favourite Final Fantasy game

Started by Pm6583, June 19, 2009, 08:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pm6583

Hay lets have a discussion

Whats your favourite Final fantasy game.

Mine is Final Fantasy 7

I just liked the story, characters and the fact that it seems to have loads of twists and secrets with loads of background story that needed to be filled in.

The game just made you think

Plus the gameplay was AWESOME!
Centra Rise of Tiamut

In production.

Destiny's are created to be fulfilled, Just like proficies

Vell

Golden Sun > Final Fantasy

but in terms of FF, I'd have to say FFIV, or FF 4. just because it was the only one I actually played. that, and the Dark Knight guy was just cool, even when he became a paladin.

Valcos

Well... Im going to say ff7 because I played that when I was like five, so i kind of just grew up with it. Never really played any of the other ones that much. A few here and there, but not all.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

King Munkey

I'll just list my thoughts on them all

1 - Fantastic game

2 - Did not like it all too well

3 - Thought it was alright but not great

4 - Was great loved it.

5 - Meh not so much

6 - Better than 4 although I don't remember much about it.

7 - Been my favorite game for the past ten years. Loved every minute of it. Played it countless times. Just my all time favorite.

8 - Another fantastic one

9 - Hated it. Why I am not sure but I did

10 - Thought this one was great too.

11 - an mmo I enjoyed playing for a short while

12 - never got to play

13 - looks amazing can't wait

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Blizzard

FF6 was my favorite. You gotta love that crazy son of a bitch Kefka. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Arkaea Halfdemon

Munkey forgot 14.

... *ahem* I'm an FF noob. I'll go and say 8 is my favourite, but I haven't played an earlier game. Or 11.

fugibo

Nine. Best PS1 RPG ever (CT's PS1 port stank)

IX! IX! IX!

Starrodkirby86

My favorite has got to be 4. It's kind of the only one I played through...Final Fantasy 1 was really great during its time.

But seriously now, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves that you didn't include the Chocobo Games. Those were awesome. :V: (I haven't played them :< )

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

Spoiler: ShowHide

I used to play that at my cousins house. Dont really remember it to much though... I was very young :<_<:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

King Munkey

The chocobo games are included in a whole other awesomeness level.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

impulszero

FFX
all (more or less) FF combined in one fine part...
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

Reno-s--Joker

I - It was alright... not too memorable...
II - First one I played - loved the levelling up system :D
III - Haven't played (it's the DS one, right?)
IV - Kinda annoyed me a few times :( But the Lunar Ruins place was made of EPIC WIIIIIN
V - Currently playing - Love the classes system
VI - Loved the characters and Esper system pwned ^-^ (This one's my favourite)
VII - Well... duh :xD: I cried in it too (not when Aeris died though)... (Very close second favourite)
VIII - Currently playing - hate Squall for some reason though o_O and drawing magic skills system (but GFs and junction stuffs are awesome)
IX+ - Haven't played D:

Blizzard

I didn't like FFX at all. The characters were shallow (absolutely no depth) and generic and the story was a ripoff from FF6 and FF7. It was first FF I didn't play through the end because it bored me to hell. Even FF7's story was a ripoff from FF6, but it wasn't a complete ripoff (crazy guy wants to become a god). It had some new elements and all in all it was alright. FFXII was good, though. It went away from all the generic stuff and added a serious tone to the series. But story somehow doesn't seem to be happening. It's like there is no story. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on June 20, 2009, 07:11:10 am
I didn't like FFX at all. The characters were shallow (absolutely no depth) and generic and the story was a ripoff from FF6 and FF7. It was first FF I didn't play through the end because it bored me to hell. Even FF7's story was a ripoff from FF6, but it wasn't a complete ripoff (crazy guy wants to become a god). It had some new elements and all in all it was alright. FFXII was good, though. It went away from all the generic stuff and added a serious tone to the series. But story somehow doesn't seem to be happening. It's like there is no story. :/

Agreed. Definitely earns its place as one of the best RPGs of all time, though, just for being PWN. (and lol, I never beat it, mainly because I was having too much fun just playing as opposed to forwarding the plot -- I had 80+ hours when I was at lvl 30, :P)

And WHAT? FFX is good because "it combines all the others?" Have you even PLAYED FFIX? It does the same thing (and sadly, it does happen to be a bit of a rip-off in most areas, but given that the game was MEANT to be that way for the sake of saying goodbye to the Old School and the PS1, that's acceptable), but it's AMAZING. It's THE most Final Fantasy Final Fantasy has ever been.

impulszero

Lucky U. FFXII bored me to tears! It's bearlly has a story, and it's look like something that should go online. Hell, i think that FFXII is made to shom how much FFXI fail. I mean only thing that didt bored me is Fran's Bunny-chick ass.
Dont read it if u did't played FFX: ShowHide
Not even the fact that she is over 50 y old

i mean,game as game is fun for some time, but as FF... by my rating, 6/10.
Dont read it if u did't played FFX: ShowHide
 I mean man, did u expected to Tidus vanish??? Dud, even Auron?!? No happy kiss & End with princess like in all other story? I call that a (good) story.

of course, this is narrowly my opinion   :shifty:
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

fugibo

0_o Err... ever heard of foreshadowing...? I mean, the game kinda gave it all away once you hit Zanarkand.

