[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Yeah, I was busy with some other stuff. xD But on saturday I sat down and just did it. Took me over 4 hours to finish the commenting of the code and make a manual. >.<

What RMX-OS now needs to proper stress testing. KOA and PNO will be the pilot games using RMX-OS. ^_^
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

when I run sql and press connect it says it cant connect to localhost

Blizzard

Please some more details. From where are you trying to connect? From a management software, from RMX-OS, etc.? Have you checked your password? Are you sure that it's right? If localhost doesn't work, try using 127.0.0.1.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

first one question which one am I supposed to run?
Query Browser
Adminstration
or Migration Toolkit

Blizzard

IDK. I use phpmyadmin for it. Try query browser. All you need to do is the execute the query in the .sql file.

G_G

June 23, 2009, 06:22:37 pm #45 Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:09:44 am by game_guy
EDIT:::
That problems fixed but now all I get is Server didnt respond everytime I try to click on my server. It says its online and its a localhost server but its not loading through.

Blizzard

You are making no sense again. I have no idea what you just said. ._. What happens when you select that option?

Sally

are we expecting any updates for this? like maybe... blizz ABS to work with it... =]

jcsnider

He did say in post number 1. It has options where you can add extensions, one of these extensions will sooner or later be Blizz ABS but sometime after 1.0 comes out.

Blizzard

June 24, 2009, 10:34:09 am #49 Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:13:10 am by Blizzard
EDIT: Nevermind, I put up v0.81.

Sally

To prove that it works:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/edntmk

Hosted my me =]
Server will probably be up most of the time... if not expect it to be up soon. pm me :)

Hellfire Dragon

If I set up an evented class and character graphic selection screen, would it save everything for the player? Or is there some script snippets I need to include etc,?

Oh and I haven't had any server problems with the update like I did with the first version ^^

Blizzard

Yes, actor data is being saved (that's how the default configuration is set up) except for temporary stuff like battle actions. You don't need anything else.

G_G

Would it be possible for a later version to have online battles with people? Using the dbs or something? Have team vs team or something? That would be pretty cool.

Hellfire Dragon

dbs... meh. I'd prefere online battles with peopel with blizz abs. Speaking of which, when RMX-OS is Blizz ABS compatable, will we be able to define certain maps as PvP?
Also, say if I was making a game where 2 armies were against each, would you be able to have them not be able to damage each other but only the other side? And have an option for the player to turn that off... betrayal... awesomeness :D

Blizzard

My idea was that you need to invite somebody into PvP and you can do it on any map or you can PvP anywhere.

G_G

that'd be okay for abs but like maybe not the dbs but a side view one maybe I dunno I just figured being able to choose between an abs or a turned base battle system would be cool.

Sally

like wow's duels...

but there should also be able a place where everyone can attack everyone else...

Blizzard

Quote from: game_guy on June 24, 2009, 04:04:00 pm
that'd be okay for abs but like maybe not the dbs but a side view one maybe I dunno I just figured being able to choose between an abs or a turned base battle system would be cool.

Ok, how about we add straight 10 different battle systems so players have a choice?

G_G

...I meant just two different ones for the person who is making the game to choose from.