'Relationships', and the maturity of people as a whole

Started by Seox, June 13, 2009, 11:07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

Ulta, that's like saying cooking bacon is complex, just because a starving African couldn't do it.

My analogies fail really hard.

Valcos

Yeah... I have no clue what you are trying to say there :huh:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

fugibo

I'm saying that just because something's kinda scary and unusual at first, that doesn't mean that there's anything "complex" about it.

Seox

Quote from: Longfellow on June 18, 2009, 04:36:57 pm
Ulta, that's like saying cooking bacon is complex, just because a starving African couldn't do it.

My analogies fail really hard.

Also true, actually.

I guess it's all subjective. Meh.
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Valcos

Quote from: Longfellow on June 18, 2009, 05:30:55 pm
I'm saying that just because something's kinda scary and unusual at first, that doesn't mean that there's anything "complex" about it.

... o.O
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

You're all right. Sure, there are things that seem complex, but they aren't complex at all. I consider coding to be complex. Just because I know it, doesn't mean it's not complex. But there are things that are simple. They are even obvious. Psychology is actually simple. It's just the uncertain stuff that confuses people. It's not simple to get the grip of it, but as soon as you know what's going on, you know it all. On the other side some people simply can't get the grip of it and that's it.

@FL: Yeah, Thinkpad was Lenovo/IBM, right. >.< Sorry about that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

well, that is an excellent point you make. I suppose breaking into the thought pattern allowing psychological interpretation is the complex part.

Blizzard

It's definitely much harder if you have no help or if you don't read about it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Seox

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 19, 2009, 11:40:37 am
well, that is an excellent point you make. I suppose breaking into the thought pattern allowing psychological interpretation is the complex part.

But what about those people who seem almost "predisposed" towards something? They don't really "break" anything. It seems like they were always there.

So I guess the argument here is, is it nature or nurture that allows us the skills that we have? Practice aside, which one decides the answer?

Blizzard

June 19, 2009, 01:31:11 pm #109 Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:33:11 pm by Blizzard
Quote from: Seox on June 19, 2009, 01:03:45 pm
But what about those people who seem almost "predisposed" towards something? They don't really "break" anything. It seems like they were always there.

The just seem to have never "broken in" because they are that good. Also, back on topic. :P

Vell

split it into intelligent debate, I wanna continue this.

Note: I have nothin else to say on topic unless someone calls up somethin i can debate.

fugibo

Calintz

I suppose that would depend on the person's morals.

Seox

Quote from: Calintz on June 19, 2009, 04:10:02 pm

XD, wouldn't that be circular, although true, logic?

It's right if it's right to you. Therefore, that's not what should be debated. If it practical? Is it practical for the relationship? No. Because of the fact that, then you have ambiguities as far as children and etc, it is not practical. And to the relationship? No. Because then, you both attribute less value to sex, each other, the relationship, and virtue. And all of those, later on, lead to significantly higher divorce rates.
COUGH
cough

co-America-ugh.

Cough

Excuse me.

Blizzard

Quote from: Calintz on June 19, 2009, 04:10:02 pm

Haha, good one.

I'd rather say it depends on the religion. :/

Calintz

Blizzard

fugibo

Quote from: Calintz on June 19, 2009, 04:38:40 pm
and if you're an atheist?

I actually had a similar thought as soon as I read Blizz's post.

New phrasing:
"Is fornication morally right for atheists?"

Loophole that, plox.

Seox

Quote from: Longfellow on June 19, 2009, 04:44:05 pm
Quote from: Calintz on June 19, 2009, 04:38:40 pm
and if you're an atheist?

I actually had a similar thought as soon as I read Blizz's post.

New phrasing:
"Is fornication morally right for atheists?"

Loophole that, plox.

Well, I guess that would depend on what octane gas you put into your car.    :V

Hmmmm....my last post only went for "is it practical/good for the people and relationship." In the moral case? Since atheists have no religious edict, they are technically free to choose. Meaning, as Cal said, it really does depend on THEIR morals. Since most of them don't really think either way, I'd be led to say No, even though I disagree with it. Meh.