Calintz

June 20, 2009, 08:49:34 am #16 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:54:19 am by Calintz
I didn't like FFX at all. The characters were shallow (absolutely no depth) and generic and the story was a ripoff from FF6 and FF7. It was first FF I didn't play through the end because it bored me to hell.

.. .. ..
No, god no!! NO!!

Blizzard ... :(
Final Fantasy X was my all time favorite.

@WCW:
Once you hit Zanarkand the game WAS basically over. After that, they implemented the free roam feature by allowing you to use Cid's ship for transportation. During this time they added the ability to unlock the grid points with Cid's ship, so you could go back to master your weapons, and unlock the new dungeons to train in.

The game itself had in my opinion ... a grand number of astonishing features not before seen. The sphere grid(I loved it), Blitzball(phenomenal), Interactive Limit Breaks, and etc ...

fugibo

Quote from: Calintz on June 20, 2009, 08:49:34 am
I didn't like FFX at all. The characters were shallow (absolutely no depth) and generic and the story was a ripoff from FF6 and FF7. It was first FF I didn't play through the end because it bored me to hell.

.. .. ..
No, god no!! NO!!

Blizzard ... :(
Final Fantasy X was my all time favorite.

I liked it, but definitely not my favorite (tie between IX and XII there). The Sphere Grid was PWN, but Tidus has to be the suckiest lead since Cloud and Yuna had almost no lines as I recall. Rikku just sucked all around, Wakka got annoying, Lulu was an emo. The only good characters were Kimahri and Auron, and that's just because one was a giant blue guy that could steal powers (he automatically gets the Quina factor) and the other one was a ghost-zombie-thing. That's NOTHING compared to Redhead, Ratlady, Monkey Boy, Big Head Girl, Overpowered Midget Boy With Hat, Silly Little Girl with Weird Horn on Head, Really Annoying but Still Morally Righteous and Dedicated Rusty Guy with Funny Armor, and The Really, Really Fat Blue Guy who Could Eat Monsters and Then Spontaneously Kill Grand Dragons yet had No Interesting Trance Abilities. (the first two are there only so it could be Fibonacci)

Calintz

June 20, 2009, 09:20:50 am #18 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:22:23 am by Calintz
Quote from: Longfellow on June 20, 2009, 08:55:26 am
I liked it, but definitely not my favorite (tie between IX and XII there). The Sphere Grid was PWN, but Tidus has to be the suckiest lead since Cloud and Yuna had almost no lines as I recall. Rikku just sucked all around, Wakka got annoying, Lulu was an emo. The only good characters were Kimahri and Auron, and that's just because one was a giant blue guy that could steal powers (he automatically gets the Quina factor) and the other one was a ghost-zombie-thing. That's NOTHING compared to Redhead, Ratlady, Monkey Boy, Big Head Girl, Overpowered Midget Boy With Hat, Silly Little Girl with Weird Horn on Head, Really Annoying but Still Morally Righteous and Dedicated Rusty Guy with Funny Armor, and The Really, Really Fat Blue Guy who Could Eat Monsters and Then Spontaneously Kill Grand Dragons yet had No Interesting Trance Abilities. (the first two are there only so it could be Fibonacci)

WHOAH! Whoah, whoah!! Take it easy there .. .. .. Longfellow

Auron
Auron was just badass, period.

Rikku
Rikku was so giddy and had kick-ass eyes, so she didn't need anything else to be awesome! Not to mention, SHE introduced the feature to use alchemy in the heat of battle to confound and destroy her enemies in the form of a Limit Break!!

Lu Lu
Lu Lu wasn't emo, she just hadn't gotten over Chappu yet :P. But to this day!! No FF character had and will never again use a Moogle to attack!!

Yuna
Yuna was centered around a pilgrimage to gather summoned monsters. Summons were never introduced this way before. She had a storyline of her own!!

Wakka
Just annoying, but funny as hell. He added hours of laughter that I wouldn't trade for the world!!

Kimhari
Lancet sucked, but it was cool to see the Blue Magic skill fused into another skill.

Tidus
Tidus was an awesome Leader. He was the very 1st Main FF character who was an athlete, Lol. Had father problems that he had to carry on his shoulder, but never lost the sense to do what was right. He was a teenager who fell in love which deepened the plot, and he also was a ghost, in a sense. He was awesome!

fugibo

Because Espers and Eidolons were never, ever part of any other Final Fantasies X|