[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

June 26, 2009, 11:26:54 am #80 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:11:30 pm by Hellfire Dragon
@G_G I think I found the problem, in the cfg.ini file, line 4, RMXOS_VERSION is set to 0.82 it should be 0.83, I think anyway :P

G_G

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on June 26, 2009, 05:53:32 am
Quote from: game_guy on June 25, 2009, 08:50:36 pm
I did a complete update. Database, server, and client. And now I cant register. Everytime I try I get the
"Server did not respond" message.

Since you did a complete update, did you forget to set up the cfg.ini in the server folder? That's what happened to me after I updated >.<

No I changed it to my hamachi IP and the thing said it was online. I ran the server and said it was connected successfully to my hamachi. It connected to the database just fine it said.

@blizz: No error messages just a message saying
"Server did not respond"

Blizzard

That's weird, I'm not having that problem. Are you sure that you upgraded everything properly? Script and server? The database wasn't updated. And are you sure that you have configured it all properly?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Yea I'm definetly sure. I deleted the database. I deleted all the other versions of rmx-os I had. Redownloaded this one. Ran the sql script again. COnfigured cgf.ini and then configured the RMX Options and made sure it matched my hamachi ip. The only problem is is I cant register so I cant log in which stinks.

Blizzard

So you have 4 folders and 4 files in your server folder. You have changed the HOST in cfg.ini and you have changed it in the Options script. Both match and are either 5.x.x.x or 127.0.0.1. You have set up a MySQL password and you have set SQL_PASSWORD, SQL_USERNAME, SQL_HOSTNAME and SQL_DATABASE properly in cfg.ini. You can run it all on 127.0.0.1 properly without any network connections active.
That's how it should be.
And now, which of these are not true?

BTW, Server IS version 0.82. The server hasn't been changed.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

The host in the cfg.ini is my hamachi IP which is running and its on. And I have changed it in the options script. Both match or else it would say my server is offline. I have set up a MySQL password and placed it in the cfg.ini. I've set up the sql_username, and host, and database properly or else when I ran the server it wouldnt be able to connect to my database.

I've double even triple checked everything. I even dug up an older version out of the recycle bin and all the data and options were the same.

Hellfire Dragon

Is the MySQl service running? Rub > msconfig > Services, check mysql is ticked

G_G

It is running and it is checked. I even tried changing the ip in everything to my localhost 127.0.0.1
again same thing. THe server said it connected to the host and database but its still not working ;__;

Blizzard

Ok, thanks to game_guy I solved the problem.
This time I have also change the way RMX-OS notifies about errors. That means it's more stable. >:3
So v0.84 is out.

nathmatt

June 27, 2009, 03:42:55 am #89 Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:09:58 am by nathmatt
every time i try to config sq li get this error  any suggestions
Spoiler: ShowHide

edit got that fixed but it says unknown database where to i find that ?
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

*points the the installation guide in the manual* I have mentioned that problem.

Sally

hey blizz, dont that sound familiar...

Blizzard

I know, Sally, I know. ._.

nathmatt

i must have missed it RTFM lol
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

fugibo

*levels blizz up for the third time* I <3 this.

Hellfire Dragon

Hey blizz, is there a way to check wwhat the players registered name is and use it ina conditional branch?

Blizzard

$network.name will give you the name of the player. This doesn't work if he isn't logged in.

G_G

The DOS window gets this error when other people connect and stuff
It connects fine but I dont think thats supposed to happen

Hellfire Dragon

Exact same thing happened to me G_G

Blizzard

That's a problem when a connection breaks (e.g. player closes RMXP forcibly with the X button). You don't have to bother about it.
I haven't found a way yet to avoid it. I think there is none.