Ridiculously slow progress

Started by Seox, June 17, 2009, 02:29:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

Hiya.

I was just wanting to know if you guys shared my SLUGGISH progress when it comes to developing your games. It seems like I'll spend ALL DAY working on the stupid thing, and not have much to show for it. However, I AM working primarily on things like the battle system, which means that it's something that goes for the whole game, so actually accomplishes more than it looks like it does. Another thing is the fact that I have no development team.

So what do you say? Do you feel like you're making adequate progress?
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

DeathLock

I haven't touched RPG Maker for months. >.>

I just don't work on it, because I don't want to. So, I stick with spriting for others, until I find a project that I can actually work make progress in.

Seox

XD, well, I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. I just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere at all >.>

So, you make sprites? I don't see how ANYONE can do that. It just seems so....large scale, and it seems like it'd be difficult to coordinate all of the shading and angle of lighting data.

><

King Munkey

Once you get used to spriting it isn't really that hard most of the time.

I haven't touched RPG Maker for a while either except whenever Game_Guy sends me a script to test

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Diokatsu

RMXP broke on my comp. I can't explain it because I might get arrested :V:

Seox

Quote from: Diokatsu on June 17, 2009, 03:51:51 pm
RMXP broke on my comp. I can't explain it because I might get arrested :V:

XD

Wow. It seems like EVERYONE is either teh lazy or doesn't have access to RMXP. XD, I thought I was alone.

Thanks, everyone ^_^

Vell

I have a trillion ideas for awesome games. Of course, I'm shit with RMXP, and when I did try my events never functioned, so... yeah, I established my Storyline Service.

King Munkey

I am a mediocre spriter. that is about the best that I can do.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Seox

I think I just realized something hilarious.

Watch this:

"I have a confession to make....*gasp*...

I'm a REALLY crappy mapper."

Firstly, that's true. Secondly, it seems like we're all confessing to our terrible weaknesses in RMXP.

COMMENCE THE CATHOLICISM!

Vell

but I'm atheistical. I don't think that means I legally Could be Catholic.

I think i was Decent in terms of mapping... of course, I couldn't do forests for the shit of me. then again, maybe i did just suck. but my events never worked right, so that always bothered me, but, meh.

Seox

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 18, 2009, 10:41:06 am

I think i was Decent in terms of mapping... of course, I couldn't do forests for the shit of me. then again, maybe i did just suck. but my events never worked right, so that always bothered me, but, meh.

XD, I LOVE to (joking about devout, but really atheist.) tell everyone that I'm a devout atheist. HURRAY, OXYMORON!

XD, I wonder if most aspies are atheistic?

But anyways, I think that the reason that I suck with mapping is because of the fact that I rush through it and don't take the time to do it well.

Meh.

Forests ARE harder. Stupid trees.

Blizzard

When I "waste" much time on something trivial, I make sure that it was at least worth half the time. You wouldn't believe how much time and effort I put into finding out which night color tint is ideal for most type of monitors.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Seox

Quote from: Blizzard on June 18, 2009, 11:49:57 am
When I "waste" much time on something trivial, I make sure that it was at least worth half the time. You wouldn't believe how much time and effort I put into finding out which night color tint is ideal for most type of monitors.

Seems like a good policy, allowing you to reap benefits which most wouldn't have.

Andn what the heck made you find out about night color tints?

Vell

actually most of the ones I know go from being atheistic to agnostic and back and forth.

fugibo

Quote from: Seox on June 18, 2009, 11:42:06 am

XD, I LOVE to (joking about devout, but really atheist.) tell everyone that I'm a devout atheist. HURRAY, OXYMORON!

But anyways, I think that the reason that I suck with mapping is because of the fact that I rush through it and don't take the time to do it well.

Meh.

A "devout atheist" isn't really an oxymoron, though. It doesn't have to be a religion to be "devout."

Seox

Quote from: Longfellow on June 18, 2009, 07:32:42 pm
Quote from: Seox on June 18, 2009, 11:42:06 am

Meh.

A "devout atheist" isn't really an oxymoron, though. It doesn't have to be a religion to be "devout."

True. Now that I think about it. And especially since atheism is also a "religion."

CURSE YOU, LONGFELLOW, AND YOUR KILLING OF MY FUNNY!

Diokatsu

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 18, 2009, 03:46:21 pm
actually most of the ones I know go from being atheistic to agnostic and back and forth.

I'm a straight shooter 8)

Vell

fugibo

Yes, the religion with no God. Thus, "a" + "theism."

Also, Dio, "Theophilus" -- does that mean "Lover of Religiion" or "Lover of God?" My Latin is very, very limited. :(

Kagutsuchi

I don't script, I use scripts from this site instead, so I don't have to spend hours working on that.. but making hard and entertaining puzzles.. now that is something else.. it may take hours and the result usually ends up not being as good as you wanted it to be.