Big Dreamers Recruite!

Started by computerwizoo7, June 19, 2009, 11:03:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

computerwizoo7

Hi everyone, i am looking for a few persons who have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to using Rpg Maker XP and VX for my game development team.
My team currently don't have anyone who can use the engine except me, so if you wish to join the team then please sign up here by posting witha few sample of your work.

I only need 2 persons.

Requirements:

Position One:

Mapping
Database Management in Rpg Maker XP.
Importing materials.
Editing existing materials.
Eventing
and basic game development knowledge.

Position Two:

Scripting RGSS

yup that's all for position two.

So i need a Level Designer(Position 1) and a Programmer(Position 2)

I would really appreciate this, there is currently no pay as we are still young but we plan on developing big dreamers into a game development company in the Casual Game Industry.

If you wish to be a part of this then please sign up with samples.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

PS: We only want dedicated members who believe in hard work to achieve greatness.

Valcos

I am interested for Postion 1... but, right now isnt a good time for me. :<_<:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

computerwizoo7

When would be a good time, there is some time left because the characters have about another 2 weeks before they are complete, then it will be time to use the game engine.

Valcos

Well, I have to finish my project for the challenge with Namkcor. The due date for that is July 10th. After that I will see... lol. Not sure what my schedule is going to be like in a couple weeks xD.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

GAX

ADVICE:  Only gather a production team when you have an actual idea of what you want to do...don't just gather people and have them sit waiting...that's for big companies, not for indie stuff like what we do.

Also, your production company name does sorta suit you..."Big Dreamers"...but in all honesty, i don't think anyone is going to fully take this seriously. =/

Good luck though =V

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

How big is your "company" *snicker* anyway? How many "employees" *snicker harder* do you actually have right now?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on June 20, 2009, 07:16:08 am
How big is your "company" *snicker* anyway? How many "employees" *snicker harder* do you actually have right now?

Big talk from the guy who runs StormTronics, the company with all of ONE person. :V

Calintz

June 20, 2009, 09:01:28 am #7 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:03:01 am by Calintz
Well ...
Stormtronics may only have but one, but the production rate is higher, and the employee efficiency rate is higher, and the promotion is greater, and dare I say it, is just way more popular.

So, yeah ...
Anywho, good luck Compute. Should you develop a full team, I would like to have the responsibility of revoking my previous statement and eating my words for lunch.

computerwizoo7

This is interesting all of you eating your words!

Well i have 5 members already, 2 Artists, 2 Musicians and me.
I need 2 more for the actual in game development.

oh well when you all see Rising Legend ad all over the internet then get ready to eat your words!

BUT for now i need those two members so cut me the slack.

Blizzard

June 20, 2009, 12:14:32 pm #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:15:50 pm by Blizzard
You've said that a year ago. Naphe said that 3 years ago. And where is Aerion Online now? It's dead. Oh, BTW, Naphe had a "company" of over 30 employees.

And nice, 5 members. That's not bad. But what happened to the other people that you recruited before?

Say, have you even registered your company? I think I'll go register Big Dreamers Corp. and sue you for using the name. :xD:

@LF: Stormtronics is not a company. It doesn't exist. -_- And I am not presenting it as company either.
In case you don't remember: I work for Cateia. It's a REAL company with REAL people. And we make REAL games that earn us REAL money.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

I wish you the best Compute.

I would like to see some of the other members work if you can get it. Post up a thread in the "express your creativity" area and show off your teams abilities. I would love to hear some of the music.

computerwizoo7

Ok i'll do just that!

Blizzard if you are not under some contract then maybe i'll even hire you when Rising Legend out, so maybe you will be making Rising Legend 2 with me.  :haha:

Blizzard

No, thanks. People don't "hire" me. I am pretty much working on an independent project with a collegue. Cateia is more or less just formality.

computerwizoo7

Finally! i knew you were working on something, guys like you don't just sit around.  8)

Blizzard

Of course I am. I just can't talk about it. Didn't you notice my recent rants how college and work is killing me? xD

computerwizoo7

no i didn't see that but I totally get that! they(High School) are really killing me too! but now that summer is on its way nothing can stop me now!

fugibo

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on June 20, 2009, 11:53:17 am
This is interesting all of you eating your words!

Well i have 5 members already, 2 Artists, 2 Musicians and me.
I need 2 more for the actual in game development.

oh well when you all see Rising Legend ad all over the internet then get ready to eat your words!

BUT for now i need those two members so cut me the slack.

You need a LOT of money for "all over the internet." And I do hope you get something better than your current concept art, as it's just repugnant. (words that make sense but don't necessarily fit FTW!!!)

Calintz

I agree with WCW. You will NEED better art.

computerwizoo7

June 20, 2009, 02:54:45 pm #18 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:58:59 pm by computerwizoo7
Can someone post one of those art so i can see what you guys are talking about?
i have a few old artworks but now i have improved my style.

Edit: i have a Third party company who is interested in marketing the game for a cut.

fugibo