Longfellow

Started by fugibo, June 15, 2009, 04:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

June 15, 2009, 04:52:49 pm Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:54:35 pm by Longfellow
Alrighty, so I've decided to post some of the graphics and such I've done in the last year or so (all of it using either Pixelmator, an excellent, cheap Mac graphics editor, or the GIMP, which I'm sure you're already familiar with) so that you guys can comment on, criticize, praise, or jack off to it. (Only one two of those are likely to happen, guess which):

Believe Background

Spoiler: ShowHide

Summary:
This was created in Pixelmator after I read a couple tutorials (can't remember where they were or what they were on, so sorry).
Distribution/Your Rights:
1280x800 Background wallpaper, you're free to use it as your wallpaper, to share it with others, and to base your own work off of it, but don't forget to credit me. Enjoy!
Image:

Notes:
Yay lollipops! :P

In Aqualungs

Summary:
This was just me messing around in Pixelmator. Got the name from my friends Tumblr, no idea if it's a popular reference or not (she's into a lot of odd movies and books, so it could be anything).
640x480, methinks. Enjoy.
Image:

Notes:
Eek! The text got slightly pixelated when I changed the perspective. It's not _that_ bad, thankfully.

Signature Bar Thingy

Summary:
I threw this together with Pixelmator in commemoration of my shift from WcW to Longfellow. Sucks, dunnit? :P
512x24, or something like that. I can't remember. Ask me for permission if you want to use it.
Image:

Notes:
I added the very slight text shadow myself, which was a pain on a couple of the letters (namely, the second O and the W). Also, I noticed that it needed a slight border around it, and it could do with a little more width (800, maybe? Or is that overkill? Someone mind telling me what the best would be?)

Mac & Linux Logo

Summary:
For those who just love UNIX in general. Made with GIMP.
I have no idea what resolution it is. Public Domain.
Image:
<this will be posted in a sec, having trouble uploading>
Notes:
GIMP sucks on Macs. Srsly. Don't even touch it with a 10-foot stick.

UNIX Wallpaper for iPhone (iPhone Wallpaper = What's Shown on Lock Screen)

Summary:
For those who just love UNIX in general. Made with GIMP Pixelmator. (Lawlz, Copy+Pasta)
320 x 480. Public Domain, I just took some random images and edited them together (read: don't spread this around, I might get in trouble)
Image:

Notes:
Took 10-15 minutes, and that's with all the searching/fiddling I did with the logos. Fun times :P

Vell

you were in Aqua's LUNGS?!