enemies. And it'd be really awesome if you did your own graphics! :D

@Blizzard: Lol! Good... yeah I do that a lot. >_>

Aqua

Valcos

Well... I cant have Aqua or Kirby win. So, my only choice is to sign up =/.

#01: Valcos
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Sally

June 15, 2009, 11:10:57 pm #28 Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:12:39 pm by Sally
ill sign up and try it...

is it alright if i do it in VX? you don't have a engine in the first topic...

and a question...
can you have a normal monster battle before or after the boss?

Reno-s--Joker

@Aqua and Valcos: Awesome, thanks guys! :P

@Sal: You're right! My bad... >_> It would be highly preferable if you did it in XP, if possible. If you can't then I guess we might be able to make an exception...
And in response to your other question - not unless they are a weak form of the boss or something. :) I sure hope that rule didn't ruin a good idea you had... >_<

Sally

June 16, 2009, 07:44:12 am #30 Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:47:02 am by Sally
Quote@Sal: You're right! My bad... >_> It would be highly preferable if you did it in XP, if possible. If you can't then I guess we might be able to make an exception...

well my rmxp stoped working... whenever i try to run it,
error: ShowHide

QuoteI sure hope that rule didn't ruin a good idea you had... >_<

oh, it did.

fugibo

Seox

Reno, I'd like to judge, if that's ok.

^_^

PWEEEEEEESE?

Really, *end obnoxious*, please? I'd like to be able to see what everyone else tries in the ways of creative bosses. 'Tis a learning experience!
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Valcos

Argh... no abs  :<_<:. There goes my idea -_-"....
-Oscar De La Hoya

Sally

can we have 4mobs in the battle at once? there all a part of the boss?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Sally on June 16, 2009, 01:35:47 pm
can we have 4mobs in the battle at once? there all a part of the boss?

Quote- Have more than one boss* (although it can take several forms)
* If you choose to do this, you cannot have several forms.

So in other words, you can have multiple enemies, but in expense you cannot have your boss taking more than one form. (Like regular form then go into crazy final boss form)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

That doesnt make sense... she says it can take several forms, then says you cant!!!!  :???:

Maybe, Im just reading it wrong... but, can someone explain it to me. :<_<:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

You can have several forms of a boss.

HOWEVER, if you have multiple enemies in the battle, you CANNOT have several forms of a boss.

Example:
If my boss is just some ultra gigantic robot, then I can have it take onto different forms.

But if my boss are two twins, I cannot have them change forms because there's more than one enemy.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Sally

can i have a easy form of the boss and a hard form of the boss? (player gets to "pick")

Valcos

What if you have twins.... but they fuse together? :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya