A mini-script which changes the sprite?

Started by Seox, June 17, 2009, 12:33:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

June 17, 2009, 12:33:12 am Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:39:06 am by Seox
Hiya. I'm wanting to get a script made which checks to see if a given armor and helmet are present on the actor, and, if they are, changes the actor's spriteset to reflect that. NOT for EVERY WEAPON. Just one. I figure that one quick alias, redefinition, or new method should do it, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Could anyone please help me?

EDIT: Also, this may be easy to add to it. Is there any way to change the target animation if the target is wearing said armor, so that bullets ricochet off of them instead of hitting them? Almost like how the miss animation is different, only change the animation to a uniform one depending on the target's armor.
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Calintz

Open up the conditional branch in the event editor and explore.
You will find EVERYTHING you need to do this is there.

Starrodkirby86

What you're looking for is famously known as Visual Equipment. It's also known as Composite Character Sets or Paperdoll.

The only one this site supplies is for RMVX.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1250.0

There /was/ a Visual Equipment Event System, but apparently it got deleted sometime...? It's best to do a search on other RMXP forums, they do exist. Shadonking found some but they were SDK dependent...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Seox

Thank you, Kirby ^_^.

Cal, I seem to remember trying flipping a switch and having a common event on parallel try that, but it seems like it produces major lag. I may be wrong. Have you actually tried it? The only other thing that I don't like about eventing it is the fact that I would have to make a conditional for ALL EIGHT CHARACTERS. Not only would that be FAR less organized/longer/more of a headache, but wouldn't it lag up (problem #1) the game?

I may be wrong there, and, if I am, then please tell me, because I would agree with you in saying that that would be easier.

Thanks, Cal and Kirby ^_^

Calintz

Unless you did something wrong when making your event code, I cannot see any reason why lag would be produced at all. I'll whip up a test real quick and answer accordingly.

Seox

Quote from: Calintz on June 17, 2009, 04:05:10 pm
Unless you did something wrong when making your event code, I cannot see any reason why lag would be produced at all. I'll whip up a test real quick and answer accordingly.

Thank you.

The problem was the fact that you had to make it check 8 people, parallel process, CONSTANTLY. I think that that's the source of any lag, if it does exist.

Calintz

I still don't see that happening due to that.

If you want, you can download my CARJES(Calintz's Advanced Running and Jumping Event System) and you will see that a series of conditional branches are being used in the same manner, and absolutely no lag is generated ...

As I said ... I will test this in a couple minutes.

Seox

Quote from: Calintz on June 17, 2009, 04:10:37 pm
I still don't see that happening due to that.

If you want, you can download my CARJES(Calintz's Advanced Running and Jumping Event System) and you will see that a series of conditional branches are being used in the same manner, and absolutely no lag is generated ...

As I said ... I will test this in a couple minutes.

Oh, I know!!! Your CARJES system is AMAZING, and after I tested it, I was all, "ZOMG DONE WITH EVENTS?!?!?!"

I knew that you could do that, but it is seamless.

True. It probably will work, in that case. You don't have to try it; I'll get to it.

Thanks, Cal ^_^

Calintz

June 17, 2009, 04:34:35 pm #8 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:35:49 pm by Calintz
Haha, okay ...

Seox

Calintz

I was letting you know that everything is good, Lol.
You said that you don't need my help, right??

Seox

Quote from: Calintz on June 17, 2009, 04:54:26 pm
I was letting you know that everything is good, Lol.
You said that you don't need my help, right??

Yeah, ^_^.

Three dots usually signify....

:ninja:

XD. No, really, you just seemed really to-the-point and "quiet". (even though this is a forum >.>)

Just didn't know if I had upset you somehow ^_^

Thanks again, Cal

Calintz

Oh, no !! Oh gosh no, Lol.
I'm not an angry person =D.