[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

Hey, I got a little problem and I would appreciate help. I'm trying to convert to v1.09. Therfeore, i need to run that sql query thing. I remember that it can be found in the manual, but the manual of v.1.09 for me wont work. Can someone please post the query I need to run for 1.08-1.09.

Thanks

Ryex

it is included in the database folder of the rmx-os download
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Wizered67

thanks, I can't believe I missed that

Blizzard

@King_Ooga_TonTon: Best you read the whole topic, several people have had the same problem. It's mainly either because you didn't set up port forwarding on your router properly or because you didn't set the RMX-OS server to be visible outside of your own PC (127.0.0.1 and localhost are within your PC only, you need to use your external network IP).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

holy416m

I can install RMX-OS and everything's ok... except for one... I can't open the ruby files... those .rb files... so I can't run the server and everything's ruined... Installed 1.91 ruby but still... can't open... when I open those files it just pop-up a cmd window for about half second then closed itself... anyone help please? I wanna get my game online...  :???:

Wizered67

Are you sure you have the server set up right? I know for me that whenever I have it set up wrong, it opens and then quickly closes.....

holy416m

Quote from: Wizered67 on March 20, 2010, 10:37:55 am
Are you sure you have the server set up right? I know for me that whenever I have it set up wrong, it opens and then quickly closes.....

Then... what should I do...?

Wizered67

go to the cfg file and make sure everything is set up right....

Blizzard

If you can't run it via double click, uninstall Ruby and install it again. Seems that the installer didn't add ruby.exe/rubyw.exe as default application for .rb files.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

holy416m

March 21, 2010, 03:02:05 am #509 Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:03:48 am by Hellfire's G_G
Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 20, 2010, 01:28:21 pm
If you can't run it via double click, uninstall Ruby and install it again. Seems that the installer didn't add ruby.exe/rubyw.exe as default application for .rb files.

Well... I done it many times but still no improvements...

EDIT:
Quote from: Wizered67 on March 20, 2010, 11:56:48 am
go to the cfg file and make sure everything is set up right....

I set everything already... But I'm not sure about the host and the port... what should I type in? Coz when I type in my IP it won't work...

Please don't double post within 24 hours. Edit previous post instead ~ G_G

Wizered67

the port should be the one you forwarded and the host should be your internal ip

whitespirits

When are we looking at more updates for rmx-os and abs global addons?

Blizzard

When I have time to work on it.

boisei0

Quote from: holy416m on March 21, 2010, 03:02:05 am
I set everything already... But I'm not sure about the host and the port... what should I type in? Coz when I type in my IP it won't work...

You should use the IP-address of your localhost, in most of the cases that is: 127.0.0.1
~Boisei0

zanakinz

March 23, 2010, 08:11:56 am #514 Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:45:10 am by zanakinz
Right after i optimized the tables in mysql it says Unexpected error occured!

I dont think its connecting to mysql.. It said it did but then when its done optimizing it says Unexpected error.

Then it keeps saying:
RMX-OS Server is being terminated...
RMX-OS Server has been terminated.

holy416m

Quote from: boisei0 on March 22, 2010, 03:17:19 pm

You should use the IP-address of your localhost, in most of the cases that is: 127.0.0.1

In most cases? Then if I'm not one of those "most"? How can I check my localhost... I'm new to these so... please forgive me... :shy:

zanakinz

It might be an error in server.rb.. Idk just try to help me out i'll be back in 6 hours.

crzyone9584

Quote from: holy416m on March 23, 2010, 08:53:45 am
Quote from: boisei0 on March 22, 2010, 03:17:19 pm

In most cases? Then if I'm not one of those "most"? How can I check my localhost... I'm new to these so... please forgive me... :shy:

Bring up your command prompt window. Type in ipconfig. Your local host will wither be 127.0.0.1 or more likely a 192.168.x.x ip Find the 192.168.x.x and put it in the config file.

(x.x. - is more numbers for your ip.)

I also suggest using no-ip or something like that to hide your external ip when you ship out your client.

Blizzard

Quote from: zanakinz on March 23, 2010, 08:11:56 am
Right after i optimized the tables in mysql it says Unexpected error occured!

I dont think its connecting to mysql.. It said it did but then when its done optimizing it says Unexpected error.

Then it keeps saying:
RMX-OS Server is being terminated...
RMX-OS Server has been terminated.

You haven't set up the server right.

zanakinz

March 23, 2010, 05:01:39 pm #519 Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:33:53 pm by zanakinz
Can you please help me set it up... ive looked at the manuel but it kinda didnt help.  It's just telling me the reasons for the scripts.

EDIT:  Now instead of getting the fatal error i figured out to put ExtensionSkeleton in the Extension place and now the command prompt opens and closes really fast.