[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Feildmaster

Alright, I've just got to ask this..

Why is userdata in its own table?

It could easily (and much more convenient) in users, since there's no more than one instance in it anyway. It saves having to call two queries as well... (to get USER_ID and then GUILD_ID or so forth...)
Pokemon Neon Characters: ShowHide

zanakinz

Okay now i put quotes into the extensions slot and it is still saying RMX-OS server is being terminated.  And i do not know what im doing wrong.

Ryex

ya know it is IMPOSSIBLE to help you without knowing EXACTLY what error it is giving you. if the window is closing on you before you can then open command prompt and them past the full file path in the the cmd and press enter the server will run and it has a error it will tell you with out closeing. at that point you can copy it or screen shot it for us.

@Blizz I'm trying to build an extension for RMX-OS that when paired with my gui can provide functions one of the things I wanted it to do was print the loaded extensions and tell you when the server restarted even if the window is not visible. to do this I was going to connect to it as a client and send a special message that would make the extension recognize it as the GUI and then send it the list of extensions online clients ect.
here is the thing. I believe that the extensions can be printed from the keys in the @extensions hash. but is it possible to cache the restart command and send a message to the GUI? or for that matter a message when the server has a shutdown command at all?
or would I have to overwrite some methods for this.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

zanakinz

error:
Starting TCP Server at 'LOCALIP/STATIC IP:54269' ...
Connecting to MySQL databse 'rmxosdb' ...
optimizing database tables...
>Optimizing table 'buddy_list' ...
>Optimizing table 'guilds' ...
>Optimizing table 'inbox' ...
>Optimizing table 'save_data' ...
>Optimizing table 'user_data' ...
>Optimizing table 'users' ...
Unexpected error has occured!
uninitialized constant RMXOS::Server::PREVENT_ZOMBIE_CLIENTS
./date/server.rb:63:in 'start'
./RMX-OS.rb:56:in 'main'
./RMX-OS.rb:171:in '(main)'

RMX-OS Server is being terminated...
RMX-OS Server has been terminated.
Restart in: 5 4 3 2 1

Ryex

are you using the GUI? if so then you should know that the GUI dose not work with that latest version of RMX-OS. you will have to manually create the cfg.ini file get the proper filer from the download and configure it your self with the manual as your guide.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

zanakinz

No im running it straight from the RMX-OS.rb file

Feildmaster

Open config.ini

look for

PREVENT_ZOMBIE_CLIENTS =

it needs to be false/true

zanakinz

Thank you so much fieldmaster it works now!
And thanks for all the rest that gave me some help!

holy416m

Quote from: crzyone9584 on March 23, 2010, 09:44:20 am
Quote from: holy416m on March 23, 2010, 08:53:45 am
Quote from: boisei0 on March 22, 2010, 03:17:19 pm
Quote from: holy416m on March 21, 2010, 03:02:05 am
I set everything already... But I'm not sure about the host and the port... what should I type in? Coz when I type in my IP it won't work...

You should use the IP-address of your localhost, in most of the cases that is: 127.0.0.1

In most cases? Then if I'm not one of those "most"? How can I check my localhost... I'm new to these so... please forgive me... :shy:

Bring up your command prompt window. Type in ipconfig. Your local host will wither be 127.0.0.1 or more likely a 192.168.x.x ip Find the 192.168.x.x and put it in the config file.

(x.x. - is more numbers for your ip.)

I also suggest using no-ip or something like that to hide your external ip when you ship out your client.

Okay... Is it the "IP Address"? If yes, I can't make it work... if I type my IP in the cfg.ini, should I use the same one in my SQL server? Coz when I type my IP(192.168.1.3) in the SQL, it says
Spoiler: ShowHide
Could not connect to the specified instance.

MySQL Error Number 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.3'(10061)

If you want to check the network connection, please click the Ping button.

So... I think I've messed up everything... can any of you guys gimme a more simple and clear guide on how to set up the server? I think I'm gonna start another clean set of RMX-OS...  :(

Ryex

use the ipadress of the mysql server for the mysql server if is running your the same computer it should be a local address

holy416m

By the way... what's a localhost?

Feildmaster

localhost is... a local server (hosted by you)
hence: localhost

WhiteRose

It means your own computer. Basically, connecting to localhost is connecting to your own computer without using or requiring any sort of networking transmission media; you don't even need to have a working internet connection. All that is required, as far as I know, is that you have the TCP/IP Protocol suite installed, and that comes with all popular operating systems. The IP Address for localhost is always 127.0.0.1.

(EDIT: Feildmaster beat me to it. :))

Blizzard

@Ryex: Communication of different applications can be done in different ways and the easiest is probably simply communication through a file. You should make a server extension that goes with your GUI and then simply alias the required methods in RMX-OS so it writes the extensions to a file when the server shuts down. Simply check with the GUI every second if that file exists. If it does, open it, read it, close it, delete it and display the read data.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

holy416m

Still can't make it to work... who can list the the things that I may have done wrong? I can't launch RMX-OS.rb cuz when I double-clicked it, it opened for about 1 second or so then closed automatically... Suggestions? It's best that someone could gimme a list of what I may have done wrong and then I can try everything out... hehe... thanks...  :^_^':

crzyone9584

Quote from: holy416m on March 24, 2010, 08:33:22 am
Still can't make it to work... who can list the the things that I may have done wrong? I can't launch RMX-OS.rb cuz when I double-clicked it, it opened for about 1 second or so then closed automatically... Suggestions? It's best that someone could gimme a list of what I may have done wrong and then I can try everything out... hehe... thanks...  :^_^':

I had the same problem when i first started with 1.08. Your best option is to post in the quote tags your config file. I found out I had it totally jacked up and thats why it didn't run.

Grunje

First : Sorry for my bad english if i use it. I'm brazilian, and i don't speek very well.

Anyway, i need help from someone about this online system.
The problem is on the server have connected but the client not (it said "offline" to me).
See this :

Ok, very good ! The server is running ! Best !!...but...

OMG! This fail ! Why ?

MySQL is running perfectly, the configuration of Server and Client is the same and the ports are unlockeds.

MySQL Config :

Server Config :

Client Config :

I have already tested all thinks. But the single problem is this :
The server and database is connected, but client not.
I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

That's it.

Ryex

did you portforward?

crzyone9584

change your server ip to your internal ip address. Then you should be ok. Also make sure your ports are forwarded correctly.

Feildmaster

Oh I had assumed he put the database on another computer... Stupid assumptions.

The IP (200.149.100.248) is your network or connection IP (im not sure which its listing as)

Use 127.0.0.1 or Localhost

127.0.0.1 lets you connect to the computer its on, from that same computer.

200.149.100.248, is either your network IP or the IP to let others connect to your server.