Making ground spikes (by Snailer)

Started by Fantasist, January 28, 2008, 09:14:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

January 28, 2008, 09:14:44 am Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 02:37:33 am by Fantasist
Quote from: SnailerThis is my first tut  ;D Weeee !!!

Here I will try to teach you how to make spikes that will be rejected with button/switch  so it will go back into the ground..

First of all you need to know how switches are used so it will be a bit easier if you dont know how they work maybe this explains it a bit...

Now using the event layer make a Switch sprite so it will be easy for you to see where the button is  :)
just like in image 1 :D
Also make the spikes that will come out of the ground
Image 1
Spoiler: ShowHide

Now we want it to hurt the player if he/she touches it, not ? do something like this..

Image 2

First, make something like a flash screen so the player notices something like " Omy GAWD ! I CANT TOUCH THAT ! "
and make it jump away or something.. ( If you dont want that put through ON to OFF so you wont need the jump, I used it because i liked this more. )

Okay lets continue..
Go back to the switch and we will start making the scene of the spikes that will retreat..  :D
Image 3

As you can see it turns a switch on the name wont matter but its the number it has..
Also use something like a sound to give it some life :D..

Now make a new page at the Switch event and put conditions to switch That was turned on at the first page..
like this.

Image 4

Now we have made the switch to turn everything on

Go back to the spikes event and make a new page here too.
Set the Condition also to the switch that was turned on in image 3.
Now we probably want it to move so it looks very nice wont we ?
So make a move event command that will change graphics and put a pause in-between every one of em so it wont skip so fast as u can see, also an wait + an SELF SWITCH ! this is important so you wont have to make the same event over and over but you can just copy paste it.
Image 5

Now we just make an Page 3 and with that put it Through, Condition to If SELF SWITCH A = On, and of course the sprite 

Image 6

Hope this helps you and tell me if I forgot something ;D
Have a nice day  :D.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Lore

Very nice Tutorial. I really like it. I might use it in my game  ;D
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

January 29, 2008, 02:30:20 am #4 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 02:38:09 am by Fantasist
Oops! I'm on it.

EDIT: Done.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Calintz

Calintz >> *pats Fantasist on the back*

Fantasist

Fantasist

April 28, 2010, 09:34:47 am #7 Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:36:25 am by Fantasist
2 year necropost, yay! :rofl: *levels up*
...the weirdest thing in this context is your avatar O_O

That said, the idea of transparency is good. Why don't you refine your method and post a tute?

@Mods: In the first post, should I remove the matter from quotes? It hurts my eyes. I'll instead put a very visible disclaimer below the title (like this). What say?

Landith

uh.. Fant, who are you talking to? No one 2 year necroposted o_O

Ralphness

this is simple yet pleasing ^^
i'm definitely using this in my game

WhiteRose

Quote from: Landith on April 29, 2010, 06:10:38 pm
uh.. Fant, who are you talking to? No one 2 year necroposted o_O

A mod probably deleted the post. Either that, or whoever posted it realized their mistake and deleted it in shame.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Quote from: OrdinaryShadow on April 29, 2010, 11:57:57 pm
for me this is a simple yet very nice ^^
ived used ground spikes before but i like to lessen the opacity and the spikes only come out when you step on them ^^ kind of like traps

I swear this was the post I was replying to.

So OrdShadow, did you delete it, or Blizz, did you delete it? Either way, I feel stupid ;_; Also, I think it wasn't OrdShadow, it could have been Ralphness. Or are both the same guy?

PS: I said this about his avatar too:
Quote...the weirdest thing in this context is your avatar O_O

Blizzard

May 02, 2010, 05:05:46 am #13 Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:17:29 am by Blizzard
Oh, looks like somebody is avoiding his ban. Account deleted.