Boss Battle Competition [Non-ABS][XP]

Started by Reno-s--Joker, June 13, 2009, 12:47:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

Quote from: Valcos on June 16, 2009, 02:51:00 pm
What if you have twins.... but they fuse together? :huh:

I don't know what Kirby and Reno think, but, obviously, if it's that they fuse INSTANTLY, of course that should be OK. If you damage them first.....I don't know.

Sorry. Just trying to offer my $35.50
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Sally

June 16, 2009, 03:49:31 pm #41 Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:10:06 pm by Sally
oo nice nice...

im keeping my ideas secret.

almost done with the events before the battle, the actual battle is gonna be hard, because im not good at making awesome battles...

Starrodkirby86

I'm really wondering why people are at such a high progress level in their boss battle when the due date is about 5 months away from now.

That being said, I'm not going to procrastinate, but I'm working a semi-gung ho pace that's somewhat slow overall.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Seox

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on June 16, 2009, 05:04:02 pm
I'm really wondering why people are at such a high progress level in their boss battle when the due date is about 5 months away from now.

That being said, I'm not going to procrastinate, but I'm working a semi-gung ho pace that's somewhat slow overall.

Meh. If I were entered, I wouldn't be able to wait on starting, either. And usually, if you make something (in ANYTHING that you do,) then leave it for any significant period of time and return, you'll almost get the feel of what a player would, because you've nearly forgotten it. Point being, letting it "marinate" will allow you to better edit it, IMHO.

PS: AHHHHHH!!!! Kirby's AV changed!!!!

Sally

well... i started it this morning, and im almost done, now i just gotta put events into my Battle to make it interesting...

then im done,

Wait! the due date is 5months from now!! WTF RENO! >.<

King Munkey

It is for her return.
Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on June 13, 2009, 12:47:13 am
Time Limit:
Until the end of my (currently failing) hiatus!
i.e. Wednesday, 4th November
I will be lenient on the day because I can't be bothered converting timezones. :^_^':

I may or may not do it. I'll have to think of something before I decide.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Sally

your end of your hiatus, is in a week.

Valcos

Well... i guess you can make a 20 hour boss battle in 5 months  :???:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Sally

i can make a 50hour boss battle in 5months
>.<

Valcos

Lol... well, im probably not going to get to crazy with it just yet. :^_^':
-Oscar De La Hoya

Seox

Quote from: Sally on June 16, 2009, 09:15:26 pm
i can make a 50hour boss battle in 5months
>.<

Hell, why not just make a boss battle in which it NEVER ENDS?!?!?!

MUAHAHAHAH

Seriously though, if you guys go BLAZING into it this early, you'll get burned out. Pace yourselves - I think that your results will be exponentially greater. I hope that I get to judge, as I'd really like to see some unique battles.

^_^ Good luck.

Starrodkirby86

Why not tell Reno you want to sign up then?

QuoteI will accept three judges. Judges must have good enough internet to DL entries, enough time to play through them, a lack of bias, etc, etc. We will contact each other via PM on this forum or MSN if you want (but I'd rather not). I am a semi-judge (since my internet is so damn temperamental >_>)

Current Judges:
#1: game_guy
#2: UltaFlame
#3:

There's one spot open for you~

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Seox

Quote from: Seox on June 16, 2009, 12:19:20 pm
Reno, I'd like to judge, if that's ok.

^_^

PWEEEEEEESE?

Really, *end obnoxious*, please? I'd like to be able to see what everyone else tries in the ways of creative bosses. 'Tis a learning experience!

Meh. I posted this; it's about halfway through this topic, but I should prolly PM her.

^_^

Reno-s--Joker

Wow, a lot happened. Glad Seox awoke me from the dead... ^_^''

@Sal:
That's okay - I'll just have to ask the other judges to get VX so they can judge yours I guess. *pokes them* :xD:
And a hard and easy boss would count as a different form... nice idea about selecting the difficulty, btw... :D

@Seox:
Replied to PM and updated! Good to have you on the 'team' lol... ;)

@Kirby:
You're a legend... thanks for helping explain things. <333
<offtopic> I find it coincidence that I bought a bag today with "Vocaloid No. 2: Hatsune Miku" on it (not knowing wtf it was it just looked cool and asian) ... and then I looked at your sig. :D </offtopic>

@Valcos:
Oh noes! D: I hope you find a better idea... or otherwise you'll have to wait a million years for me to run an ABS competition I guess... >_>
Well... :shifty: you could always 'tell' us that they are technically one boss. :shifty:

@Munkey:
I hope you enter!!!!! :D

And about the long time period, I was mainly thinking you could use it for bug testing and perhaps enhancing your graphics and scripts to the maximum. I have pretty high expectations. :P Oh and for latecomers too. xD
But I agree it's hard not to start on something right away. D:

Blizzard

Eh, I skimmed through the topic a bit. What about transforming enemies? I mean DURING the battle. I've read the posts that a boss must not have many forms in consecutive battles.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

June 17, 2009, 08:31:18 am #55 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:12:27 am by Sally
aww damn reno your killing so many of my great ideas...  i gotta start all over now, beouse my cutscenes are more interesting than my battle now... >.<

QuoteAnd a hard and easy boss would count as a different form

but you will only be fighting one of them... not all 3...

Valcos

Cant I still use abs... but the character only fights the boss? Like there is no other enemys :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on June 17, 2009, 06:33:56 am
Eh, I skimmed through the topic a bit. What about transforming enemies? I mean DURING the battle. I've read the posts that a boss must not have many forms in consecutive battles.
Er...wouldn't that count as a boss taking on another form? Some famous RPGs do this, not like I know any. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Quote from: Valcos on June 17, 2009, 09:26:23 am
Cant I still use abs... but the character only fights the boss? Like there is no other enemys :huh:
Sure. If you have no other enemies in that battle, then the boss is allowed to take multiple forms. If you have multiple enemies in that battle, then the boss can't take another form.

I'm now getting a little confused over this whole thing, so I'll just represent whatever and ask out a few questions to Reno:

1) Do summons count as multiple enemies or not? In other words, if my boss uses a summon, can it still take another form?
2) What if your boss can split into different parts? Would that count as multiple enemies? For example, I take enough HP away from some bacteria boss, and then it splits in two. Would those two enemies count as multiple (It already went into a different form, mind you). Same thing vice versa, (Two things merge to make one)
3) So how do forms work? I always treated them as 'connected', but now you've just said to Sally that a hard version or an easy version of a boss counts as two different forms.

Valcos

Maybe we should just revise the rules? Just so there is no more confusion.  :???:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Seox

Quote from: Valcos on June 17, 2009, 12:33:06 pm
Maybe we should just revise the rules? Just so there is no more confusion.  :???:

Probably a good idea.

Thanks, Reno!

Hopefully I'm not Judge Ghis. Because Ghis is a gay name. And although the airship is cool, he has gay hair. W00T FFXII!

So, my first action as a judge will be to distribute ham sandwiches cocaine.... aww, forget it.

Good luck, everyone, and I'm glad to be on the team!