[XP] RPG Maker XP Online System (RMX-OS)

Started by Blizzard, June 20, 2009, 11:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunje

March 25, 2010, 03:25:03 pm #540 Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:54:07 pm by Grunje
Quote from: Professor Ryexander Elm on March 24, 2010, 05:37:09 pm
did you portforward?

Yep. All ports (3306 and 54259) is opened in modem, router and firewall.

QuoteUse 127.0.0.1 or Localhost

127.0.0.1 lets you connect to the computer its on, from that same computer.

200.149.100.248, is either your network IP or the IP to let others connect to your server.

I use the localhost ip in the server configuration and internal ip (200.149.100.248) in the configuration of the client?

Ok, i will test it. But I'm not sure that this will work out.
If this fail i'll return here.
Thanks very much.

Argh ! I have tested to put the 200.149.100.248 ip on client and 127.0.0.1 on server/mysql, but it fail  :'(
Please, i really need help.

Ryex

you have to use the Ip that is visible from the outside not an internal IP.
go to portforward.com the ip that they show as yours is the one you use.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Here

Change HOST to your internal IP.
Change your SQL_HOSTNAME to '127.0.0.1'

holy416m

Quote from: crzyone9584 on March 24, 2010, 12:28:02 pm
Quote from: holy416m on March 24, 2010, 08:33:22 am
Still can't make it to work... who can list the the things that I may have done wrong? I can't launch RMX-OS.rb cuz when I double-clicked it, it opened for about 1 second or so then closed automatically... Suggestions? It's best that someone could gimme a list of what I may have done wrong and then I can try everything out... hehe... thanks...  :^_^':

I had the same problem when i first started with 1.08. Your best option is to post in the quote tags your config file. I found out I had it totally jacked up and thats why it didn't run.

You mean quote my config file? If so... then here it is:
NAME = 'Lost Time'
HOST = '192.168.1.3'
PORT = 54269
RMXOS_VERSION = 1.01

LOG_MESSAGES = true
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 30
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5
OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = true
DATABASE_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 60

SQL_HOSTNAME = 'localhost'
SQL_USERNAME = 'root'
SQL_PASSWORD = '4161051710'
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb'

INBOX_SIZE = 10

EXTENSIONS = [
''
]

Feildmaster

Your using quite an old version of the OS there...

Pokemon Neon Characters: ShowHide

Grunje

I have changed the HOST for my visible ip (on portforward.com) and have changed the SQL to 127.0.0.1 ;
Obs : I'm using a "ip variable" dial-up connection.
Obs 2 : I don't forget to change the ip of client.

Finally :

The client answer offline yet.
>:(

Feildmaster

March 25, 2010, 10:31:41 pm #546 Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:33:14 pm by Feildmaster
Grunje: I have to know.

Is the computer where the server is, the same as where you are playing on?

Are you trying to get other people to connect or just you?

If it's only you, and its all on the same computer, please change all instances of 201.5.246.167 to 127.0.0.1 (in cfg and in RPG maker)

If you want to make it so other people can connect... That requires the 201 IP, and depending on your routers, you yourself may not be able to connect to your own internet IP (it's like that for me)

G_G

the host needs to be the internal ip, go to the command prompt and type in ipconfig it'll be like 192.168.1.x or something along those lines then you need the 201 ip in the client.

Feildmaster

Oh right.. Port forwarding makes the internal IP better than using the actual IP...

xd

holy416m

Quote from: Feildmaster on March 25, 2010, 09:15:29 pm

So... is that a problem? :???:

crzyone9584

Quote from: holy416m on March 26, 2010, 12:08:09 am

First I'd update the OS to the current version of 1.09. And see if it fixes. You should always use the newest version of a program that is released. Then only touch the Host and SqlHost options in the config and see if it works.

Feildmaster

Oh right, blizz.

Teh current version gives an error:
OS Script line 3776:System Stack Error
Stack Level too deep,

for scene_map initialize, after logging out, and trying to log back in...

*will go back to see if this ever happened before tomorrow*

Grunje

Quote from: Feildmaster on March 25, 2010, 10:31:41 pm
Grunje: I have to know.

Is the computer where the server is, the same as where you are playing on?

Are you trying to get other people to connect or just you?

If it's only you, and its all on the same computer, please change all instances of 201.5.246.167 to 127.0.0.1 (in cfg and in RPG maker)

If you want to make it so other people can connect... That requires the 201 IP, and depending on your routers, you yourself may not be able to connect to your own internet IP (it's like that for me)

The server and the MySQL is on my computer.
But i want to make connection of ohters players to me.

Quotethe host needs to be the internal ip, go to the command prompt and type in ipconfig it'll be like 192.168.1.x or something along those lines then you need the 201 ip in the client.

I don't use routers ! I don't have stable ip ! I'm using a dial connection on server !

See :

My ip is always somethinks like 200.xxx.xxx.xxx or 201.xxx.xxx.xxx, because i'm  using a variable and dial up connection on the server.

Blizzard

You are using a dial up connection for internet? You don't seriously expect the server to work normally on an unreliable type of connection such as dial-up?! If you want to test the server locally, use localhost (or 127.0.0.1). If you want to run it so others can see it, you need an external server.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Feildmaster

I second what blizzard said. :^_^':

holy416m

Quote from: crzyone9584 on March 26, 2010, 01:01:03 am
Quote from: holy416m on March 26, 2010, 12:08:09 am

First I'd update the OS to the current version of 1.09. And see if it fixes. You should always use the newest version of a program that is released. Then only touch the Host and SqlHost options in the config and see if it works.

Okay... so now it can be launched... but... it still have a problem...
It says:
> Starting TCP Server at 'localhost:3306'...
Unexpected error occured!
Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network address/port> is normally permitted. - bind<2>
./Data/Server.rb:78:in 'initialize'
./Data/Server.rb:78:in 'new'
./Data/Server.rb:78:in 'start_socket'
./Data/Server.rb:56:in 'start'
./RMX-OS.rb:56:in 'main'
./RMX-OS.rb:171:in '<main>'
RMX-OS Server is being terminated...
RMX-OS Server has been terminated.
Restart in: 5 4 3 2 1

It keeps repeat and repeat... so... any suggestions?

Ryex

restart your computer and try again. if it still happens then change the port number.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

holy416m

Oh yeah!!! Finally successfully connected to the server... but the problem is... when I tried pressing "Register", type in the username and password, press "Submit", it pop-up a thing saying "You have been disconnected."... so... what now?

Blizzard

Delete your database and create it again. If it still happens, check the server log. If the it's a server-side problem, the log should have caught the error.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Grunje

Quote from: Champion Blizzard on March 26, 2010, 03:45:20 am
You are using a dial up connection for internet? You don't seriously expect the server to work normally on an unreliable type of connection such as dial-up?! If you want to test the server locally, use localhost (or 127.0.0.1). If you want to run it so others can see it, you need an external server.

All netplays i have tested all, except your, worked successfully with dial up.
Dial up connection isn't a problem. I think until everything is working perfectly on the server/mysql.
The "Offline" appears so fast, that i think wich the problem is in the Client.

Obs : I have tested use localhost (127.0.0.1) and the Client continues to show me Offline