[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Just checking. I've made the simplest mistakes myself.

Try using '127.0.0.1' instead of 'localhost'. Maybe your PC doesn't respond well to URLs.

If you can't get it running this way, try downloading and using XAMPP instead. Deinstall MySQL first.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

*points at blizz's post*
not 666 again :(

How would we use XAMPP than instead? GOD I dont get the instructions in the manual at all!!?!??!!GRRAA

Hellfire Dragon

June 21, 2009, 11:56:05 am #22 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:23:00 pm by Hellfire Dragon
Good news! Server says online now :D
Bad news, it says Server did not respond when you try to actually get onto it... :(

EDIT: Okay, it stays online for a while then goes offline, and it doesn't come back on unless I restart the server, then it goes offline again etc, etc.
Using XAMPP

Blizzard

Did the server crash anyhow (and auto-restarted)?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

Server never crashed, no. It's staying online now, I managed to connect and create an account. All was going well until I talked to the green haired girl and an error came up about the auto save fuction, sorry don't know the exact error :-/ Haven't been able to get back into the game since. Now, server still says it's online, I select the server to connect to an error comes up saying server did not respond, same if you try it a second time, then I get this on the third or forth try,
Spoiler: ShowHide

And same thing again after I restart the game

Blizzard

Ah, I see. I removed the AutoSaver module for this release. But it's a bug that you can't reconnect. I will look into this.

Memor-X

*explodes* for the past week i've been trying to get a demo of a system like this from another forum to work to see how it's like and you made one! i waisted all this time trying to get the other one to work (worked out it's not even in english) *downloads*, well it was made by you Blizz then i have no doubts that it'll work (apart from the error or bug here and there but that's expected), apart from the server, i keep getting this

i'm using Wampserver 2.0 to test it, it's got the correct MySQL version and i download the right Ruby Version, i've almost amde the correct chnages to the config, any ideas what's going on

Blizzard

You already have something running on the port that I specified as default or you have run it more than once for some reason because it's reinitializing a constant.

Valcos

Sweet. If this is anything like setting up a MS private server, its gonna be easy xD. But, for that, all the resources were there for you... really didnt have to do much :<_<:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

nathmatt

June 23, 2009, 02:57:40 pm #29 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:15:12 pm by nathmatt
i open the cfg file and it closes automatically

edit opened it in a text doc & it opened but i cant get the server u have to run if i tell the game to run strait on the sql it says online but the server dose not respawn
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Ok, I have no idea what you just said. I got lost after the part that you opened cfg.rb in a text editor.

nathmatt

June 23, 2009, 03:47:48 pm #31 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:49:22 pm by nathmatt
if i change the port in module RMXOS::Options to the port mysql already has it will say online but says the sever will not respond

if i change the cfg file & try to open the rmx-os file in the some folder it wont connect
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

If you change the port in the cfg file, you need to change it in the game's client as well.

Are you sure that you did it properly? You must not type something like 127.0.0.1, it HAS TO be '127.0.0.1'.

nathmatt

the help file says my
User: root
  Password:
  (means no password!)
so i did this

NAME = 'RMX-OS Server'
HOST = '127.0.0.1'
PORT = 3306
VERSION = 0.8

LOG_MESSAGES = false
LOG_ERRORS = false
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5

SQL_HOSTNAME = 'localhost' # SQL Host
SQL_USERNAME = "root"
SQL_PASSWORD =
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb' # SQL Database

EXTENSIONS = [
   'Blizz-ABS'
]
i get the port when i open the mysqlstart.bat
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

Port 3306 is reserved for SQL, why are you using is for the game? o_o;
If you have no SQL password, it should be

SQL_PASSWORD = ""

Oh, and remove the extension. There is no Blizz-ABS extension yet. ._.

nathmatt

not sure how to change the port lol
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

Just change it back to the default value. I think I used 54269.

nathmatt

June 23, 2009, 04:03:03 pm #37 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:09:21 pm by nathmatt
i never changed the port in the first place & dont know how to change it

edit i will work on it more l8er
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

jcsnider

It is great that this is out.

Some one asked if I knew about this.
Blizzard gave me .8 a week ago. At the time all he really needed to do was documentate... it took him forever, or maybe he was busy with something else so read it!

So yes I knew about it, but I didnt know about the release until now.
It will be great replacement for netplay